Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 gets killer app at launch
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 00:55
From IGN' s resistance review:

" Owners of some gaming systems have to wait years before they get a true " killer app," but PlayStation 3 users get theirs on day one."

Does anyone else agree?

I certainly do. X360 is pathetic.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 11 Nov 06 17:00:05 >
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:02
Yeah i think this game is gonna be Great. I keep hearing that the sound is really well done aswell.

Even my sister was interested when she saw the review.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:04
game looks good!
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:14

How good of you to takea break from playing Gears of War to enlighten us.
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: IGN' s Resistance: Fall of man comment - Nov 12, 2006 01:14
actually I posted that earlier, not too impressed with their video review though, looks too generic and not really feeling the alien designs, but my friends will have it on day one, so i can' t wait to actually get some hands on.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:20
Funny,Evil man think a game that get 9.1 from IGn is a killer app.

Then 360 have more then 1 killer app already.
Evil Man

RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:22
No, the 360 has over-rated garbage, the only " killer app" it has is GoW.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:24
I just relised the game doesn' t use bump mapping. Everything is normal mapped like in CoD2. CoD2 was 60fps and there were hectic battles going on with shitloads of smoke and explosions. Graphically Resistance is a let down and CoD3 is more impressive.

That being said, the animations and the enemies look awesome. The weapons look great and 40 player online should be intense!

It' s obviously the best title at launch and it' s obviously better than most 360 stuff but 30fps and it can' t match up visually to CoD3, and yet CoD3 also manages to run at 60fps?! That' s pretty bad considering it' s been built from the ground up for the machine.

I' m not complaining, i have been looking forward to Resistance since it' s announcement and i can' t wait to play it, but launch titles get away with murder and IGN gave PDZ an 8.4 when it' s not even close to that. PDZ is a 6 at the very best.

Anyway, i envy those who have PS3' s and i can' t wait to hear impressions from Americans who get there' s next week. Evil, i take i that should you secure your machine on launch day you' ll be pickin this game up?!
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:29
Don' t we have three threads about this subject, and you started 2 of them?

Well, ofcourse everyone must agree, since there was no Killer App but GoW (and i think Dead rising deserves to be a killer app, i bought the console for that reason).

But I don' t think the 360 is pathetic, GoW showed what the 360 is capable of, and there is more to come. 2007 will be the year of the 360, with games like Bioshock. At 2008 the PS3 will rule. That' s what I think will happen.
Nitro

RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:39

Well, ofcourse everyone must agree, since there was no Killer App but GoW (and i think Dead rising deserves to be a killer app, i bought the console for that reason

He isn' t sayng the 360 as a console is pathetic, but rather that it' s taken a full year to get a game like Gears out.

I loved CoD2 and PGR3 but neither could be considered a killer app. I think Oblivion, GRAW (especially GRAW) and Dead Rising should be considered Killer apps, and i think Double Agent comes close but falls slightly short.

Gears is the first true next gen game, and by that i mean it' s what everybody expected from the next geeration. GRAW blew me, and tons of other away and recieved great reviews and wasmade game of the year. Surely that' s a killer app?! But Gears is head and shoulders above anything on any platform. It' ll be a while before other 360 games and PS3 games can even catch up, nevermind surpass it.

Evil Man

RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:40
I havent even put CoD3 in my 360 yet.
Nitro

RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 01:50

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

I havent even put CoD3 in my 360 yet.

It' s very different to CoD2. It' s more like the orignal. It' s much better graphically and the weapons feel and handle better but it' doesn' t quite have the impact that CoD2 did. It' s an improvement and it' s more " next-gen" than CoD2, and the NPC' s and explosions, sound and textures (especially the textures) are all clearly nicer, but there are random framerate drops from. Mostly it runs at a nice smooth 60 though and the only complaint i have is that the weapons are slightly shiny.

WWII games aren' t for everybody though and the game is best online.

I really want to play Resistance now. I wonder when the UK will get demo pods in stores...

Makes me wish i was American...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 02:58

In America, IN America.

I never want to catch you saying that again!
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 11 Nov 06 18:58:50 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 03:46
The closest thing PS3 has to a killer app is Resistance. Which sucks, since all we want to do is play Gears of War.

hahahaha.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 03:48
a generic FPS...yeah we need more of those!!!!
Evil Man

RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 04:21
I' m sure COD3 looks good, I just haven' t had the urge to play it, honestly the only reason I bought it is because it was $44.99 I had no itention of getting it when I walked into the store.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 11 Nov 06 20:22:09 >
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 04:25

That' s funny, because i always wished i lived in the UK
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 06:12

Graphically Resistance is a let down and CoD3 is more impressive.
But I' m betting Resistance blows away CoD3 in gameplay. I' m still not sure what everybody sees in it, & I' ve given it a pretty fair chance. It does look nice though, I' ll certainly give it that.

I really want to play Resistance now. I wonder when the UK will get demo pods in stores...
Bout the same time most of the US does. I' ve been calling around, & I still haven' t heard from anybody that has one.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 11 Nov 06 22:14:44 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 08:35

" Owners of some gaming systems have to wait years before they get a true " killer app," but PlayStation 3 users get theirs on day one."

Does anyone else agree?

I had been thinking about this...and you know what...it doesn' t really fucking matter.

I' m sure (although there were issues with the Dev kits) Insomniac had almost the same time Epic did. The only difference is PS3 is coming out later, if PS3 had come out the same time 360 had...they would probably be getting their first about now. It is all a matter of perspective.

And you shouldn' t look down on a console and its games. Shows how ignorant you are...cause honestly PS3 is going to have the same BULLSHIT titles to GOOD title ratio as 360...if not then worse.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 12 Nov 06 0:36:00 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 09:20

The closest thing PS3 has to a killer app is Resistance. Which sucks, since all we want to do is play Gears of War.

You quote Crap from Someone else grow up man If you have something to say then say it but don' t copy and paste stuff . Say something Positive man

Source

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread