Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Cost of Games For Wii.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
The Cost of Games For Wii. - Jun 22, 2006 01:14
Aw rumours. I love them. They make the actual game/console/whatever appear so much better than it actually is. Aw yes, rumours...

The only thing I hate about rumours is being disappointed by the fact they turn out to be untrue. The following rumour, however, i one that I' m sure we could all live without...

Anywhooo, rumour has it that thrid-party wii games were planning to come out at $60 in the USA. Seeing as 360 games and (most likely) PS3 games debut at $60, Wii games coming out at $60 and making that extra little would be great business for companies. But, now the 360' s games have dropped their game prices -- even releasing games at $40. This is a brilliant move by Microsoft to dick over the expensive PS3 which will most likely also have expensive games...but what does this mean for the Wii?

Thrid-party Wii is going to drop price on the game of prices to $40 in order to keep competition. Not only this but...

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata along with the Board of Directors answered many questions at a corporate management policy briefing held last week which revealed that the price of the Wii development kits would now cost as low as $1,732. Iwata expects to increase funding for research and development to prepare for launch.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/

The development kit that Nintendo sends out is cheap! It appears that due to the PS3' s ' poor' display at E3 (which is said to depict the future of gaming), many thrid-party developers are jumping to the Wii.

It appears as if those that were not interested in Nintendo' s Wii due to a lack of variety in games, I mean afterall...every other game is Mario or Donkey Kong whatever with a Zelda or Metroid thrown in there every other year...may look towards the Wii because of picking up thrid-party interest, even before the Wii even came out!

So when the Wii comes out, it seems the only questions are is...will it live up to the hype? Will it reclaim the throne of video games? And will it ruin Sony? And disgrace Microsoft? I hope to have a repeat of the Nintendo DS' success, myself.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Cost of Games For Wii. - Jun 22, 2006 01:47

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata along with the Board of Directors answered many questions at a corporate management policy briefing held last week

The conference is mentioned in this thread:
http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=54387&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
where you' ll also will find a link to a video of the whole conference (90 minutes).
Sadly, the questions and answers at end of the conference is not included in the video.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 21 Jun 06 17:48:26 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Cost of Games For Wii. - Jun 22, 2006 04:39
cheap. Dont expect to pay more than 50 euros [the modern civilized currency] 30 pounds [the old and stubborn english currency] and 10 drums of oil [the new american curreny] for it.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 21 Jun 06 20:40:30 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message