Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 question
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
PS3 question - Aug 23, 2007 08:54
Most people wouldn' t dream of playing the PS3 on a Standard definition but I have
a family Hi definition TV but not one I always have access to.

I have got constant access to Standard def however, and it' s where I play most of
my games until I can be asked to buy my TV for myself.

The question I want to know is.... Is the PS3 standard def compatible?
As I have tried but the picture always comes out blank, anyone know how to address
this or is everyone primarily playing on Hi-Def that has a PS3.... Uumai? Silent?
Mikay?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 question - Aug 23, 2007 09:10
What cable are you using?

Are you getting any sound?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 23 Aug 07 1:12:31 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: PS3 question - Aug 23, 2007 09:52
Yeah there is way to change it back. IF you get a blank screen with the old ps2/ps3 avi cables just push the avi cable in the back of the playstation. To get a picture I get that all the time when I switch from high def to sd.

Another thing is boot the ps3 with the correct cables and it will select the sd or hd depending on the cables. Disconnect the hdmi cables when plunging in the Avi cables. Do not try and boot it with both cables. the ps3 will select the what ever you have as your primary output source when you have two cables hooked up.

But I think messing around with your avi cables should be fine let me know if that helps.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 23 Aug 07 1:52:50 >
Tiz

RE: PS3 question - Aug 23, 2007 10:34
I' m using an av cable, and I am getting nothing. No sound, no picture, just a
frequency distortion every time I turn the damn thing on.

So MikayD... If I plug into an old PS2 then the PS3 are you saying I' ll get a picture then?

Or just keep plugging the av cable in and out...
< Message edited by Tiz -- 23 Aug 07 2:43:57 >
Tiz

RE: PS3 question - Aug 23, 2007 12:30
It' s ok now, figured it out....
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 question - Aug 23, 2007 20:35
Of course the ps3 works on sdtv' s!

When did you get a ps3 Tiz?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 question - Aug 23, 2007 20:36
LOL
Tiz

RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 00:41

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Of course the ps3 works on sdtv' s!

When did you get a ps3 Tiz?

I swapped my friends 360 for his PS3, just to play Ninja Gaiden Sigma... Bloody
great game.

Defeated Doku towards the end of the second chapter.. and got... nothing....
absolutely nothing...

Except he didn' t pick up a jewel that was left there, so I might go and see what it is
when I get the chance to go back to the Hayabusa village, however, I unlocked
mission mode right away.

They' ve actually made normal so much easier on Sigma than it was on Black.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 00:52
I got a PS3 too this week and Sigma along with Motorstorm, Resistance and 2 movies. Nice piece of kit, but startup menus don' t look a patch on the 360 and I havn' t had a chance to take it online yet, but I will :)

Thanks to my wife for letting me spend wedding money on what i want - she can spend the rest now!!!
Tiz

RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 01:02
Iad congrats on the wedding man. How does it feel to be married? Where was the
honey moon? Are there kids on the way? Can I be a godparent?

The PS3 is a nice piece of kit, and for what you get with it, seems great value for
money.
Nitro

RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 01:03
Sigma and MotorStorm own but Resistance is fcuking awful...[:' (]

PS3 is an awesome piece of kit and the build quality is phenomenal, but other than Ninja Gaiden, MotorStorm, Virtua Fighter 5 and Dark resurrection there isn' t much worth buying yet.

God of war II is still the best game you can buy to play on your PS3 though...

The PS3 is a nice piece of kit, and for what you get with it, seems great value for money.

They still should have included a HDMI cable.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 23 Aug 07 17:04:54 >
Iad umboros

RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 06:51

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Iad congrats on the wedding man. How does it feel to be married? Where was the
honey moon? Are there kids on the way? Can I be a godparent?

The PS3 is a nice piece of kit, and for what you get with it, seems great value for
money.

Everything went well on the day, and the honeymoon in Cuba was just amazing. I' m still on the comedown from that, but PS3 has cheered me up a bit No kids coming any time soon, I like my discs unscratched and my consoles not to have any jam pieces stuffed in them, thanks very much.

Majik, I was so pissed when I got home Monday night and realised there was no HDMI. It just looked like a PS2!!!

Anyway, bought the HDMI and God of War 2 on Tuesday so it' s sorted. Think Sigma beats GOW2, Ryu would have Kratos any day of the week.

I watched Hellboy on BluRay tonight, I' m so glad I finally got a Hi-def format for movies. I won' t be buying much at that price for a disc, but the Spider-Man box set comes out for £40 when 3 is released, so I' ll pick that up. Also got Xmen 3 and The Crow. HMV let me change my movies around because I already have Bond and Black Hawk Down on DVD.

Anyway, I' ll be playing Bioshock on the old 360 all weekend
< Message edited by iad umboros -- 23 Aug 07 22:55:19 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 07:00
well make sure to post your psn once its up.
Iad umboros

RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 07:38
Yeah, I couldn' t find that thread!! It' s just Umboros.

Honeymoon pics in the " Everything Else" forum
Nitro

RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 08:28

ORIGINAL: Iad umboros

Majik, I was so pissed when I got home Monday night and realised there was no HDMI. It just looked like a PS2!!!

Anyway, bought the HDMI and God of War 2 on Tuesday so it' s sorted. Think Sigma beats GOW2, Ryu would have Kratos any day of the week.

The perplexing thing is that not only did they not include a HDMI cable in the box, but they' re also not selling them at an inflated price. They' re really inexpensive, especially when compared to the likes of the £29.99 VGA cable for 360 and so they' re neither saving much nor making much by selling the separately.

Everything else is in there and they chuck in a free Blu-Ray movie but you have to buy the cable needed to play in HD separately? It just seems odd.

As for God of War II, ...i think i enjoyed it more because the content was all new, whereas i' ve played the shit out of Black already. I also prefer the art direction and scope, but mostly i just HATED playing as Rachel. I can' t stand the way she looks, moves, or anything. Awful!

ORIGINAL: Iad umboros

Anyway, I' ll be playing Bioshock on the old 360 all weekend

I' m at the Leeds Festival watching the Pumkins, NIN and the awesome Jamie T tomorrow and i need to figure out whether i' m stayin all weekend because there are some good acts on Sat and Sun too but i also want to get into BioShock as i' m super busy next week...

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 question - Aug 24, 2007 13:24

Everything else is in there and they chuck in a free Blu-Ray movie but you have to buy the cable needed to play in HD separately? It just seems odd.

I don' t think it' s odd that they throw in free movies when they' re trying to pad the adoption rate for BluRay movies but it is pretty odd that they ignored the HDMI cable. They should have done what MS did and include a component/composite cable. What would be the cost difference for them to replace composite with component, 0.0001 cents per unit?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll