Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ??
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 10, 2008 23:05
With HD-DVD dead i was wondering if HD-VMD is goin to go the same way . Its cheaper than Blu ray and the VMD players can play existing dvds and vcds . The question that remains is whether the studios are actually going to support it ?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 10, 2008 23:22
Well, considering I' d never heard of anybody besides myself who knew what HD-VMD was... no.

It didn' t, and won' t get enough of a foothold in the market to make an impact.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 01:07
It was dead when it was anounced.
2pac

RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 01:29
Some indian studios have signed up to get movies out in vmd . I think its a viable option considering how cheap it is . As far as i know it doesnt support the hi-def audio formats but the video quality is very good i hear .

This is just a thought , with HD-DVD gone MS needs to find another media format to support , if not for this generation atleast for its next gen console . Blu ray seems to be the only option now . A blu ray drive on a MS console will profit sony . So obviously MS will prefer a non-sony option and IF the vmd were to catch on we could have a vmd drive on a MS console and since it anyways reads regular dvds it will support the 360 discs also .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 10 Mar 08 17:30:48 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 03:47
Yes...

But HD-VMD won' t make anybody profit if nobody has a player.

Between HD-VMD and Blu-Ray, if you had to make one player purchase which would it be? Best-Buy doesn' t stock VMD, Wal-Mart doesn' t stock VMD, most tech-savvy people haven' t even heard of VMD, no less support it.

That would be like Apple deciding to switch to Ogg-Vorbis or Flac. It' d be nice, but totally unrealistic.

Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 05:17
What' s HD-VMD?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 05:27
A red-laser 30GB-a-side alternative to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

The players are about as expensive as Blu-Ray players are now, and nobody and nothing supports them, besides Bollywood according to 2pac.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 11:31

This is just a thought , with HD-DVD gone MS needs to find another media format to support , if not for this generation atleast for its next gen console . Blu ray seems to be the only option now . A blu ray drive on a MS console will profit sony . So obviously MS will prefer a non-sony option and IF the vmd were to catch on we could have a vmd drive on a MS console and since it anyways reads regular dvds it will support the 360 discs also.

You' re wrong. MS will go Blu-ray because consumers will go Blu-ray. They certainly won' t support a ghetto format like HD-VMD.

What' s HD-VMD

A HD-DVD knock off. It' s dead.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 15:28
lool
2pac

RE: Will HD-VMD go the HD-DVD way ?? - Mar 11, 2008 21:42

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

This is just a thought , with HD-DVD gone MS needs to find another media format to support , if not for this generation atleast for its next gen console . Blu ray seems to be the only option now . A blu ray drive on a MS console will profit sony . So obviously MS will prefer a non-sony option and IF the vmd were to catch on we could have a vmd drive on a MS console and since it anyways reads regular dvds it will support the 360 discs also.

You' re wrong. MS will go Blu-ray because consumers will go Blu-ray. They certainly won' t support a ghetto format like HD-VMD.

What' s HD-VMD

A HD-DVD knock off. It' s dead.

I never said they will . It was a thought ..

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll