Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass!
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 01:14
I'll have the very few pictures and videos up soon enough, but overall the event was great. Reel Big Fish kicked ass along with Gym Class Heros, Angels and Airwaves, Horrorpops, Street Dogs, Reliant K, Katy Perry, The Academy Is..., Motion City Soundtrack, Cobra Starship,  etc etc and that was just the two main stages. Even the five other smaller stages were popping.
I wish my video camera had charged in time for the event cause all I got is some shitty cell phone vids. I got some nice pics but my cell phone died way early on in the show so not much there either. I really got into it jumping in on the mosh pits bouncing into the air yelling and have a damn good time. Hell I probably wouldve got on the vert ramp had I bought my board.
10 hours of rampant good times! Not bad considering it was a spur of the moment thing.

And the women... my god the women were fine as hell. . .not to mention the hot brunette grinding me in the Gym Class Heros crowd...which ending abruptly from a out of nowhere mosh pit (the bastards, luckily I got to take out my agression).

Gym Class Heros and Reel Big Fish took the show imo. Horropops deserved far more then they got, but they got stuck with the early crowd so yeah. If its going through your town I suggest getting in on it. Get some good footage to!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 01:54
Other than Gym Class Heroes and Katy Perry, I don't think I've ever heard any of others.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 02:03
You havent heard of Reel Big Fish?! For shame...
Angel and airwaves is one of the 2 bands created by member of Blink 182. I didn't know most of the other bands neither but I'm certainly interested in a lot of them now. It's a skateboarding brand sponsered event so it's pretty much punk rock.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 05:07
I like some of Reliant K's stuff. Most of it's a little too poppy though (which is saying something, because I rather enjoy pop music). Cobra Starship are the shit. I've been following them since they were an itty bitty indie band.

...which ending abruptly from a out of nowhere mosh pit (the bastards, luckily I got to take out my agression).

Fucking moshers and slamdancers at concerts, I swear.

I want to go slamdancing with a baseball bat one of these days at a concert I really hate, just to cut their ranks. I mean, seriously, it's not that hard. If you want to go punch and kick the shit out of people, go to a rowdy club or a bar, and get some real men to help re-arrange your face.

If I pay thirty to fourty dollars to go to a concert, I'm there to hear the music. Not to start some kiddy circle-pit or to pretend I'm tripping on ecstasy and jump around flailing my arms.

Upload some videos when you get a chance Johnny, I'd like to see some footage.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 05:26

Angel and airwaves is one of the 2 bands created by member of Blink 182.

I think I may have just lost interest in those two from this sentence, but I will give all of them a shot. I like to give all music a try.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 08:10

Johnny Jiron

Re:Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 08:19
So yeah they also had some semi pro wrestling there as well.
Check out my flickr account for more pictures but not many as my cell died before everything even had time to ramp up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnyjiron86/
 I did manage some good footage of reel big fish tho ... well as good you gonna get with a cell phone...I peiced them together here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnyjiron86/2734185715/
Audio is horrible and the scope of the crowd is hardly seeable ...plus I accidently put the wrong clip in the begining.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Van's Warped Tour 08 kicked ass! - Aug 05, 2008 15:39
Venues always seem to look smaller in the photos anyhow.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll