Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fallout Fallout Fallout!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Fallout Fallout Fallout! - May 19, 2009 15:57
So, Fallout 3 happens to my obsession. I play it on my 360, I play it on my PC, and I play the first 3(1,2, and Tactics) on my laptop. So I figured Id post a thread to sum up all the fallout news.

First up, Fallout: New Vegas. Using the Fallout 3 engine, with an unrelated story in a new setting. It is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda. It is not Fallout 4, rather a spin-off, similar to how GTA 3 had Vice City and San Andreas. Sauce on 1up.

Next up is the DLC for PS3, as well as 2 new packs for all 3 real systems. (yes, that was a jab at the Wii). The 2 new ones are Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Point Lookout is releasing in late June for 360 and PC, with the PS3 TBA. It takes place in a large swamp. Mothership Zeta will release late July on 360 and PC while PS3 is TBA, with the Lone Wanderer(your character) apparently being abducted by aliens(there are 2 alien ships crashed in the wasteland). Both expansions will be 800 points($10) each. Sauce on kotaku.

My reaction in 2 words? Nom Nom. Bethesda could do something drastically different with these expansions environment-wise, and Fallout 3 is already my personal brand of heroin(not intending to quote shitty movie).
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Fallout Fallout Fallout! - May 19, 2009 16:53
Yeah I just got back into Fallout 3 again. Restarted the game since I forgot where I left off and i certainly plan to get the last 2 expansions as well as the upcoming 2 which sounds rather interesting. It's cool to know they are putting some story behind some of those random locations within the game.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Fallout Fallout Fallout! - May 19, 2009 18:46
Glad to see all the bonuses coming out, but a few questions/points for discussion

Did Microsoft pull a fast one?  I thought DLC on the 360 was exclusive.  Did MS or Bethesda say it was timed exclusivity?

The other thing is, Bethesda are releasing Fallout 3 GOTY edition.  Will the new DLC be in this?  I assume it won't be, but how much would it cost to get all this DLC?  25 quid or so?

I've noticed recently I can get GOTY Oblivion for the PS3 (£8.99) for less than the Xbox Live price of Shivering Isles (£14.99) alone!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Fallout Fallout Fallout! - May 20, 2009 04:52

The other thing is, Bethesda are releasing Fallout 3 GOTY edition.  Will the new DLC be in this?  I assume it won't be, but how much would it cost to get all this DLC?  25 quid or so?
I read something earlier that said it would be out in October for $60 and will include all 5 expansions. For PS3 owners of Fallout (All two of them ) it would probably just be best to sell their current copy and wait for the GOTY edition considering all the expansions = $50.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll