Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Regarding pricedifferences console
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
Regarding pricedifferences console - Jan 01, 2007 04:52
Moving this one out of the Gears of War destroys 360 thread, since it' s way offtopic, there and it' s something I think would be fun to discuss witout ruining their thread.

--- 8<-- Moved messages --- 8<--

Eddie_the_hated wrote:

-60 gig PS3
-" Real" 1080p HDTV
-1080p tested HDMI

$1300-$1900

Or, on the opposite price end of the spectrum:

-Premium 360
-21inch UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
-360 VGA Cable

$525

Did I mention that the 21inch UXGA tube monitor has a marginally higher resolution than the best HDTV on the market???

KongRudi wrote:

If you absolutely MUST take advantage of the maximum standards on your PS3 home entertainment system (i.e. 1080P), I' m sure you would prefer the same on your 360.. :)

Then it gets more like this:

525$ Your price:
+ 300$ - 6 year Live subscription
+ 120$ - Wifi+Wireless controllerpack
+ 200$ - HD-DVD Drive
(oops.. now you too need HDMI-cable and better TV to take advantage of HD-DVD' s max resolution, that means + (1900$-600$=1200$, then we take away the 300$ your VGA-cable and TV-set for 360=900$))

1325-1925$ <= for your 360 with your prices..
And the PS3 owners still got plenty features, like SACD, Linux, and 40GB more then 360.. :P

The PS3 isn' t more expensive than 360, it just does more. :)

mastachefbkw wrote:

No dumb ass, you' ve just listed pointless shit that sony threw in their console to force you to buy it instead of having an option. For example HD DVD, Wifi, Wireless controller, and live subscriptions are not required. Instead of buying a video game console, you buy an over priced DVD player. PS3 is a piece of shit, we had this discussion months ago, sit down and shut up

--- 8<-- End of moved messages --- 8<--

Read the posts before you start calling people names, it will make you look smarter, besides if I' m wrong I might just be misinformed instead of dumb.

You do not have to own a 1080p TV for playing games on PS3 either, you can still get cheap 720p/1080i sets and play the games in your TV' s maximum resolution.

Live subscriptions ain' t needed on 360 true, but if you intend to have online play on your 360 games for 6 years, you need to subscibe to Live.
Atleast that' s what they told me in the store last time I came over a game I wanted for that platform, that you had to subscribe on a service in order to play against other people online.

Sure, Sony forces you to buy Bluray forinstance, if you want the PS3 you get the hardware in it.
You' ll still have use of it, that means that no developers have to worry about people only having 7GB-drives (DVD).

360 does not require you to pay for Live, however you will still pay full price for your game even if it' s multiplayer-mode turns useless, but I' m sure it' s nice to have the option to buy it again.
While on PS3 your multiplayer-mode in the game will still work, since their online is free, regardless if you intend to use it or not.

Sony might force you to buy some unwanted hardware, but you' ll have use for it when you buy it..

Same with 360, Live subscriptions aren' t necessary, but you' ll be able to make use of it when you buy it.

I don' t think PS3 is expensive compared to the 360, atleast.. It' s just different ways of gaining money from the consumers.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll