Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 24, 2007 18:48

Chatting with Free Radical' s David Doak earlier today, 1UP learned that the developer aims to have a demo available on PSN before the game' s release. According to Doak, they' re still not sure if it' ll be a single-player or multiplayer demo, but the intention is definitely to have something for people to check out before Haze hits PS3 in November.

Separately, Free Radical will offer a beta test of the game this fall. Whether this beta will be limited or in wide release isn' t yet known.

LINK

The fact that they mention the beta separately leads me to believe the demo will be of the campaign mode.

The interesting thing is the amount of betas we' re getting. We' ve already had the Halo 3 and Warhawk betas and the CoD4 beta is just starting. We know there will be a SOCOM beta and now a Haze beta. I think it' s great.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 24, 2007 20:32
maybe it will kill some of the hate, it could turn out to be another warhawk?
Nitro

RE: Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 24, 2007 21:20
The flak the game is getting is because it' s a PS3 exclusive.

Warhawk looked great when it was announced, then got a load of stick when it was announced it was online only, ...then got more shit when we saw the admittedly lame " looking" ground sequences. Then we got the beta and everybody changed their minds because it was awesome.

Haze has always looked good (although i' m not sure about the vehicle sequences) and it' s a Free Radical game so it' d be hard for me to imagine it sucking, even if i wasn' t keen on Future Perfect. I know right now that the controls will be great and the multiplayer will be a blast because Radical have a great track record. The only thing that is missing is some brilliant character design.

I think the art direction probably has something to do with the lack of interest. Some of the screens look pretty generic and it doesn' t have much flair, especially when you look at Killzone' s fantastic art direction and the atmosphere it provides. But like you said, it could very well be like Warhawk and garner more interest once people have played the beta. It' s definitely a game i' m looking forward to seeing more of and it' s out this year which means it' s PS3' s only exclusive shooter to compete with Halo 3.
Silentbomber

RE: Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 24, 2007 23:44
meh, Hells Highway > all.

[cod4 close second]
Nitro

RE: Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 24, 2007 23:45

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

meh, Hells Highway > all.

[cod4 close second]

Too bad it' s a 2008 title though. CoD4 owns 2007.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 25, 2007 00:16
Isn' t Haze coming out on the 360 as well next year some time?
Silentbomber

RE: Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 25, 2007 02:51

Too bad it' s a 2008 title though.

What! when?

Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Haze demo before release in November and multiplayer beta on the way... - Aug 25, 2007 03:19
Bioshock own 2007!!! [:' (]

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message