Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 25, 2007 11:42
I remember quite a few people talking about how they hoped this, and subsequently Majora' s Mask would hit the VC service on the Wii

One point I didn' t really think much about that gamespot brought up, is that it could introduce a new generation of gamers to such an amazing game from the past. I would be very interested to know how many kids will actually play the game, or if it' s gonna be mostly us old folks replaying a great game from our past.

I never really cared a ton about the VC market, because, truth be told, I own almost all of the older games I want to play, excluding the Genesis. It' s a great feature, but not a selling point for me, unless they were free. However, if it really does get the new generation to play the old classics, I would give it " mad props" as the kids say today.

Now its off for a glass of prune juice and a 9 o' clock bedtime, my darned hip has been acting up again and I need the rest.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 25, 2007 12:18
about time
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 25, 2007 13:49
Well, at least i hope they dont take their sweet time to upload Majora´s Mask, and i also hope they make a decent work, i cant wait to pay for a perfect port
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 25, 2007 15:37
I hope this is a flawless port, they should know how much people want this one.
Dagashi

RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 25, 2007 18:05
I just got back from my buddies house who has bought 10 or so games for his Wii from the VC network. It turns out, the SNES games in particular don' t run flawlessly.

I' m not sure if its just his Wii, but he told me that the wii occasionally freezes during gameplay, and at times doesnt even boot up the game. We played about 5 different games, and it froze loading, then during Street Fighter II (which was a blast to play again, except M-Bison wooped my ass). It froze loading and during Donkey Cong Coutnry, and froze looding Super Mario. It froze during Zelda: Link to the Past. It worked fine on golden axe and super mario 3. It also didn' t do anything on Mario 64, but he told me it has done it on Mario Kart 64.

I' m really surprised, and so is he. It' s still fun to play em, and you can get past it, but I was surprised I hadn' t heard anything about this yet. I wasn' t expecting it since it worked just fine on his NES and Genesis games when I played it last week. This makes me wonder if its just his Wii, or if its a more widespread problem.
mastachefbkw

RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 26, 2007 03:35
My friend told me that their supposed to be getting Paper mario, a couple of snes games(i cant remember what he said), and i think he said Donkey Kong 64 next time they update the virtual console
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 26, 2007 03:46

One point I didn' t really think much about that gamespot brought up, is that it could introduce a new generation of gamers to such an amazing game from the past. I would be very interested to know how many kids will actually play the game, or if it' s gonna be mostly us old folks replaying a great game from our past.
Man, it' s kinda scary to think that there are gamers out there that are too young to have played Ocarina. Makes me feel freaking old.

I' m ordering some geriatric support braces off of those internets. Does anybody know how to turn on the typewriter/television thing?
mastachefbkw

RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 26, 2007 04:01

Man, it' s kinda scary to think that there are gamers out there that are too young to have played Ocarina. Makes me feel freaking old.

its not that bad. kids now a days only know what gameboys and gamecubes are.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 26, 2007 05:58
The best part of it all is that they often are the very vocal ones. Bashing games and consoles the most since they of course are the most informed ones.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 27, 2007 00:26
Considering I have this already on N64 and Gamecube, I don' t really think I' m going to get it. How many people here are planning on getting these? How many already have enough versions of them?
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 27, 2007 00:38

Does anybody know how to turn on the typewriter/television thing?

Yep, a spoon does the trick.

How many people here are planning on getting these? How many already have enough versions of them?

I' m not. I have Ocarina both for the N64 and the GameCube and I also have Majora' s Mask for the N64.

I want some decent Wii games Nintendo! Not more Virtual Console titles!!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 27, 2007 00:42
Nintendo should give away their retro games for free, and let third party publishers sell their old junk for no more then a dollar. Especially considering you don' t even get a hard copy of the game.

With regards to the 360, if third party publishers want to release their old crap don' t charge us 5$ for it, 1$ is more then they deserve for shit I didn' t want to play 10-15 years ago.

5,10 or 15$ should be the price only reserved for original content like Geometry Wars and Flow.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 27, 2007 01:15

Considering I have this already on N64 and Gamecube, I don' t really think I' m going to get it. How many people here are planning on getting these?

I wouldn' t because i played all these games already and while they are fun it' s time to move on. I wouldn' t want to spend more time playing something that i played years ago. It doesn' t feel the same. Good news for younger audiences who haven' t played them yet.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 27, 2007 01:57
Does it have any improvements?
Dagashi

RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 28, 2007 03:51
No improvements, just like the other games. Glad to see you guys think that selling old games for big money is stupid too. But then again, Nintendo has been taking old games, and putting them on new formats and selling them for years. Gameboy or DS anyone?

I' m surprised however that nobody has mentioned anything about his Wii freezing etc. It' s still doing it now, a week later, and I haven' t read anything about it on the internet. That said, I don' t read Nintendo forums, something about them keeps me away.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 28, 2007 05:20
I have 12 VC games, 3 friends i know own some too. I have not ever experienced ' freezing' , nor have any of my freinds.

Eghit out of the 12 VC games i own, i have either, not played before or always wanted to complete / get into. The latest being the superb Excite bike.

VC is a ' bonus' which no gamer should be moaning about apart from being over-priced. Nintendo being just like any other games company, are not gona all of a sudden makes things cheaper if people out there are buying them.

With Neo Geo (and hopefully other independent Arcade games on the way, Namco, capcom, Konami?). VC is becoming more and more impressive.

When i play Live arcade games its games that are made to use the analogue stick as opposed to games such as paperboy, MK, street fighter, contra which play really, really poor on the 360 pad. Especially when compared with the ‘excellent’ Nintendo VC pad or even the wiimote on its side.

It' s quite clear which company really cares about retaining the greatness of the original game / which company was prepared. I still can’t believe MS still has not a decent retro Pad to play it games on?? and still releases games with no control options?? WTF? That is just absurd.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 27 Feb 07 21:27:39 >
Dagashi

RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 28, 2007 05:32

It' s quite clear which company really cares about retaining the greatness of the original game / which company was prepared. I still can’t believe MS still has not a decent retro Pad to play it games on?? and still releases games with no control options?? WTF? That is just absurd.

sshhhhhhhhh, you aren' t supposed to point out any flaws that it might have, lest you anger the beast and have it call upon its minions to burn you with flames of hatred.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 28, 2007 05:42

sshhhhhhhhh, you aren' t supposed to point out any flaws that it might have, lest you anger the beast and have it call upon its minions to burn you with flames of hatred.

No one here minds when MS gets rightfully bashed, i wouldnt spend money on a retro pad, but it would be welcome.

Stop being a fool Avarice!
mastachefbkw

RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 28, 2007 09:28

That sounded mega emo
Dagashi

RE: Ocarina of time slated for VC on the 26th - Feb 28, 2007 10:22
No, emo would go more like this -

sshhhhhhh, you can' t point out any flaws it might have, otherwise those facist pigs might come try and break your spirit. They would like, totally try and bring you down with petty insults and stuff.

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
< Message edited by Avarice -- 28 Feb 07 2:39:08 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread