Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What we wont miss about Elveon
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 19, 2008 04:30
I know most people here probably weren' t looking forward to Elveon by 10tacle Studios in Slovakia, and since the studios closure the game has been cancelled. Heres what we probably wouldn' t have missed if the game had come out!

6:43min streamed gameplay movie

It looked nice using the U3 engine at least.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Apr 08 20:31:57 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 19, 2008 12:33
I dunno. A studio with the name " 10tacle" doesn' t inspire a lot of faith from me. I was never excited about the game to begin with.
choupolo

RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 20, 2008 00:39
I only know the name from when they published GTR. The first trailer for Elveon came out with all the other first look U3 demos after E3 2005 (was it?), so most of the excitement was purely down to the graphics at the time. Now we' ve seen it all before, and the combat looks worse than Too Human' s.

I just like to see what other less well known developers are up to from different parts of the world. Sometimes I think huge budgets spoil a game in certain ways. But it didn' t work out this time heh.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 20, 2008 01:14
Never heard of ' em.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 20, 2008 12:56

ORIGINAL: choupolo

I only know the name from when they published GTR. The first trailer for Elveon came out with all the other first look U3 demos after E3 2005 (was it?), so most of the excitement was purely down to the graphics at the time. Now we' ve seen it all before, and the combat looks worse than Too Human' s.

I just like to see what other less well known developers are up to from different parts of the world. Sometimes I think huge budgets spoil a game in certain ways. But it didn' t work out this time heh.

I agree with you there. Many small developers that we see coming from European countries actually have some fantasic ideas (Witcher, STALKER, etc). Trouble is their execution is usually done poorly.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 20, 2008 18:33
Haha, 10tacle is based in my home town and actually, they have been making quite a few decent games. However, it was all PC only ultra realistic racing games. And btw. Elveon is not cancelled, they just switched developers.
choupolo

RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 20, 2008 21:05
Really, you mean in Germany, or one of their other studios. They haven' t updated their website it seems, but I heard it was either 10tacle Budapest or Climax that was taking over the game in name only, the source news site saying,

" Elveon will never be released in this form. If there will be a game called Elveon sometime in the future, it would be completely new game with the same name made by different development studio, propably Climax or 10TACLE STUDIOS Budapest (Stormregion)."

Not sure how true this is though.

Watching the FIA GT Round 1 now actually! I forgot how good SimBin had made those games. They' ve now broken up to make SimBin and Blimey Games. Blimey are the better half, but they' ve only since released a BMW M3 demo essentially.

Hey Nitro, GTR 1+2 are both games you need to pick up for your PC, plus a Logitech G25 steering wheel if you' ve got a spare couple of hundred quid! Even if you' re not into racing games, its a landmark series in its own right.

That and Richard Burns Rally by Warthog, who also unfortunately disbanded after creating imo the best rally ' sim' ever.

Anyway, I digress.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 20, 2008 21:57
I won' t miss the stupid name*.

*Elveon
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 20 Apr 08 18:28:34 >
choupolo

RE: What we wont miss about Elveon - Apr 20, 2008 22:39
Its only the Slovakian studio thats closed. 10tacle still have about 6 others.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll