Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lucas Arts talks about a Wii light sabre game!!OH YES!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
Lucas Arts talks about a Wii light sabre game!!OH YES! - Jun 29, 2007 07:55
From Gamasutra -

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14500

Heres a small snippet -

In response to a question from session moderator N' Gai Croal of Newsweek asking: " What would it take to make a lightsaber game for the Wii?" , Ward, who is President of LucasArts and a Senior VP at Lucasfilm, commented:

" We’re all over that, and internally we have already played a lightsaber game on the Wii. It’s a lot of fun, and we’ll get there."

He added that the whole concept of a title using a lightsaber of Nintendo Wii was " ...in place! There’ll be some stuff out this Fall - it’s going to be a lot of fun."

I haven' t had much to talk about on the Wii of late() but the announcement of this and a few other newly announced exclusive titles (like Dragonblade, some fire fighting game and one or two others) makes me believe it won' t be to much longer till the Wii gets itself out of ps2 port hell. A lightsabre game and Wii is just a match made in heaven and news of a game from Lucasarts is definately news i have been waiting for!! As long as they can nail the motion controls, imean controling the Sabre and Blaster with the Wiimote just seems so right.

If they get everything right with this game its gonna be a Wii AAA exclusive even if it makes its way to other consoles. Can' t wait till i find out more.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lucas Arts talks about a Wii light sabre game!!OH YES! - Jun 29, 2007 08:11

I haven' t had much to talk about on the Wii of late()

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lucas Arts talks about a Wii light sabre game!!OH YES! - Jun 29, 2007 08:14
Oh yeah, and lightsaber games for the Wii are a long-needed refresher, or something insightful like that.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Lucas Arts talks about a Wii light sabre game!!OH YES! - Jun 29, 2007 08:22

but the announcement of this and a few other newly announced exclusive titles (like Dragonblade, some fire fighting game and one or two others) makes me believe it won' t be to much longer till the Wii gets itself out of ps2 port hell

A fire fighting game?

Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Lucas Arts talks about a Wii light sabre game!!OH YES! - Jun 29, 2007 11:10
Pleezus Jeezus, finally! Wasn' t the Wii originally reverse engineered from jedi lightsaber sim blueprints anyway?
< Message edited by Die_Hounderdoggen -- 29 Jun 07 3:12:46 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lucas Arts talks about a Wii light sabre game!!OH YES! - Jun 29, 2007 16:58
They' ll probably just port Star Wars Trilogy Arcade.

Not that that would be a bad thing.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message