Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Marathon: Durandal
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 10:52
Did anyone pick this up? I' ll buy it tomorrow and wanted to hear some first impressions beforehand.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 12:46
It' s out already?

I' ve been away for over a fortnight and i read about this in Game Informer the other day. I hadn' t realized it was happening until then and i certainly hadn' t realized it' d be out so soon.

I' m going to have a lot of catching up to do when i get back...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 15:57
Mmm I didnt like the demo enough to buy it...They updated so much of it why not update the animations at least. And the AI seemed slightly dumb as fuck. I opened a door and one came in and turned right and left me alone. He was being followed by another who shut the door on himself and never bothered to come back thru.

I' m enjoying the spyglass boardgames tho. But thats because I love chess, the other 3 are fine but I' m more into chess. And at 400 ms points it didn' t seem like such a bad deal.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 16:57
I heard you get motion sickness from this one, haha!

Im gonna check out the demo, but with my finacial situations, i cant even afford an xbox live game. FUCK!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 17:33
What' s up with you never having any money? Can' t you do some kind of weird part time job. Move lawn or something?
Vx Chemical

RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 19:35

What' s up with you never having any money? Can' t you do some kind of weird part time job. Move lawn or something?

impossible really, i work full time around 40 hours a week, takes an 1 too and from work, i have to pick up my daughter after work and take her to daycare before.

My girlfriend is a student, so she gets limited funds, and we own our own house. So lots of expensive no time to work anymore than i do!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 20:36
what is this game? Never heard of it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 21:31
Its Bungies first FPS game, released on the MAC, Halo is the spiritual successor of it!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 23:13
... well then dosent that mean it was already out? ..if it was before Halo...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 23:19
Yeah, they got some mac-centric developers to port it to the 360. I' ll be trying it today, but (much in the same boat as VX) I just spent the last of my remaining funds on a trip to Cedar Point, so I' ll be broke for a while still.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 02, 2007 23:20
Mayby I should get it...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 03, 2007 01:10

a trip to Cedar Point

Hell yeah! I went there once! My girlfriend and I rode Millenium Force in the front car right around sunset. I decided there would be no point in mentioning that I saw mad bug splatters on the nose of the car as we were getting in. Anyway, we got that beautiful view of Lake Erie at sunset right at the apex of the first hill... then of course, the massive 80 degree drop and a 96 mph plunge into the shade down below, where all the insects were out! We were picking bugs out of our hair and teeth and laughing about it for about five minutes after we got off the ride!

Did you ride that newer one, I think it' s called Top Thrill Dragster?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Marathon: Durandal - Aug 03, 2007 22:14
I' ll spare these guys the ranting about the park, check your inbox dude.

I just finished the Marathon demo, and I had forgotten how sick that game made me feel. The areas were too claustrophobic for how fast you were running, and I totally forgot that the game gave me massive headaches!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll