Resident Evil (the movie) 1 & 2 discussion

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
  • Reward points : 0
Resident Evil (the movie) 1 & 2 discussion - Oct 13, 2004 00:47
I finally saw the first Resident Evil today, huzzah!

I was a bit worried about it when it came out as I was sure it being a videogame movie would be a pile of crap. That and I heard something an evil killer computer doing more damage than the zombies Resident Evil is famous for and that really made me stay away.

2 years later and I rented the movie to watch. I wish all videogame movies were like this. It worked as a movie but included just enough things from the game to be good; Zombie people, dogs and a licker. Nice. There are other things from the game and it just felt like it should I suppose.

Tomb Raider failed because they totally Hollywood-ized it. If they had included more people, places and things from the games the movie would have gone down better. The same thing applies with the Final Fantasy movie. Square hoped people would be interested because of the name alone. The Spirits Within had nothing to do with the games and suffered. The movie of FFVII is what they should have done then or at least a movie with a traditional Final Fantasy setting.

Resident Evil 2 looks to see the effects of the T-Virus spread over Raccoon City, possibly even further. Is it out in the US yet? If so has anybody seen it?

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Resident Evil (the movie) 1 & 2 discussion - Oct 13, 2004 02:02
I actually like RE 2 better then the first one. Thay may have went a lil overboard with the action sequnces but overall it had the RE theme in it. The movies certainly left the origonal RE story, however the new one for the movies is still very likable.

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: Resident Evil (the movie) 1 & 2 discussion - Oct 19, 2004 14:23
Wah Hoo for Resident Evil 2 I liked both I can' t wait to get it for DVD. For Resident Evil was there another special edition? I got one but I mean it has lots of DVD extras... I am confused.