Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Rising selling out in Japan
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 03, 2006 16:20
Getting 40 copies of a game in for it' s initial release [in a small store] is pretty normal worldwide. I mean, on our 360 launch day last year our shop got only 13 consoles and 20-something copies of PGR3.

When Dead Rising launched here last month we got maybe 60 copies in. They sold out very quickly and we got a second delivery 3 days later.

I still don' t think anything can help them in Japan, -- and if there was going to be something that would it would be Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey or DoAX2.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 03, 2006 16:23
And with a " Z" rating too, pretty impressive if I say so myself. I thought microsoft was hated more over there :/ Good thing Microsoft won' t give up the fight in the USA even though they pretty much lose in Japan.

Edit: Forgot to mention, always remember the biggest key fact. Microsoft was the first company to Lose in Japan and still survive in the gaming industry in America.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 3 Oct 06 8:23:45 >
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 03, 2006 17:31
Capcom who' s publishing this game, I think they usually do a good job.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 03, 2006 18:11
Lets face it,if BD/LO doesn' t make 360 sell japanese people arn' t real gamers,if you gonna stand 3 hours in line for just play 5 min of BD and vote BD as the best game at TGS.

You should be able to buy a 360+core package,lets face it,360 isnt just BD/LO even in Japan.

They are getting games like NG2,trusty bell,gears of war,Lost planet,Tri-ace new rpg.resident evil5 and ofc some of the biggest western game here.

Like upcoming,mass effect,banjo kazoozie and alan wake etc
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 3 Oct 06 18:25:28 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 04, 2006 00:51

banjo kazoozie

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 04, 2006 01:14
Yes,her name is " Kazooie" i didn' t make that up
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 04, 2006 01:43

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

banjo kazoozie

are' re

You are very passionate about 360 Quez :)

Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 04, 2006 09:49
Kazoo -Zie. Sounds like Kaz! OMG! I' ve caught on to microsoft' s plan, they are going to buy out Sony just before claiming Nintendo as being a " Non-rival" then in an unforeseen turn of events the Wii will outsell the 360 by 5-to-1 and Microsoft will go bankrupt.

Of course, that would only happen in Opposite land...well, as opposite as the Sony Microsoft merger/buying out goes.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Dead Rising selling out in Japan - Oct 04, 2006 16:01
I wonder, the fact that it' s made by Capcom could have been all the sufficient advertising you need.

Honestly, maybe direct developer fans rather than console fans, are keeping track of all the games that come out of them, and were the buyers of Dead Rising.

I' m just surprised they have such large displays plus peripherals set-up for the 360 at all! When I was in Aqua City near the coast (Tokyo), I went to Toys R' Us and there was absolutely NOTHING on the Xbox, and just one token 360 left out for people to try. With Kameo' s demo =/

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll