Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sam and Max for the Wii!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 15, 2008 15:03
Looks like Telltale is into porting Season 1 to the wii, that would be pretty awesome and give a big user group the chance to play adventure games, something like that might even revive the genre!

Telltale Responds to Sam & Max Wii Rumors
Madcap comedy, now with 30% more waggle.
By Steve Watts, 01/14/2008

UPDATE: As promised, we' ve been trying to nail down an official confirmation from Telltale Games regarding the mysterious German press release that insinuated Sam & Max were finally heading to the Wii. Unfortunately, despite the evidence, Telltale isn' t ready to discuss what' s happening with the duo -- but they don' t fail to keep hope alive, either.
" It' s no secret that we want to bring Sam & Max to the Wii and it is something we' re actively pursuing," said Telltale Marketing Coordinator Emily Morganti to 1UP. " We don' t have any official news right now, but when we' re in a position to confirm that we' re porting Sam & Max to the Wii, we' ll make an announcement about it."

Still, the wheels are turning. We should have an announcement soon.

Link
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 15, 2008 15:33
Now, this kind of game makes me sad that I don' t have a Wii (and a PC in this case)

I loved Hit the Road and all I hear are praises for Telltale' s work on season 1 and apparently season 2 is holding out strong as well.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 15, 2008 20:49
I am glad, but the only people I know who have Wiis are small children. I will see if I can' t convince the parents of said small children to get as the father loved Hit the Road.

Also could someone fill me in on this Season 1 & 2 thing?
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 15, 2008 21:51
Some more point-n-click games for the Wii. Always good to hear.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 15, 2008 22:06
Sam and max rocks . Is the season 2 out already ? I have just played a couple of episodes from season 1 ..
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 15, 2008 22:52
Sam and Max was great but I' m not convinced Wii owners are going to be excited about it.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 00:43

and a PC in this case

Do you not have regular access to a PC? Sam and Max isnt exactly taxing on the hardware, a mid-range Dell can run it.
Chimura

RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 02:10

Also could someone fill me in on this Season 1 & 2 thing?

Is a series of 3 to 5 hour episodes released through gametap by telltale. There a 6 episodes in season 1 and I' ve read that they' re hillarious. Everyone agrees that the puzzles are on the easy side, but the consensus says they' re very enjoyable. Being Sam and Max, I believe it. Season 2 is currently on episode 2.

Do you not have regular access to a PC? Sam and Max isnt exactly taxing on the hardware, a mid-range Dell can run it.

Well, I am sure my aunt' s PC can run it, but I am sure that I won' t be running very well if she catches me playing games on it
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 02:46

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

and a PC in this case

I think chimura is a MAC owner . If so , serves you right for buying a mac ..
immortaldanmx

RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 03:19

Well, I am sure my aunt' s PC can run it, but I am sure that I won' t be running very well if she catches me playing games on it

Ah, that may be a problem then.

Please say it aint so
Chimura

RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 03:43

Please say it aint so

That was our first argument here, remember?

For this one, only this one game I suffer!
immortaldanmx

RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 03:46

That was our first argument here, remember

Really? I assumed it wouldve been over your flamboyant avatar
Chimura

RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 04:05

Really? I assumed it wouldve been over your flamboyant avatar

Well, I guess you could say Mac' s are flamboyant computers. So they go with the avatar
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 06:16
Fantastic news! The more attention Sam & Max get, the better.

This would certainly be a console-seller for me if I didn' t have a PC capable of running them.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 10:04
I' ve got to play these games some time. My brother was showing me Sam and Max Hit the Road, and it just exuded the kind of energy of a labor of love by its designers.
Chimura

RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 10:12
Hit the Road is easily one of the top 20 games I have ever played. Simply hilarious and worth the time and effort it took to beat.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 16, 2008 15:51

Hit the Road is easily one of the top 20 games I have ever played. Simply hilarious and worth the time and effort it took to beat.

yeah, i whip out the old adventures now and then! Lastly i completed Monkey Island 1, which surprisingly was my first time getting through it, i always got stuck on arriving and monkey island, i never found the Fort before.

When im done with this, ill head on to Monkey Island 2, which is probably my favorite, despite ónly having completed it once probably 14 years ago, or so. (fuck im old)

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Sam and Max for the Wii! - Jan 17, 2008 02:57
Hit the Road was much better than these new series, but they are still very funny and unique games. Favourite character has to be Bosco! Trust me, trust me.

The new series are the only example of episodic content working well. SiN Episodes got cancelled and Half-life 2 episodes took far too long. The Sam & Max episodes are a bit random, but we only need more episodic comedy adventure games. They should do a Ren & Stimpy one!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll