Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sequals Xtreeeeeme!!!!
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Sequals Xtreeeeeme!!!! - Oct 28, 2008 09:24
Ok so Volition said if Saints Row 2 does well it would get started on a sequal...So it mustve done well casue a sequal was announced.
Then you got EA hinting at a Dead Space sequal and Army of Two as well. Thats all fine and good at least the games have been on the shelves.
But then you get LBP which just came out stateside and already a sequal is in the works
And to follow that...Fallout 3  (which has just barely as of one house ago been released across the US) sequal it in the works and expected witin the next 2 or 3 years...

Cant we at least enjoy what we got ?! It especially bugs me to hear of a LBP sequal so soon...let the community bloom a little before such announcement...sheesh. isnt that the main selling point of the game? Announce additional content and items or something not a whol new game 1 day after release. I know developers are working on sequals very quickly after its predasessor and all but they can keep mum about it for a while right?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Sequals Xtreeeeeme!!!! - Oct 28, 2008 17:47
I see why a Fallout sequel would need to be started immediately, and Im thankful that theyre not making an Oblivion sequel.

Im only on chapter 7 of Dead Space, but the game is amazing and has great atmosphere, so if anything deserves a sequel it does.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Sequals Xtreeeeeme!!!! - Oct 28, 2008 18:44
I don't understand LBP 2 either... Why announce it now... MM should have given the game a month on the shelves before announcing the next
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Sequals Xtreeeeeme!!!! - Oct 28, 2008 19:31
Kelvinellenton

I don't understand LBP 2 either... Why announce it now... MM should have given the game a month on the shelves before announcing the next

I dont get why theyre even making this game. If they truly wanted to support the community growth on this game they would release a sequal 2-4 years from now, and not announce it at least for a year and a half.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Sequals Xtreeeeeme!!!! - Oct 28, 2008 20:33
immortaldanmx

I totally agree.  I can see why a Dead Space/Fallout/whatever sequel can be announced (quite happy if Dead Space is good, I'll need to check that, althouhg I'd like to see some d/l content for Fallout first). Little Big Planet should have enough user generated content to render a sequel almost pointless, for at least the next year.  If the possibilities are really limitless (doubtful, but it seems they certainly haven't been reached yet) then the need for an LPB sequel anytime soon is minimal.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Sequals Xtreeeeeme!!!! - Oct 29, 2008 06:20
The world doesn't revolve around gamers.  They announce things early to keep stock holders happy.  Forget about LBP 2, it will likely be released for PS4.  Which is good because the PS3 is holding back the potential of a game like this.  Blink video technology is working beautifully but the RAM in the PS3 is still a constraint.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll