Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MMO Documentary: Second Skin
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
MMO Documentary: Second Skin - May 09, 2008 10:17
http://www.secondskinfilm.com/

This is a documentary on various MMO players, focusing on WOW and Everquest 2. My old flatmate (my best man at my wedding) played Everquest 2 for about 6 months, appearing out of his room less and less frequently when he wasn' t at work. One day Strube decided he was thoroughly addicted, uninstalled everything and threw it all in the bin. He' s never played an MMO since. I' d like to see other player' s stories - Strube said he read a few real horror cases on some websites.

I saw the review on www.brainwashed.com so I guess it' s pretty accurate from a non gamer standpoint. They only started doing movie reviews recently. I' ll be checking this out when comes out in the UK.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MMO Documentary: Second Skin - May 09, 2008 10:56
If you spend more than an hour a day playing a shitty game like WoW, you have a problem.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: MMO Documentary: Second Skin - May 09, 2008 13:25
I' ve never understood how someone can get addicted to a game. Even MMO' s get boring once you' ve hit the level cap and have done your share of raiding. Whenever I play an MMO it' s a pretty social affair anyway, all my friends usually have the same game.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MMO Documentary: Second Skin - May 09, 2008 15:22
A guy i went to school with was addicted to Everquest, he dropped out of school! Lost all of his real friends, just lived secluded in his appartment on welfare and Everquest, i dont know if it ever got better, actually i havent seen him since

I myself had a minor WoW addiction, but when i realized i was just spending my time in Ironforge jumping around on my mount 70% of the time i was playing i quit.

I started up again after the Burning Crusade, leveled a BE Paladin to level 70 and started thje same shit again, jumping around on my mount in Shatrah (oh what ever it was called) so i quit again.

I dont know if ill start when the Frozen Throne is released, i sold my account so it would have to be from scratch.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll