Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MS to publish ME2&3
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 12, 2007 21:06
I am glad, from what I have heard it is an awesome game. I am waiting for christmas, because as of right now I have no time to play the games I have:COD4(mostly dead), Halo 3(still working on getting everything), Orange Box(Portal down, the rest to go), Gears, and some rehashes COD2+3,Halo1+2, and if I ever get to it Beautiful Katamari.

2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 12, 2007 22:53
Sweet .. It would be stupid for microsoft to let go of the Mass effect franchise ...
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 12, 2007 23:15

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Sweet .. It would be stupid for microsoft to let go of the Mass effect franchise ...

It' s not like they' d have a choice in it either way. If EA wants to publish it and release it multiplatform then that' s what they' ll do. BioWare' s wholly owned IP' s now belong to EA so it' d take some huge exclusivity deal for this to be true. Microsoft would have to pay a shitload of money to keep this 360-only and i' m guessing that if such a deal exists it' s either part and parcel of a pre-existing sequel rights clause in the contract for the original game, ...or it' s a deal between EA and Microsoft that extends to the Games for Windows platform.

It would make sense that Microsoft wants to keep the series 360 exclusive as there' s the Halo gap to fill and Too Human looks like it' s going to fall on it' s face. Mass Effect is just as marketable to the 360 userbase as the Halo franchise, and even though there will be a Halo 4 at some point, Mass Effect would be the obvious choice to fill the void in the interim period.

Ofcourse, if the deal wasn' t on the table before EA secured BioWare, there' s nothing stopping Sony trying their luck.

As it is, i fully expect that like their sequel rights deal with Epic' s Gears of War, Microsoft had a similar stipulation written into their publishing agreement for the first Mass Effect game. BioWare, or rather EA, would have to pay a severe penalty for breaking such an agreement and unlike the RE4 PS2 fiasco where Capcom saw that they would make far more money by releasing a PS2 port than it would cost them to break their exclusivity agreement with Nintendo... i suspect EA doubts the viability of the Mass Effect franchise on PS3.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 13, 2007 00:09
It makes sense, Mass Effect is a big franchise and, afair, it has sold very well (1 million units in 3 weeks), which should be better than any other 360 game but Halo 3 was fared this holiday season.
Vx Chemical

RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 13, 2007 00:20
In anycase Bioware had enough trouble getting ME to run on the 360, i wouldnt want then working on other versions along side ME2, i hope they will release some downloadable content soon.

Replaying on Hard now, enemies are pretty tough to take down!
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 13, 2007 03:36
Yeah, I' ll rather have em working on clearing the frame rate issues and AI than working on a PS3 version also. Not that I mind if they ever released on PS3, but I tend to go with a franchise on the same platform I have the first game for, unless the other platform' s version is blatantly obvious. Case in point, I am getting Devil May Cry 4 for PS3, since I have all the others on PS2 and I am comfortable with the controller, while I have GRAW and GRAW2 for 360, and if they ever get around to GRAW3, I' ll probably get it 360 also.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 13, 2007 05:09

and if they ever get around to GRAW3,

I' d bet good money they will.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 12 Dec 07 21:09:50 >
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 13, 2007 05:11

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

and if they ever get around to GRAW3,

I' d bet good money they will.

Lets hope they drop Mitchell as was originally planned and focus on a new non-urban campaign.
Vx Chemical

RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 13, 2007 05:13
Yeha Ghost Recon and Urban doesnt really match well!
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: MS to publish ME2&3 - Dec 13, 2007 06:35
Some forest combat using GRAWS engine would be pretty cool

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages