Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 01:31
Probably not . I guess they are just talking about a pc version but you never know . Even if there is a ps3 version atleast the 360 will surely get it first .

IGN
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 02:33
Oh well the death of another great gaming franchise looms, what' s the betting that EA in their infinate wisdom, turn it into some shitty FPS game without the RPG side of things.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 04:28
I thought MS had the rights to the first 3 ME games?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 05:04
I dare say EA have renegotiated the exclusivity deal.....bastards
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 05:06
It will defiently go to the PS3, there is no doubt about that, unless MS makes some obscure deal with EA.

EA doesnt release consoles exclusively to one platform.

As long as Bioware remains in complete creative control, i have no problem with it though.
mastachefbkw

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 08:40
EA is making it pointless to own both PS3 and 360 if they' re just going to buy every company and make it exclusive on both.
2pac

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 12:22
Its a conspiracy i tells you . EA will buy most of the good franchises and will announce its support for a single platform and they will have their one platform wish . Its pretty clear without third party games from EA a console is fucked .
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 15, 2008 23:10
EA is primarily there to make money so even if they lost money in renegotiating the deal with MS they would be hoping to recoup with PS3 sales.

Can' t see it much myself, they would get completely done over by MS lawyers for welching on a deal and I can' t see PS3 sales being that good for ME2 unless ownership and game/console ratio suddenly skyrocket.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 16, 2008 00:07

Can' t see it much myself, they would get completely done over by MS lawyers for welching on a deal and I can' t see PS3 sales being that good for ME2 unless ownership and game/console ratio suddenly skyrocket.

PS3 ownership should be pretty much on par with the 360 by the time Mass Effect 2 comes out, so this will be a non issue. I think that we all knew that as soon as EA bought Bioware that Mass Effect was going to see a release on PC, 360, and PS3. If it doesn' t hinder the game itself, then I don' t see a problem with Mass Effect going multiplatform.
2pac

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 16, 2008 01:15

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

PS3 ownership should be pretty much on par with the 360 by the time Mass Effect 2 comes out, so this will be a non issue. I think that we all knew that as soon as EA bought Bioware that Mass Effect was going to see a release on PC, 360, and PS3. If it doesn' t hinder the game itself, then I don' t see a problem with Mass Effect going multiplatform.

I dont see how you can so easily claim that the install base of ps3 and 360 will be same by the time ME2 comes out . Right now , the ps3 is outselling the 360 by a mere thousands . So claiming things like this makes you sound like one of those sony PRs .
canadagamer

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 16, 2008 04:32

I dont see how you can so easily claim that the install base of ps3 and 360 will be same by the time ME2 comes out . Right now , the ps3 is outselling the 360 by a mere thousands . So claiming things like this makes you sound like one of those sony PRs .

What, were looking at a 2009 release for Mass Effect 2 right?(If it is slated for earlier, please correct me) With games like Little Big Planet, MGS4, and to a lesser extent Killzone 2, the PS3 install base should be on par or damn close to it by the time Mass Effect 2 is release.

2008 is going to be a big year for the PS3, much the same as 2007 was for MS. There are a lot of great games coming to the PS3 this year, and combined with the end to the HD DVD format wars we will start to see PS3 sales above 360 sales month after month. Add to that, that more than 80% of the 360 sales are in North America, while it is being outsold by the PS3 in Europe and Japan.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 16, 2008 05:47

Add to that, that more than 80% of the 360 sales are in North America, while it is being outsold by the PS3 in Europe and Japan.

It will be exciting though to see what the 360 price drop does for its sales.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 16, 2008 09:38
Crazy crazy crazy. Was it one of the heads of EA who wanted a unified platform? Wouldn' t buying up every last damn thing pretty much force the way towards that direction somehow? Or I dunno I had this rambling in my head but now it seemed to have spilt out and makes no more sense...
2pac

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 16, 2008 11:38

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

What, were looking at a 2009 release for Mass Effect 2 right?(If it is slated for earlier, please correct me) With games like Little Big Planet, MGS4, and to a lesser extent Killzone 2, the PS3 install base should be on par or damn close to it by the time Mass Effect 2 is release.

2008 is going to be a big year for the PS3, much the same as 2007 was for MS. There are a lot of great games coming to the PS3 this year, and combined with the end to the HD DVD format wars we will start to see PS3 sales above 360 sales month after month. Add to that, that more than 80% of the 360 sales are in North America, while it is being outsold by the PS3 in Europe and Japan.

True . But you seem to forget the 360 also has some pretty good titles coming up . So while the ps3 sales will increase because of the awesome titles being released , so will the 360' s . The Ps3 might outsell the 360 for a couple of months by a big margin but that margin will decrease . And you seem to forget a little game called Gears of War 2 . LBP is a great game , but i dont think it is going to sell a lot of systems ..

canadagamer

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 17, 2008 02:42
If MS turns on the hype machine the same way they have in the past with Halo for Gears 2, then I agree with you that the game could move systems. I will stick with original statement however that the PS3 install base will definately be on par or very close to the 360' s by the time Mass Effect 2 is released.

It will be exciting though to see what the 360 price drop does for its sales.

If Europeans have been willing to drop money down on a PS3, what makes you think that it is the price of the 360 that has been holding more of Europe from buying one?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 17, 2008 02:55
No.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 17, 2008 04:48

If Europeans have been willing to drop money down on a PS3, what makes you think that it is the price of the 360 that has been holding more of Europe from buying one?

PS3 isnt reaching mass market. People still buy PS2. the arcade model is nearly the same price as that. Bundle it with something like Guitar Hero and you have mass market appeal.
mastachefbkw

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 17, 2008 08:08
IGN

March 14, 2008 - Mass Effect 2, the second in a planned trilogy of sci-fi role-playing games from developer BioWare, will be exclusive to the Xbox 360, but possibly for a short time only, a company spokesman told the British gaming site CVG today.

Electronic Arts bought BioWare in January, prompting speculation that the next two installments in the Mass Effect trilogy would be multiplatform in one form or another.

" I believe we' ll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood told CVG. " We' re still working out the details on that, but we' ve had a great relationship with Microsoft and done very well."

Microsoft recently released the first round of downloadable content for the first Mass Effect, but the company hasn' t said much about what form future installments will take on the Xbox 360.

" We have no announcements on future Mass Effect projects at this time," a microsoft spokesman told IGN. " Additional inquiries may be sent to Electronic Arts."

Atwood also said a PC version of Mass Effect 2 is also likely. " We haven' t solidified the plans yet but we' re headed in the direction where we want to be as close as possible [on PC]," he said.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 17, 2008 08:42
Microsoft have first refusal rights to publish the sequel (possibly both), just as it does with Bungies games. Since the deal was wrapped up before EA bought BioWare it should still stand. Amendments could have been made since, but in all likelihood they' ll probably just co-publish for the 360/Games for Windows platforms.

PS3 getting the sequel would mean A) Microsoft declined their right to publish the game, B) EA (on behalf of BioWare) broke the contract and will have to pay damages or C) the initial deal was time limited or contained an opt-out clause for BioWare.

Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 ? - Mar 17, 2008 15:59
Bioware clarifies

the second in a planned trilogy of sci-fi role-playing games from developer BioWare, will be exclusive to the Xbox 360, but possibly for a short time only, a company spokesman told the British gaming site CVG today.

Electronic Arts bought BioWare in January, prompting speculation that the next two installments in the Mass Effect trilogy would be multiplatform in one form or another.

" I believe we' ll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood told CVG. " We' re still working out the details on that, but we' ve had a great relationship ]with Microsoft and done very well."

Microsoft recently released the first round of downloadable content for the first Mass Effect, but the company hasn' t said much about what form future installments will take on the Xbox 360.

" We have no announcements on future Mass Effect projects at this time," a microsoft spokesman told IGN. " Additional inquiries may be sent to Electronic Arts."

Atwood also said a PC version of Mass Effect 2 is also likely. " We haven' t solidified the plans yet but we' re headed in the direction where we want to be as close as possible [on PC]," he said.

Link
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread