Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 57
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 21:41
Lair (PS3, Factor 5): 6.0, 5.5, 5.0

Blue Dragon (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 6.5, 7.5, 6.5

Seriously.

Wtf is wrong with EGM staff.

In the same magazine they gaved Persona 3 - 9.5
While for ex IGN gaved that crap game 83/100.

EGM staff are just ***ed up atm.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 29 Jul 07 13:49:35 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 21:52

And since Famitsu gaved BD 37/40 I know its a great JRPG.

Famitsu (a Japanese mag) gave a Japanese Role-Playing Game what accounts to an A.

Japan likes a good solid traditional RPG, EGM is looking for new and " next-gen" , not good.

Lair I' m still very worried about. There was a lot of talk about the controls being freaky with SIXAXIS, and honestly, while the graphics do the job, they' re nothing to write home about (everything but the gorgeous CG vids obviously). I still have my fingers crossed, and I don' t think it' ll be a 5 or a 6 necessarily, I' m just a little worried is all.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 21:56
Famitsu is the biggest gaming magazine in Japan,and if you like JRPG like I do,you listen to what those says,not some weird fucked up 1up staff,have you seen them irl? they are fucked up.
They think they' re cool with their fuckedu p cloths and geeky attitude,fuck them.

And no,I doubt Lair is a 5/10 game,so perhaps its not an AAA title,you dont have to bash the game then.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 22:06
1up isn' t geeky, they make enough money to come across as geeky. Now Kotaku, that' s geeky.

Some of Famitsu' s reviews are spot on, others feel really really flaky. I imported a copy of Legend of the Mystical Ninja DS straight from Japan just to prove their 6.0 review wrong. It was nowhere near as bad as what they made it out to be. The fact that it was in Japanese was the sole bad thing about it, and that' s only because I' m not competent in their written language.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 22:10
Well EGM gaved Persona 3 - 9.5 in their latest magazine.

hah.

Seriously...

IGn gaved it 8.3 for ex.

ps!

" Play" gaved Lair 9/10.

To bad that EGM gonna influence IGN/GAMESPOT now,since in west we like to copying each other magazine/site reviews.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 29 Jul 07 14:12:41 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 22:31
Lair looked as though it had alot of Potenital, i still want to play the thing before judgement. Just hope it isnt another HS.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 22:38
Btw EGM gaved Gundam seed dynasty to 360 the same score as Lair.

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 22:41
IGN are usually good at reviews.. Though with most games you have to play them for yourself first, thank god for Xbox live Market place and Playstation Network... Booo Wii connect.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 29 Jul 07 14:42:14 >
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 23:04
lair: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
crispin says the combat system is confusing, and the sixaxis controls don' t always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.
greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don' t deliver
garnett says it' s a " frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots

blue dragon: 6.5, 7.5, 6.5
it has neither strong characters nor gripping storytelling, the battle system is " stellar" though but unaccompanied by any sort of interesting plot to hang your hat on. bryan is a bit easier on the story than andrew fitch (who had the lead review), and ray called it " safe."
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 23:43
As I haven' t played either games, I cannot really judge either one. And though I had hoped Lair to be good, this is what I feared. I dunno if the game will really be any good, despite the hype, because gameplaywise (at least ground battles) looked really dull.

And as all know I care not for Blue Dragon.

Still, I' ll wait for the demo, before deciding if EGM or IGN is right.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 29 Jul 07 15:45:16 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 23:49
Lair: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
This game won' t be considered epic or " aaa" title, if it got down to these mediocre score, than the game is screwed, and i' m very sure that later on Gamesrankings , this game will not exceed the 85% mark...

In blue dragon however,things might be different as it is a JRPG, i have a good feeling that EGM bashed it because it didn' t bring anything amazing, something taht will feel totaly nexgen and CAN' t BE done on other consoles (bar graphics)... In that Case magazines tend to bash the game , as a way to punish the publishers for not doing a much beter job , even if the game is really good and fun. as a JRPG fan, i think i will play blu dragon to the end, specialy when famitsu gave it 37/40 (although this magazine gives some really really weird scores soemtimes)
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 29, 2007 23:55
Yes I feel like ABA.

Because I understand why EGM didn' t like the story,sometimes the story/character just feels wrong/boring ***ed up etc in some JRPG while in others you might love it but your friend look at you like you must be nuts.

So im glad they liked the combat/experience and the exploration and twons and skill development in the game for " stellar" now its just up to me and try out the story myself in BD to see if it fit me or not,same with the characters.

Lair?

Well its like Aba said,even though it might be a 8/10 game it can' t be an AAA title since the avg score is 5.5 it doesnt matter how much they overexggrating when you reach a score of 5 there must be some serious flaws within the game.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 29 Jul 07 15:56:38 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 00:03
Well ever since EGM gave FFXII 9/10 I dont care about their ratings anways. Its still Eurogamer > any other Review site for me.

As for Persona 3, it can' t be that bad. It' s not like EGM was the only site this game got good reviews from.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 00:05
Im not sayingf it was bad,but 9.5?
Dionysius

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 00:35
Often for me, a game that recieves a 9 shouldn' t possibly be confused with a game that deserves a 5. Then something is seriously, with Quez words Fucked up!

I know I tend to bitch about this, but PDZ got a 9 and 10 at most places, however a free swedish gaming magazine gave the game a 6, which was a score I much more respected.

Judging a game based on story however is a though issue, as the definition on what is good/bad is something that is, also as Quez said, very varied due to personal preferences.

As such is artistic part of the graphics.

The character designer of Blue Dragon is a legend inn Japan, the guy behind Dragon Ball. Personally I hate Dragon Ball, especially the character design, so it is abvious I won' t like the art style in Blue Dragon.

But then again, this is the difference between an analysis and a review.
A reviewer states his/her opinion of the game, while an analysis states facts, nothing but facts.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 00:53
I agree,but heres the thing,why do they always copying each others review.

Why cant I see like in famitsu one giving a game a 9 and another one giving it a 6.

I doubt very much they had the eaxactly same feelings about these 2 titles.

You mentioned a Swedish magazine,yeah,but they also gaved I-8 6/10 so yes they give their opinion and doesnt follow the mainstream american press thankfully.

ps! never played i-8 have no idea how it is.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 29 Jul 07 16:54:43 >
Dionysius

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 01:00
I only played the Demo of I-8, while weapons are truly interresting and fun to use, the game isn' t! I' d say that 6/10 is about right, yeah.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 01:02
But you only played a demo.
Dionysius

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 01:09
Indeed. And it failed to get me interested enough to pay to play the full game. That is why my statement was a pure guess of what I think the game might deserve.

Edit: Just as I am already guessing that Lair might not turn great.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 29 Jul 07 17:12:01 >
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Jul 30, 2007 01:13
I always said that 1up staff sucks ass and are a couple of fucked up geeks.

If you thought Lair would be good then im sure you shouldn' t be to worried EGM are fucked up.
They wanna overexggrating everything.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 57

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread