Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 29, 2006 08:09
The demo is from a VERY VERY VERY early version of the game. Full game has a will have a much better combat system. It was announced before TGS that the demo would have the very basic form of combat
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 29, 2006 09:39
Lost Odyssey?, Lost interest.
Bishonen

RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 29, 2006 09:39

The demo is from a VERY VERY VERY early version of the game. Full game has a will have a much better combat system. It was announced before TGS that the demo would have the very basic form of comba

...really?...

...what' s the point in releasing a demo if it' s not more or less indicative of the intended finished product??....

......unless that improved combat system i keep hearing about is merely superficial, tacked on nonsense....

....y' know, like those Limit breaks in FFX where you had to mess around with specific timed button presses and such...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 29 Dec 06 1:41:16 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 29, 2006 11:10
The Lost Odyssey demo was released in September but it was an earlier build even then.

It looks good but yeah it looks fairly dull, but i think it' s more about not giving too much away too early. I expect Square Enix will be watching and seeing what Mistwalker are up to so it' ll be interesting to see what happens with FF13 and Lost Odyssey, and then whatever Namco put out and Cry On.
Dead Saint

RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 29, 2006 18:07

...really?...

...what' s the point in releasing a demo if it' s not more or less indicative of the intended finished product??....

been asking myself that for months, but yeah that combat is nothing like the final games will have
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 29, 2006 19:27
Hasn' t he been saying that he wants to add a more free-based battle system to it?

Something akin to free roaming action elements? With Lost Odyssey, I suppose
that it is a wait and see kind of thing. This is the guy that started an RPG
revolution after all, and with the financial backing of Micro$oft, i doubt that Lost
Odyssey will be anything short of a spectacular story-telling epic.
Bishonen

RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 29, 2006 23:31
...i really hope that' s true, because it really would be a waste to let such a well designed title fall prey to the kiss of death that is boring gameplay.....

.....mind you, Final Fantasy VII started in an equally uninspiring fashion...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 01:02
The character design and the music kinda sucks IMO.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 11:32
Actually, the art style (especially that character potrait) is more like the Chinese comic style, so it' s less stylized than pure Japanese and overall, more proportionate (although the style tends to make overly muscly men, not in LO)

Eg: http://www.thedollarpixel.com/ebay/kof99/kof13.jpg -> KOF ' 99 licensed comic for China/Asian audience. DMC also had one (I bought it for a buck, these things are cheap).

Anyway, the zombie soldiers were cool, frog and butterflies coming not once, no twice, but THREE times was REALLY boring...

Still need to watch the last vid, but otherwise, they could' ve make a more interesting demo =/ I get that they don' t want to spoil the story and what not, but they should have really considered showing a scene in the latter half of the game, like Blue Dragon or the FFXIII trailer videos...
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 11:37
Chinese art is ass.

Not that I expect more from guys being forced to draw in sweatshops, fucking communists.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 11:40
No, it' s just that they don' t see why things need to be overly stylized (which they then compensate with too much muscle tone). It' s a different market they cater to with those comics...

Which is ironically, a capitalist thing.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 13:14
Besides the ancient traditional stuff anything they do is crap.

All the little korean/chinese RPGs for example, not only are they all shit, but the art is laughable.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 22:04
I' ve seen chinese characters in chinese and korean comics that are great.
But the guy in Lost Odyssey looks boring as hell. Usually a character has some details that make him look interesting, and I' m not talking about the artists style here. I mean details on the character, clothing, accessories, hair etc.
The guy in Lost Odyssey didn' t look interesting at all. An interesting character is crucial in an RPG.
Bishonen

RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 22:05

The character design and the music kinda sucks IMO.

.....i think its pretty decent actually.... ....not as sophisticated as the art direction seen in XIII or Vs XIII, but still competent....

...although i would really like to see the other characters who join your party, and i agree that showing later stages is needed to get a true overview of Lost Odyssey as a whole rpg experience...

....when is LO due for release in Japan?...
Dead Saint

RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 30, 2006 23:07
i like just about every thing, just waiting to see how the final combat system works.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 31, 2006 05:08
As some of the 1up staff said,its getting a lot of heat cause the game is on the " wrong" plattform...
FF13 no gameplay just CGI,and use text menu combat system,still no complain.

LO shows a alpha beta version in-game and instead of attackingf stiff animation which we all get,they still comes around and don' t forgt the classic FF system which Sakaguchi once again use,now its just lame and boring,by who? which so called rpg fans have a reason to hate it???,Sakaguchi is a legend,BOW you fools.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 30 Dec 06 21:11:47 >
Dead Saint

RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 31, 2006 19:59
well of course if the same demo had come on the ps3 it would be amazing and all that
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 31, 2006 23:13

ORIGINAL: Dead Saint

well of course if the same demo had come on the ps3 it would be amazing and all that

It' s true, and quez would definately not attack it.. :)

The original trailer i saw for the game looked nice visually, but boring, admittedly rpgs are rarely as much fun to watch as play, and there is still dev time to go.

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Japanese Lost Odyssey Demo Footage - Dec 31, 2006 23:23
1.his first game was BD,not LO,that he even showed a demo wasn' t meant to be.

MS asked him allthough they where unsure if thye wanted to show it at that early state or not but decied to do so still(which i thank them for).

2.I would never attack the Legend Sakaguchi,you guys who do are the retards.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message