Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 18:16
This is currently one of the few games on my must have list. People have been fighting over the right for Star Trek for years now hence the reason we havn' t really seen any ST games. Bethesda nabbed the rights and are making Legacy to coincide with some sort of ST anniversary. They managed to get all five Captains (actors) from all the series working together for the first time ever. They also brought on board a st writer and ship modeler, the fact that they would go through such efforts only gives me a good impression with the direction of the game.

I' m not a Trekkie or anything but I used to watch Voyager and Deep Space Nine and always believed that ST was perfect for videogames. ST fans are known for their attention to detail and apparently the devs are all a bunch of Trekkies so i know the game will kickass.

http://startrek.bethsoft.com/games/legacy-overview.aspx
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 15 Aug 06 10:21:30 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 18:28
I looked at a video and i wasnt too widely impressed. Though with more story and clearer control scheme i could be tempted i guess, i like startek especially NG movies
Agent Ghost

RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 18:34
You like ST and you' re not tempted by this game? are you mad? Massive ship battles online, you get to be Borg...well i' m buying this the day its released. My only problem is deciding between the PC version or the 360 version.
Vx Chemical

RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 18:42
MM well not that keen on ship battles, a shooter, or an rpg even would tempt me loads more
Agent Ghost

RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 18:50
I like ship battles when its intuitive. If you give me somethign like ORB I won' t play it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 19:18
yeah i didnt go well with ORB or homeworld, though i liked X-wing :P
Agent Ghost

RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 19:23
From what i can see it doesn' t look like this one will be too hard to pick up. You might have a better time if you know something about ST so you can develop tactics faster. But the game has to work on the 360 controller which leaves me believing that it won' t have a steap learning curve.
Vx Chemical

RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 19:27
i dont really mind tough games. I have watchede loadsa nextgen, voyager and deepspace 9
Agent Ghost

RE: Star Trek: Legacy is looking better and better - Aug 15, 2006 19:37
Well the appeal of this game I think will be online, and its a ST game which means playing against all the fantics. If ever I get attacked by a Klingon Bird Of Prey and the player speaks to me only in Klingon, I' ll laugh myself to death. Uh what was my point? 6:40am! I think its time for bed...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll