Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Something to ponder on
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Something to ponder on - Feb 11, 2009 11:55
Lets say that it is around 2:00 in the morning, and you're sitting atop a big hill, looking over a cityscape at night, who would notice if one of the thousands of lights went out, who indeed? Well, the person who noticed would be the person who is responsible for that light, the person whose way is lit by that light, the person who felt a little safer at night knowing that their home was lit up, the person whose job it is to ensure functioning lights that produced safer roadways.

This actually reminds me of a story I heard when I was younger:
There's an old Mexican tale that tells of how Santa Claus got so very busy looking out for the good children that he had to hire some help to look out for the bad children. So he hired Pedro. And Santa Claus gave him a list with all the names of all the bad children. And Pedro would come every night to check them out. And the people, the little kids that were misbehaving, that were not saying their prayers, Pedro would leave a little toy donkey on their window. A little burro. And he would come back, and if the children were still misbehaving, Pedro would take them away, and nobody would ever see them again.
<message edited by Zarathustra on Feb 11, 2009 12:02>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message