Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fallout 3 Screens ...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 13:24
Looking good
< Message edited by 2pac -- 7 Apr 08 5:25:59 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 15:12
mmmmmmm, oblivion with guns

Hopefully there are many people populated areas like in oblivion.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 16:26
Mmm it looks really good, i just wished a talented developer was doing it!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 16:58
Erm, how is Bethesda not talented?
Vx Chemical

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 17:10

The level scaling in Oblivion is horrible.

The main quest is boring.

The side missions are boring (except the dark brotherhood)

Its 100% linear, and nothing you do change the world around you.

Wiki Dialogs

There are good things in Oblivion, but it shouldnt call itself a real rpg, and Fallout being the father of good rpgs, its really sad to see it get made by Bethesda.
UnluckyOne

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 21:51
Come on man, just because you didn' t like Oblivion doesn' t mean Bethesda suck ass.

I didn' t particularly like Half Life 2 or any of its episodic content, but I know for a fact that Valve are still extremely good developers. I don' t like Shakespear, but I know for a fact he was a groundbreaking play-writer.

Bethesda' s last two flagship games (Morrowind/Oblivion) have garnered critical acclaim by hundreds of sources. They' ve both won hundreds of awards. Only a handful of developers can claim to have done the same thing with their games. Do you still claim that Bethesda aren' t talented despite the cold hard facts?

You' re letting opinion and bias get in the way of reality. Recognising talent doesn' t require you to like the final product or the creator. It just requires rational thought.
Vx Chemical

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 22:09

Bethesda' s last two flagship games (Morrowind/Oblivion) have garnered critical acclaim by hundreds of sources. They' ve both won hundreds of awards. Only a handful of developers can claim to have done the same thing with their games. Do you still claim that Bethesda aren' t talented despite the cold hard facts?

You' re letting opinion and bias get in the way of reality. Recognising talent doesn' t require you to like the final product or the creator. It just requires rational thought.

Fact is that Bethesdas style of roleplaying games are unsuited for Fallout. Its gone downhill for bethesda with every elder scroll outing. Daggerfall was good, Morrowind was fair, and Oblivion wasnt that good.

I have played oblivion quite a lot actually since my gamerscore is 1000.

After i played Oblivion i replayed the games that made me think RPGs are cool, and Oblivion features no of those elements.

Yes i am biased because i like RPGs that:

Let you have conversations.

Gives you choices with consequences.

Let my hero have a personality.

Maybe its just me but leveling up isnt what RPG' s are all about, its about character progression in a more ways than numbers can do. And Bethesda hasnt pulled that off yet.

Ohh and oblivion did ship with quite a lot of bugs, as did Morrowind and Daggerfall, if you find retrospective reviews of Oblivion, they arent quite as positive
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 22:21

Yes i am biased because i like RPGs that:

Let you have conversations.

Gives you choices with consequences.

Let my hero have a personality.

Does this mean you don' t like Zelda then? (Even though it is technically not a RPG)
Vx Chemical

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 22:31

Does this mean you don' t like Zelda then? (Even though it is technically not a RPG

If Zelda was an RPG it would be a shitty one. I do like Zelda, though i couldnt really get in to the TP game. WW is my favorite followed by Phantom Hourglass and then Minish Cap
UnluckyOne

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 07, 2008 22:58
Vx, what you previously posted was again just opinion and has little to do with Bethesda having talent.

They are talented. They do what they do, and they do it extremely well. You are of the opinion that Bethesda creates games that don' t fit your criteria - and therefore Bethesda has no talent. This is not rational.

It' s perfectly fine to say that you didn' t like Oblivion. But to say that Bethesda has no talent is asinine.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 01:42
I think personal opinion is all that matters here. Whether they are talented or not is besides the point. If i like the game then ill buy it and if i dont then i wont buy it.

Edit: Is the link broken? I got redirected to the main site or something.
< Message edited by GrayFox -- 7 Apr 08 17:46:19 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 03:25

Vx, what you previously posted was again just opinion and has little to do with Bethesda having talent.

They are talented. They do what they do, and they do it extremely well. You are of the opinion that Bethesda creates games that don' t fit your criteria - and therefore Bethesda has no talent. This is not rational.

It' s perfectly fine to say that you didn' t like Oblivion. But to say that Bethesda has no talent is asinine.

Let me put it this way. Mix the good parts of Oblivion with the good parts of fallout and you have a great game. Oblivion alone just doesnt work. If i want to play a game like that, Oblivions nearest relative is WoW which yields twice the fun.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 04:39
Actually Oblivion is what got me off WoW. I can' t go back to WoW because of it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 06:33
Photos reposted for the forum users here who don' t speak German.

Generally speaking the game looks lovely, but what' s up with the character models? The faces look... off. There' s no proper way to describe it, save " not very good" .

I mean really, the going-on-four-year-old Half Life 2' s facial features are above anything I' ve seen in Fallout 3 thus far:

Bethesda need to step up the game a bit. If they' re going to get rid of the isometric view, they need to make sure the closer look leaves you with something to actually look at.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 08:43

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

The level scaling in Oblivion is horrible.

The main quest is boring.

The side missions are boring (except the dark brotherhood)

Its 100% linear, and nothing you do change the world around you.

Wiki Dialogs

There are good things in Oblivion, but it shouldnt call itself a real rpg, and Fallout being the father of good rpgs, its really sad to see it get made by Bethesda.

I agree, the dark brotherhood is the only good side story in oblivion. I quit after I became it' s master.

Either way though, even just playing through the dark brotherhood missions thats like 20-30 hours of game play, more than enough to justify a purchase.
emofag

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 08:45

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Generally speaking the game looks lovely, but what' s up with the character models? The faces look... off. There' s no proper way to describe it, save " not very good" .

I mean really, the going-on-four-year-old Half Life 2' s facial features are above anything I' ve seen in Fallout 3 thus far:

Because bethesda makes realistic shit.

It isn' t realistic for some hot/pleasant chick to wield a gun and kill aliens. REAL female warriors are ugly, and man-ish, usually lesbian. Thats why oblivion' s females all look like ***ing transsexuals. That is how it is in real life, warrior women are NASTY.

Their male models are fine to me, but I don' t obsess over them, if you' re paying so much attention to how a guy' s face looks like I think you should seek therapy so you can finally come out of the closet, because thats something only a homo does.
< Message edited by emofag -- 8 Apr 08 0:53:17 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 08:53
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 08:54

Either way though, even just playing through the dark brotherhood missions thats like 20-30 hours of game play, more than enough to justify a purchase.
The thieves guild wasn' t bad.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 09:43

It isn' t realistic for some hot/pleasant chick to wield a gun and kill aliens. REAL female warriors are ugly, and man-ish, usually lesbian. Thats why oblivion' s females all look like ***ing transsexuals. That is how it is in real life, warrior women are NASTY.

Unless you' re Israeli.

It has nothing to do with the attractiveness of the character models, it' s their facial expressions and uniformity. The textures are plasticky and the faces are disjointed, whereas Valve' s characters convey emotion very realistically. Go back and play Half Life 2 again. You can see where a male character shaves, or where the skin on their face reddens from age. The same goes for emotion. Disappointment isn' t just a frowny face. It' s pursed lips, furrowed eyebrows, a turned head, and a change in stance, similar to real life.

We can use a male model to better illustrate my example if you' d like. I' m not picky, or insecure, for that matter.

I have no problems with Bethesda as a developer, but because they brag about the extraordinarily high standard of their games, they' re held to those standards, and while their games are relatively consistently of good quality, they could definitely be better.

This is nitpicking though. On a large scale, I' m not worried about the gameplay elements of Fallout 3. There are people who are going to hate it if they decide to change certain components. I' m most likely not going to be one of them. The industry' s changed, and with it, gamers taste. They' d be in a worse situation if they didn' t adapt to the times.
emofag

RE: Fallout 3 Screens ... - Apr 08, 2008 10:07

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Unless you' re Israeli.

It has nothing to do with the attractiveness of the character models, it' s their facial expressions and uniformity. The textures are plasticky and the faces are disjointed, whereas Valve' s characters convey emotion very realistically. Go back and play Half Life 2 again. You can see where a male character shaves, or where the skin on their face reddens from age. The same goes for emotion. Disappointment isn' t just a frowny face. It' s pursed lips, furrowed eyebrows, a turned head, and a change in stance, similar to real life.

We can use a male model to better illustrate my example if you' d like. I' m not picky, or insecure, for that matter.

I have no problems with Bethesda as a developer, but because they brag about the extraordinarily high standard of their games, they' re held to those standards, and while their games are relatively consistently of good quality, they could definitely be better.

This is nitpicking though. On a large scale, I' m not worried about the gameplay elements of Fallout 3. There are people who are going to hate it if they decide to change certain components. I' m most likely not going to be one of them. The industry' s changed, and with it, gamers taste. They' d be in a worse situation if they didn' t adapt to the times.

Modern soldiers are not warriors. All those bitches do is fly planes over underdeveloped countries and drop bombs. Sure they can kiill dozens of muslims in one shot, but in a real on on one battle with no technology, those bitches would be taken as rape hostages, they are physically defenseless.

In the RPGs we play we don' t nuke things to get shit done, we have to actually infiltrate places and kill hundreds of people by ourselves with limited technology, obviously you would neeed to by physically developed to handle such a task, those skinny israeli bitches have nothing.
< Message edited by emofag -- 8 Apr 08 2:16:39 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread