Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your genre hopes for next gen
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Your genre hopes for next gen - May 25, 2005 23:05
I hope there' s more adventure games. This gen really felt dominated by FPS' s, GTA (and GTA clones), and racers. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, but variety seemed to be lacking this gen. Having better graphics is not an excuse to storm Normandy again.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 25, 2005 23:09
1 - A LOT more 2D styled shooters..

2 - More platformers.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 01:55
1. More strategy games, real-time or turn-based. With the exception of Kingdom Under Fire, Dynasty Tactics and perhaps Pikmin 2 we haven' t seen any really good console strategy games this generation. We got hex-based strategy RPGs to last us a lifetime but almost no truly well-designed strategy games. Heroes of Might&Magic V on a next-gen console would be nice.

2. More one-on-one fighting games. I know there' s hardly any room left for a new 3d BEU to really shine, but I' d welcome a game that did things differently and deeply enough to set it apart from the current big BEU franchises. 2D BEUs are doing fine, strangely enough.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 03:22
OMG OMG we definitely need more games where you hold a gun and view it from a first person perspective!!!!!!!!!!! We simply don' t have enough games like that. Not even near enough! They only barely saturate our market now. We need 90% saturation. Also, they need to be worse than they are now. They just don' t suck enough now! They need to suck harder, but I' m not sure they can do it.

OMG OMG we NEED TO SEE MARIO IN MORE GAMES! It is my opinion that Nintendo simply does not pimp out Mario enough. Right now he is in every game on the Gamecube, or at least so it seems. And that even includes games that aren' t made by Nintendo. Mario needs to be in every game, perhaps even every character! OMG MARIO OWNZ!

On a serious note, Mario is why I hate Nintendo and wish they would die. Although the upcoming DS adventure looks fun, I am sick and tired of seeing Mario. I would definitely pay for a game where you hunt down Mario and murder him slowly, listening to his cries of pain and suffering. And then he dies, never ever to return. Suddenly gaming would be a better place.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 05:11

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer
On a serious note, Mario is why I hate Nintendo and wish they would die. Although the upcoming DS adventure looks fun, I am sick and tired of seeing Mario. I would definitely pay for a game where you hunt down Mario and murder him slowly, listening to his cries of pain and suffering. And then he dies, never ever to return. Suddenly gaming would be a better place.

Best use of the expression " On a serious note" . Ever.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 06:56

A LOT more 2D styled shooters..

I would die to have another Einheinder game or something of the same calibre come out. And While I agree with Joe that Mario is in WAAAAAAAAAY to many games, Mario 128 is still by far my most anticipated game. I wish they' d only use him in the main platforming games, and I guess Mario Kart as well. As for the tennis, soccer, baseball, golf, tai chi, and solitaire series, I really think someone should build a time machine and erase those games from history.

So overall I guess I' m with Terry, more shooters and platformers (why no tomba! this gen? I really liked those games).

And SquareEnix better get their collective ass in gear and pump out a true sequel to FF tactics already.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 10:00
Well i hope the revoloution will bring a new grene of games in with its new controls, possibley the " How long you can hold the pad till it burns your hand' em up?"

I' d love it if Nintendo revoloution controller was Marios big head, and you press his eyes [you know a + b ] every time and he makes one of those trademark noises. You can also expect sony and microsoft to follow suit after a month. People will complain that the microsoft one of halo' s chief is too large, and sony' s... well do they really have a mascot? its was crash bandacuit but then he kind of faded away.. What the hell! i am gone way off topic!

anyway, i would like to see much more rts.
mxpx182

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 11:02
I' ll second the more RTS from silentbomber. That' s the only area that I feel all consoles are truly behind the PC market. I' d love to be able to play BFME from my home console.
Joe Redifer

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 13:49

While I agree with Joe that Mario is in WAAAAAAAAAY to many games, Mario 128 is still by far my most anticipated game.

The problem is that Mario isn' t in GOOD games anymore. He' s in schlock like Mario Baseball and Dance Dance Revolution.
Terry Bogard

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 14:43
and Super Mario Sunshine

I do kinda fear that Nintendo may be over-exposing everyone' s favorite platforming Plumber.
mxpx182

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 15:06
I will hear no more badmouthing of super mario sunshine!!!!! We can lay waste to mario baseball and mario soccer all we want, but not that!!!! In all seriousness, that game got a bad rap simply because it wasn' t as good as mario 64. Look at reviews, it recieved high scores, but every statement said " not as good as 64" . And it wasn' t, but I still had fun playing it once I got over wishing for what it could have been.
Joe Redifer

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 15:51
I hated Super Mario Sunshine so much! I bought that game thinking it would be good. This was before Nintendo started working overtime making sure that Mario was in EVERY game for the system. Needless to say I sold Sunshine. The game made me physically ill (I' m not joking) it was so bad. Back when Super Mario 64 came out, I thought Mario meant " Good game" because he was in Super Mario World and Super Mario bros 2 and stuff like that. Now Mario just means " Schlock" .
Terry Bogard

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 19:53

In all seriousness, that game got a bad rap simply because it wasn' t as good as mario 64.

I didn' t like Mario 64 neither.. Both games combined weren' t as great as Super Mario World!!!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 19:58
Mario Sunshine was horrible. A complete disgrace to the good ol' plumber.

As far as what I' d like to see... hmm... I' d like to see some more huge online games. Huxkley is looking pretty good being a MMOFPS. I' d also like something like GTA online which is basically Saint' s Row. Umm... it would cool to see more platformers again. The new Sonic Next Gen demo looked great and I can' t wait to see how that turns out. Oh, and I want to play Motor Storm looking exacly like it did at the Sony poress conference. That is what I want a racing game to be like. That game looks f*cking incredible. Can' t wait to see the gameplay footage.
Terry Bogard

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 20:09
Super Mario Sunshine was an interactive Nintendo Public Service Announcement on pollution..

I would NOT be surprised if the next installment in the Super Mario series had Mario performing community service-type activities like picking up trash throughout the levels!
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 20:10

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Super Mario Sunshine was an interactive Nintendo Public Service Announcement on pollution..

I would NOT be surprised if the next installment in the Super Mario series had Mario performing community service-type activities like picking up trash throughout the levels!

LMFAO!!!
mxpx182

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 20:51
- turns up nose at all of you and readjusts super mario sunshine briefs purchased on ebay -
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 26, 2005 21:00

ORIGINAL: mxpx182

- turns up nose at all of you and readjusts super mario sunshine briefs purchased on ebay -

Uhh... wow. I can' t even think of a comment for that. Damn, I feel pwned.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 04:22
Oi shuddy with the Mario bashing, that cheeky plumber always brings a smile to my face, unlike that squeaky voiced hedgehog or the evil gun toting shadow.
All right he’s been pimped a bit too much but at least he hasn’t turned ultra shit.

Any way my hope for next gen is that most genres get better voice acting there really isn’t an excuse for it anymore, some of it just makes me cringe.
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 04:30
Sonic is the pimp shizzle. He pwnz0rz Mario any day. In my book I' ve decided Sonic Heroes and Mario Sunshine never happened.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message