Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 360 7 months on...
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 08:51
Of the 15 games available at launch...

Amped 3
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
GUN
Kameo: Elements of Power
Peter Jackson' s King Kong
Madden NFL 06
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Project Gotham Racing 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Quake 4
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06
Tony Hawk' s American Wasteland

...only Call of Duty 2, Kameo and Project Gotham Racing 3 were really worth buying.

The rest (with the exceptions of Condemned and Quake 4) of the games were either hi-res ports of current gen console games and pretty much sucked ass. Even Microsoft' s flagship launch title
Perfect Dark Zero had been severely rushed and turned out rubbish (the worst parts being the incredibly bad story, pathetic animations, overly shiny plastic looking textures and super slow pace).

March came and Burnout Revenge 360, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Fight Night Round 3 and Oblivion were released. Other games had been released since launch but the only important one was Dead or Alive 4. The games released in March, most notably Advanced Warfighter and Oblivion showed what the console was capable of and coupled with the next batch of units hitting stores further increased 360' s userbase.

So skip to now, seven months after launch and the current list of available title looks like this...

Dead or Alive 4
Full Auto
EA Sports Fight Night Round 3
Burnout Revenge
Tom Clancy' s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Rumble Roses XX
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Top Spin 2
Tomb Raider: Legend
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Major League Baseball 2K6
2006 FIFA World Cup
Final Fantasy XI
Moto GP 2006
Hitman: Blood Money
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
X-Men: The Official Game
Amped 3
College Hoops 2K6
Call of Duty 2
Gun
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Outfit
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
QUAKE 4
Ridge Racer 6
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Outfit
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

...and too be honest, only 16 of those (in my opinion) are actually good games worth the money i paid for them. The rest are a mix of average and rubbish titles filled with wasted potential.

E3 has passed now and 360' s future looks great. The next 2 months or so should see games like; Over G Fighters, Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II, Prey, Chromehounds, Dead Rising, N3: Ninety-Nine Nights and Enchanted Arm released and the BIG games should follow in September and October in the weeks before PS3' s launch.

So as far as fully grown console titles goes it' s actually been pretty good when you factor in the online too. Live Arcade though and Xbox Live Marketplace have been disappointing do far. Everybody is waiting for the much delayed Street Fighter 2 and the only really good game is Geometry Wars. Sure there are others, but i wanted Microsoft to secure some seriously good titles, and i would have expected them to have made RARE' s past games available already. That' d make sense surely!

Xbox Live Marketplace was supposed to be updated in March with a ton of new features. The update was delayed until a fortnight ago for reasons unknown. That said, we now have our section labelled " Television" where TV shows will be made available for download. Sony has secured 24 (i think) so who knows what Microsoft have up their sleeves. Whatever they are, and whatever else is planned, i' d expect everything up and working by the time PS3 hits.

Marketplace just doesn' t have enough stuff for download. E3 was AWESOME because every 360 trailer, beta demos of upcoming games and several behind the scenes videos were made available quickly, but we simply need more film trailers, music videos and hopefully user created content made available. The game downloads are great and there' s tons of additional content up for download, but it does suck to have to pay for some things. I don' t mind paying for stuff like new maps or real additional content releases like the forthcoming GRAW pack, but the themes and stuff should all be free.

Whether the launch could be deemed a success or not obviously depends on who you ask. I' ve been super impressed with standout titles like GRAW, R*' s Table Tennis (AWESOME!), Kameo, CoD2 and Battlefield 2, but i' ve also been pissed off by games like Perfect Dark Zero and Moto GP 06, games i HAD been really looking forward to.

As far as i' m concerned 360 kicks fu*king ass and HD console gaming is a massive improvement over the previous generation' s SD or progressive scan formatted games.

Right now, 360 has more potential than either of it' s rivals. Will Microsoft pull through though?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 09:08
I agree,i think they will win the next gen war if not ps3 lower the price or pay for some true AAA titles very fast.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 15:54
To sum it all up, some of the title in the list will also be a launch title for the PS3(not the 360 exclusive and 360 only) and some title already have a sequel.

Full Auto /Full Auto 2 PS3
EA Sports Fight Night Round 3
Burnout Revenge
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Rumble Roses XX
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Tomb Raider: Legend
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Major League Baseball 2K6
2006 FIFA World Cup
Final Fantasy XI
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
X-Men: The Official Game
College Hoops 2K6
Call of Duty 2
Gun
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Outfit
QUAKE 4
Ridge Racer 6/ Ridge Racer 7 PS3
The Outfit
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Some of these title will be out for the PS3, and adding some of the E306 PS3 launch line-up Sony looks like they will be well prepared, these info are not from any media listning, but from my opinion base upon 3rd party relation and yes these title will always be mutiplatform, but only if bought buy exclusive rights like ' ' RARE' ' .

EDIT: The only game I bought was ' ' DOA4' ' because I' m a big fan of the DOA franchise, there are other games, but they are not my taste, I' ll just wait till some Japanese rpg are instresting game is out then I' ll go for it.
< Message edited by kaoru -- 23 Jun 06 7:58:59 >
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 20:54
Full Auto 2
Fight Night Round 3
Ridge Racer 7

Sure ^^^ those will likely be released on Sony' s platform. Since they' re multi-platform titles the sequels (with maybe the exception of Full Auto 2 and Ridge Racer 7) will also appear on 360.

The good thing is that when PS3 gets GRAW, 360 owners will have had multiple exclusive content downloads and will be looking forward to Ghost Recon 4 in March/April next year.

This thread is specifically about Xbox 360 you fu*king retard. If you have nothing to contribute to the discussion then don' t bother posting at all.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 21:18

This thread is specifically about Xbox 360 you fu*king retard. If you have nothing to contribute to the discussion then don' t bother posting at all.

Anger Mangement needed Majik? go easy.

the 360 has been getting good games as of late. But since oblivion, graw, fight night etc. what else do we have to look forward to this year? i think Gears of War is coming out at christmas, [It would want to, to at least have something up against the ps3 launch]
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 21:26
The damn thread is called " Xbox 360 7 months on..." and i was relatively critical in my opening post. PS3 has no place in here. I don' t see the point in his post.

Sh*t i could go into one of the PS3 threads and talk about carrots. It' d have zero to do with the threads topic but hey, i' d get my snide carrot comments in!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 21:51

I don' t think there is any side of the bed that you can get out of that gets you that
pissed.lol.

i think Gears of War is coming out at christmas, [It would want to, to at least have something up against the ps3 launch]

Are you kidding?

All they need is Street Fighter Hyper Fighting, then they are set..

Gears can come out early 2007.
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 21:57
Test Drive Unlimited
Splinter Cell Double Agent
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Just Cause
Tom Clancy' s Rainbow Six Vegas
Call of Duty 3
Viva Pinata
Too Human
Brothers in Arms: Hell' s Highway
Killing Day

^^^ should all be released around PS3' s launch and Gears of War should be released in November too. Gears is needed to go head to head with PS3.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 23 Jun 06 14:09:20 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 21:59
I know its needed, I was just kidding.

It will be welcome as well.. I suppose I should see you guys online in
Gears on emergence day then?
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 22:48

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

My...my aren' t we a little jumpy. I' ve notice that the topic was about the 360 and all but I just want to add some of my thoughts regarding some of those 360 titles. Don' t worry I' m not affended by you' re reply, I am not the type of person to bash one another, but if thats how you reply torward other' s then thats you. I did brought up the PS3 when the topic is all about the 360, so it was my mistake as well, the only thing I can contribute is that DOA4 is my #1 game for the 360, and I' m please with what Team Ninja accomplish for M$.

Sure ^^^ those will likely be released on Sony' s platform. Since they' re multi-platform titles the sequels (with maybe the exception of Full Auto 2 and Ridge Racer 7) will also appear on 360.

The good thing is that when PS3 gets GRAW, 360 owners will have had multiple exclusive content downloads and will be looking forward to Ghost Recon 4 in March/April next year.

BTW you did included some of you' re thoughts and opinion base on the PS3.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 22:50

Test Drive Unlimited

meh

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Sam has gone bad, too bad I never liked him.

More of the Same?

Just Cause

Gta in the Jungle?

Looks nice, but lockadown was bad.

Call of Duty 3

Is this coming out for christmas? I thought it was only just annoced

Viva Pinata

A Orginal rare game, again, christmas?

Too Human

Looks nice, with that unreal engine 3 and all, but has it taken its inspirations fro another game on another platform wheres you are also a god playing hack and slash?

I Know for sure this is slated for Q1 or Q2 2007.

Killing Day

I dont know much about this one.

Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 22:50

the only thing I can contribute is that DOA4 is my #1 game for the 360, and I' m please with what Team Ninja accomplish for M$.

But have you played a variety of 360 titles. The demo' s on XBLM for example. Surely something else must have impressed you...?!
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 23:02

I Know for sure this is slated for Q1 or Q2 2007.

IGN and Team Xbox have it listed as Q4 2006.

Viva Pinata

A Orginal rare game, again, christmas?

That' s what RARE say.

Looks nice, but lockadown was bad.

Very true. Thankfully it' s being developed by the team who did the 360 version of Advanced Warfighter and that kicks ass!

I have HUGE hopes for Vegas. The 3rd person camera addition should work very well in conjunction with the 1st.

Just Cause

Gta in the Jungle?

Is it just me and MassX that are looking forward to this?

More of the Same?

Won' t God of War 2 be " More of the Same" ???

Test Drive Unlimited

meh

Online racing doesn' t appeal to you?

Call of Duty 3

Is this coming out for christmas? I thought it was only just annoced

According to both GameSpot and IGN. Release dates are ofcourse always subject to change but it' s possible.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 23:08
Compared to the original Xbox I' m actually loving the Xbox 360 experience. So far I' ve played my 360 MORE than I ever touched the original Xbox during its entire lifespan...

If only more Japanese developed games within the genres I like would flood the thing soon I' d be a happy wittle boy, I' m not crazy about most of the 360 games I currently see on store shelves.

But I' m excited about its future, and I' m digging certain aspects of Xbox Live. Especially the downloadable demos and the ability to cyber stalk Majik
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 23 Jun 06 15:09:28 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 23, 2006 23:19
How can you mention lockdown?
That game and black arrow was bad chapters of a good game,the first rainbowsix to xbox.

But this rainbowsix vegas,will only come to xbox360/ps3/Pc sure it might get bad chapters/sequals,but this is the game they most put power into if they want to milk out their chapters after as they did with lockdown and black arrow.
And they know it.

What we saw from e3 from this rainbowsix vegas game was very good gameplay and graphics.

Looks nice, with that unreal engine 3 and all, but has it taken its inspirations fro another game on another platform wheres you are also a god playing hack and slash?

And i could say god of war came from ninja gaiden...
Also,you dont play a god,you play a human who upgraded him so much with technology that he is almost a god.
Much like Masterchief in Halo.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 23 Jun 06 15:20:15 >
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 24, 2006 00:04

But I' m excited about its future, and I' m digging certain aspects of Xbox Live. Especially the downloadable demos and the ability to cyber stalk Majik

Were you the one who was watching our Table Tennis match?
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 23 Jun 06 16:04:56 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 24, 2006 00:10
Its already been stated that it was Bill Gates.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 24, 2006 00:11

Were you the one who was watching our Table Tennis match?

You never know, mwahahahaha*cough*

Ok, No I was not the one watching! I don' t even have that game yet
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 23 Jun 06 16:12:23 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 24, 2006 00:15
We' re not jokin that creep was scary...
He was probably after Majiks jew gold that he keep around his neck.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Xbox 360 7 months on... - Jun 24, 2006 01:04
TDU: Come on how can you not think the concept is interesting? I had fun in the Demo just hauling ass all over the island. Creating teams for some competitive online racing sounds great.

Lego Star Wars 2: After reading about it in the recent OXM, it sounds like theyve added a whole lot more to the game.

Just Cause: This game looks like a blast. Simply because its free roaming shouldnt mean its tyring to be GTA. Hell Oblivion was a large open area in which you could do anything in...I dunno it just looks so over the top and fun I wanna at least give it a try.

Especially parachuting out of a plane coming in near a car and attaching to it whipping out 2 SMGs and blasting the hell out of everything. Then pulling into the car removing the scared driver and speeding off towards a cliff edge and bailing out mid flight doing a free fall into the water below. Where in a plane or boat may be waiting thus allowing for the adrenilyn fueled rampage to continue elsewhere.

Reminds me of Mercenaries sort of.

R6 Vegas: Different developer, definatly at the moment sounds vastly improved. Who doesnt wanna repel down a skyscraper and charging thru a 50th floor window?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message