Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No More Heroes
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 05:17
Well we all know what No More Heroes is about right...well Europe think again

No More Gore for No More Heroes in Europe
Rising Star Games plumps for cleaner, cheerier version of Suda 51' s forthcoming slash-' em' up.
by Matt Wales, IGN UK

UK, December 10, 2007 - Following the suspicious appearance of goreless No More Heroes code as Suda 51' s forthcoming Wii action title does the European preview rounds, Rising Star Games has confirmed that we' ll be getting the ' censored' Japanese version of the game in this territory when it releases early next year.

While our US cousins will be treated to the full, unexpurgated bloodfest courtesy of Ubisoft, No More Heroes' s ludicrously over-the-top blood fountains and stylised dismemberment will be no more in Europe, instead replaced by a combination of bodily-robustness and non-biologically-specific black splatters.

We contacted Rising Star Games for an explanation and received this from the company' s managing director Martin Defries: " We' re publishing the same version of No More Heroes that has been successfully received in Japan. Ultimately, it' s a fantastic game to play and that' s all we care about at Rising Games" . Question is, is that all you care about, dear reader?

You might remember, way back, Suda 51 revealing to IGN, " I' ll also try my best to make No More Heroes as violent, or even more violent than Manhunt 2!" Sound like Rising Star Games got cold feet following Rockstar' s much-publicised tussle with the BBFC? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

I' m getting sick of this. I was so looking forward to this game...this brings my piss to a boil.

Well I got one message for Rising Star Games F*CK YOU!!!!! Bunch of f*cking cowards. I' m really getting pissed here I' m sick of this stupid censorship.

I can buy stuff way more twisted and gruesome than the stylish No More Heroes. I' m over 18 I can buy whatever the hell I want damn it. I' m more than able enough to take some over the top very stylish blood and enemies splitting in two and heads being cut off.

If it was only the blood...I could have lived with that...but even removing things like seeing them split into two...that' s just to far.

I' m really sorry for Suda 51, I really loved Killer 7 and was so looking forward to No More Heroes. But I am not going to buy an incomplete game. Cause that' s what it is if you take those stylish kills out of it. I' m not buying a game that gets completely butchered by censorship. I' m not buyin a game that supports censorship to a ridiculous level.

Really screw you Rising Star Games I hope you guys really take a big hit in your money loving pockets.

I' m just getting so sick of this, f*ck it all. Well all of Europe can stand up and give Great Brittain a big applause. Thank you Great Brittain for being full of dick-heads, thanks for screwing up my games.

Gah I need to stop writing here getting way to angry
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 06:07
That' s one thing you can' t say about America. Good bad or otherwise, we' re not reserved about our entertainment.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 07:45
I just read they' re censoring the Canadian version too! I can' t believe this. FUCKING CONSERVATIVES! No More Heroes indeed. It' s amusing that we' re so conserned about terrorists taking away our freedoms but it' s actually our own politicians that are stipping them away. I don' t even care about this game and I' m pissed about it.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 08:38
In the US, it' s primarily liberals with a beef against videogames. Religious nuts are too busy worrying about books, and most conservatives... well... frankly put.... like guns.
Agent Ghost

RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 09:15

In the US, it' s primarily liberals with a beef against videogames. Religious nuts are too busy worrying about books, and most conservatives... well... frankly put.... like guns.

US
Republicans are assholes
Democrates are hypocrites

Canada
Conservatives are incompetent
Liberals are crooks

I' ve never seen a politician in North America with my simple view on how things should be run. The problem with democracy is that it only catters to the majority. Which sounds good in theory. However this concept can be a real bitch. I can' t remember the exact quote, but I remember someone saying something like: " the majority will take away the rights of the minority 100% of the time" . There' s a lot of people the majority doesn' t like and they' re always willing to shit all over them. I want a party that won' t be the lapdog of the majority but rather the person that represents everyone fairly. There' s a concept that is lost amungst all of these losers, fairness. I want someone that can distribute wealth fairly (not equally, I' m no commie), and more importantly someone that can keep his dick out of peoples business. You can give me any issue and I can give you the right answer. No bullshit.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 12 Dec 07 17:22:37 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 11:05
Keep in mind that the United States is not a democracy, it' s a republic. Meaning that we don' t directly vote on the issues, we elect representatives who vote on our behalf. And they are influenced by the " people" (corporations are regarded as people under current U.S. law) with the most money... not representing the majority of the population. Remember, the popular vote didn' t even elect Bush, it was the electoral college vote in ' 04, and the Supreme Court in ' 00. We need democracy... we are done with this republic isht.

Anyhow, back on topic, looks like you all are going to be importing No More Heroes.
Agent Ghost

RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 12:00
One of the biggest problems imo with US politics is that there aren' t enough restrictions on funding for campaigns. Politicians shouldn' t collect any money at all from business or citizens.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 16:43
If i was going to buy the game, i wont do it now.

Its kinda funny, we hardly have anyone complaining about games in most of europe, Germany is fucked up though, and partially britain, but here we can have tits ass and curse words and not get a mark for it.

In anycase i hope the company goes out of buisness!
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 11, 2007 22:51
I wish more developers were willing to take risks. Just like, erm, the South Park creators.

Gore sells, anyway.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 12, 2007 04:16

Suda 51?
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 12, 2007 04:42

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Suda 51?

Not Suda Rising Star Games
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 12, 2007 06:04

I just read they' re censoring the Canadian version too! I can' t believe this. ***ING CONSERVATIVES! No More Heroes indeed. It' s amusing that we' re so conserned about terrorists taking away our freedoms but it' s actually our own politicians that are stipping them away. I don' t even care about this game and I' m pissed about it.

At least we can just order the american version easily enough.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 12, 2007 09:46
Sometimes I wish game laws were like Japan' s. You can have tons of violence and a relative high amount of nudity and all they' ll get is a Z rating. Kind of funny that is sellable on consoles, since I guess it would be the equivalent to A+ for us, and no consoles wants to sell those games.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 12, 2007 22:07
Strange enough, the Japanese version is also censored this time. I think that they kept the disfigurement though.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: No More Heroes - Dec 13, 2007 03:41
What the heck did they do to have it censored in Japan? Create a frigging Saw simulator
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: No More Heroes - Dec 13, 2007 04:59
There was no rape simulation minigame. Instantly on the rating board' s sh17 list.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll