Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 08, 2007 09:45

" All PS3 games are programmed for the Sixaxis which doesn' t have force feedback, therefore the force feedback in the wheels won' t be recognized."

LINK

A no brainer but at least we have clarification from Sony.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 08, 2007 10:30
I was reading into this earlier, and that SCEA guy' s statement may not be entirely correct. He says ' All PS3 games' . Apparently Sony don' t have the rights to use FF cos of the whole immersion affair, but third parties who make games and controllers might still be allowed to.

Sony Entertainment may not be able to make FF games or steering wheels, PD may or may not have the rights for GT, but 3rd party devs hopefully wont be restricted. Logitech still have the rights obviously.

Also, people are saying that the Jap version of the GTHD demo does actually have FF, just not the US version. And if you play the PS2 version of NFS:Carbon on PS3, the FF works too. I don' t know this for sure though.

Maybe the SCEA guy just meant, " All PS3 games that are programmed specifically for Sixaxis won' t have force feedback for any controller." Obviously I' m only hoping this is the case, but time will tell I guess!

Full thread link
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 08, 2007 12:40
Yah, I hope what Choupolo say' s is true, because I have both of the ps2 steering wheels. The Logitech GT force, and GT force Pro, and neither work on GT HD for ps3. Well....the steering works, but no FF, and thats what makes the wheels so great.
Nitro

RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 08, 2007 16:31
No. Force feedback can' t be supported in the games. It' s not just Sony' s hardware, it' s a software thing too. 3rd parties that have licensed the technology can do what they like but developers working on PS3 games can' t support force feedback and so the 3rd party pad/whatever would still do nothing.

fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 08, 2007 17:16
But what chocopulo said about the japanese version of GTHD demo its true, it does have force feedback. so what the heck its going on???.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 8 Jan 07 9:22:41 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 09, 2007 02:46
I won' t jump to conclusions on this one, but what' s being said is that because Sony can' t have rumble, they' re playing sour apples with 3rd parties? & disabling FF software? It' s not like it' s seriously labor intensive. Are they allowed to create a PS3/Sixaxis " compatible" with FF, but not used by them? Yeah, it' s a stretch, but anything to get rumble back I guess.
Nitro

RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 09, 2007 03:05
When Immersion won their case the judge ruled that there were 47 games for PS2 that infringed the patents and they would have had to be changed or taken off shelves if Sony hadn' t appealed.

Sony won' t go near rumble or force-feeback for any of their controllers, and PS3 isn' t allowed to have games with the code on the discs. Developers can' t just stick some commands in their games on the offchance that people will use a 3rd party wheel or pad. I' m pretty sure they' re simply not allowed.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 09, 2007 03:15

and PS3 isn' t allowed to have games with the code on the discs.
Thanks, that' s what I was afraid of. They couldn' t have just F****** settled could they?[:' (]
choupolo

RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 09, 2007 06:15
Well, ack, Sony should go and hide now. GT would be pretty shit without FF. Some people would argue that GT is shit, but I quite liked it. And FF was a big part of it on the DFP! [:' (]
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 10, 2007 11:48
Can sony do anything right?
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 10, 2007 16:18
This is what you get when you completely ripp off others without going through/researching the right legal terms.

I hear that that pretty F1 game will support the full Clutch/H-shifter G25 wheel but not FFB.

As i said in another Forum, i really cannot see GT5 without some kind of FFB.. 1 step forward, two steps back.
Nitro

RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 10, 2007 16:56

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

This is what you get when you completely ripp off others without going through/researching the right legal terms.

I hear that that pretty F1 game will support the full Clutch/H-shifter G25 wheel but not FFB.

As i said in another Forum, i really cannot see GT5 without some kind of FFB.. 1 step forward, two steps back.

They' d have to license somebody else' s technology, come to some kind of deal with Immersion or come up with their own technology, but i think you' re right - GT5 without force feedback is unlikely.
choupolo

RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 11, 2007 02:18
GT on 360? Hehe, just kidding.

And it would be rubbish if the clutch worked for F1 since aren' t F1 clutches controlled via a steering wheel paddle for like the first two gears before being released to semi-auto control? Obviously they dont have gear levers either!

I keep forgetting Sony dont make F1 games for F1 fans. [:' (]
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 11, 2007 06:22

GT on 360? Hehe, just kidding.

I would disown MS
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: No Force Feedback For PS3 Steering Wheels - Jan 11, 2007 20:52
PS3 0WNZZZZZ!!!!!11!!!!

Never argue, or I' ll be forced to stab your belly button.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll