Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 03:29

This is dedicated to all non-believers....

...go get ure reading glasses out....
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 05:00
I thought this game came out in like november, how do they have a reviewable copy already?

I guess I' ll have to bust out the old SDTV one more time to play this.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 05:35
I' ll give it a try one way or another once it releases... hope the game is better than the demo...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 06:05
Thanks Bish - great post.
Bishonen

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 06:44

I thought this game came out in like november, how do they have a reviewable copy already?

....it' s released October 31st, but all big game magazines get special pre-release copies of titles to review....

One of the best written reviews of a game that i have ever read... ...in fact it might be THE best game review ever written... .....i doubt even Edge could write a review that long without making it boring...

...actually, i' m a little miffed that they didn' t give it the full 10/10 like Famitsu did....

...no matter... ...proves that cutting-edge technology is absolutely no substitute for true creativity or art... ...well in my book anyway....

...highly likely to be the most often declared best game of 2006 (Okami might come close, but perhaps will prove to be a little too unusual?....it also failed to receive full marks in Famitsu and is selling quite poorly in japan)

Importers take note that this version has Widescreen, Pro Logic II audio and features more voice acting than the original Japanese release...
]GaNgStA[

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 07:00
Widescreen!!! :)

....it also failed to receive full marks in Famitsu and is selling quite poorly in japan)

Okami received 39/40 so it' s not that bad :)

It' s strange that it isn' t selling well... Anyway Shenmue sold like shit while presenting the next generation of story telling and experiencing games.

I' m definitely (EVEN) more excited about FF12 now.Thankfully by the time I' m done with it , all next gen systems will be out and with good games.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 26 Aug 06 23:02:33 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 07:47
FF12 really looks good.
Might be the one ff game that really delivers after ff7.
Evil Man

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 08:21
Every FF game after FF7 has delivered. Except for X-2.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 27 Aug 06 0:22:01 >
QuezcatoL

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 08:23
FFX aka- walk on a road with lame/plot story that also has no worldmap or an airship you can control?
Evil Man

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 09:03
FFX had an excellent story. World Maps are stupid, why do I want to control a ship, if I want to control aircraft I' ll play Ace Combat, not a fucking RPG.
QuezcatoL

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 09:08
FF without airships?
Wtf are you retarded?
Evil Man

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 09:11
There was an airship in FFX dumbass.
QuezcatoL

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 09:19
OH THERE WAS ONE,OH OKAY.

THAT REALLY MADE UP FOR A SERIE WHO HEAVLY HAD BEEN REALYING ON AIRSHIPS/MAGIC/CHOCOBOS.'

YOU CANT FUCKING CONTROL THE AIRSHIP,JUST TELL IT WHERE TO GO OWN A WORLDMAP THEN YOU GET TELEPORTED ON THE MAP.
HOW RETARDED IS THAT.
NO EXPLORATION WHATSOEVER.

FUCK KITASE.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 09:39
hmmm psm? i tend to not listen to mags dedicated to cetain consoles, writeing reviews about certain games that happen to be one of the major titles of the year.

Read most of it though, sounds good.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 18:10
Yeah I just got my issue a week ago, that massive review took me almost 25mins to over-take, I' m a pretty fast reader but reading and useing the bathroom at the same time makes you forget what number' s to use one or two, anyway I pre-orderd the Limited-Edition $60 version from Gamestop, and they told me that the game had been push all the way to Oct 31, or November, man for us unlucky fan' s, the Japanese fan' s have already beaten the game, I have the import FFXll, but it' s for my collection only and not for playing.
]GaNgStA[

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 18:56

FFX had an excellent story. World Maps are stupid, why do I want to control a ship, if I want to control aircraft I' ll play Ace Combat, not a fucking RPG.

FFX is the worst FF game ever.

The lack of airship control means lack of exploration and that means the lack of optional hard to find quests that are extremely satisfying when found.

Without the free world exploration RPGs feel much more linear.

FF9 had a mediocre story , but was a great FF game in overall.
FF8 totally delivered - it was a bit different than FF7, but just as good.

Yeah I just got my issue a week ago, that massive review took me almost 25mins to over-take, I' m a pretty fast reader but reading and useing the bathroom at the same time makes you forget what number' s to use one or two, anyway I pre-orderd the Limited-Edition $60 version from Gamestop, and they told me that the game had been push all the way to Oct 31, or November, man for us unlucky fan' s, the Japanese fan' s have already beaten the game, I have the import FFXll, but it' s for my collection only and not for playing.

You mean you import japanese games just to ...keep them for no reason? and then you buy the US version to play them?
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Aug 06 10:58:51 >
QuezcatoL

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 19:01
I really want FF12,i probably gonna buy it for my ps3 in 2008.
Bishonen

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 27, 2006 22:34

FF12 really looks good.
Might be the one ff game that really delivers after ff7.

Every FF game after FF7 has delivered. Except for X-2.

...i agree with Quez, in saying that FFXII might actually turn out to be as good as, or better than FFVII..

....i don' t think that any final fantasy since FFVIII has been anywhere near as good as it should be.... ....FFIX was a backward step, appearing so babyish that i never bothered giving it a second glance...

But FFX is my all-time most hated FF.. i couldn' t stand the characters and the story was utter puke[:' (]..
...the character designs were TERRIBLE (apart from Auron).. ...the voice actor for the already ultra-crap tidus was a total d*ck, and sphere grid was a bunch of time wasting trash too.....
QuezcatoL

RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 28, 2006 02:55
Please dont remind me of FFX as a old school FF fan from the FF4 days it disgust me so fucking much.

I wanna pretend FFX was never made.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: 14 Page US FFXII Review by PSM - Aug 28, 2006 03:17
Well i' m gonna be all different and say i actually liked FFX. I liked the linear story telling method, Maps for me get tedious sometimes... I was at one point playing through ffVI (i think) and after leaving the game unplayed for some times (whilst on the wprld map) i forgot what i was supposed to be doing... I spent a good hour travelling over the map trying, unsuccessfully, to find where i was supposed to be going next... Otherwise i would probably went through the whole game...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message