Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 27, 2008 20:30

...but it looks like a straight up port of the Gamecube version.

Makes financial sense for Capcom as they only have to adapt the controls, but it sucks for those of use who have played the game before.

Ofcourse, if it was updated to run in 16:9 and 480p then i would probably buy it, ...though i' d much prefer it of they remade the game using the RE4 engine and gameplay.

It' ll be interesting to see if a) it is a straight port, b) if it is whether they then re-release the REmake of the original, and c) whether they do anything with 2 and 3 on Wii.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 27, 2008 22:21
give me a break !! this is abused. they could have the decency enough to make the two or three or veronica.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 27, 2008 23:14
It' s kind of sad seeing the same games released for the Wii that were on the Gamecube.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 27, 2008 23:58
I really hope this means they' ve at least thought of redoing 2,3 and Veronica.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 00:14
I don' t see any real merit in these rereleases. Financially it makes sense, sure, but I can' t imagine paying for a game twice based on progressive scan and widescreen.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 02:25
Come on man... you know you essentially missed half the game by playing it interlaced. Don' t you want to know what the other half looks like?!
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 03:08

I don' t see any real merit in these rereleases. Financially it makes sense, sure, but I can' t imagine paying for a game twice based on progressive scan and widescreen.

I don' t care too much for Zero or the REmake, but if they remade 2, 3 and Veronica the way they redid the REmake, then it has incredible potential. The REmake was almost an entirely different game.
Nitro

RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 04:37

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Well you' re poor, and i' m not. Plus, the Gamecube version looks like ass on my HDTV and so a 16:9 aspect ratio and 480p would be very welcome... especially given my adoration for the series.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 06:50

Well you' re poor, and i' m not.

Yeah... yeah.... thanks for reminding me.

Plus, the Gamecube version looks like ass on my HDTV and so a 16:9 aspect ratio and 480p would be very welcome... especially given my adoration for the series.

Is it really that much better? I' ve seen the interlaced/progressive comparison shots for Twilight Princess, and it looks better, but unless you play it often on Cube anyhow (judging from your last post, it sounds like you might) I can' t see the draw. Not at $50 anyhow. Poor or not, that seems like a waste to me.

you know you essentially missed half the game by playing it interlaced. Don' t you want to know what the other half looks like?!

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 27 Feb 08 22:51:36 >
Nitro

RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 07:39

Yeah... yeah.... thanks for reminding me.

Is it really that much better? I' ve seen the interlaced/progressive comparison shots for Twilight Princess, and it looks better, but unless you play it often on Cube anyhow (judging from your last post, it sounds like you might) I can' t see the draw. Not at $50 anyhow. Poor or not, that seems like a waste to me.

Well it' s obviously not going to be released as a full price game. RE4 Wii Edition wasn' t either.

The comparison shots you' ve seen (on gamespot?) isn' t a true reflection of the difference you actually see on a HDTV. Games running in 480i (in my case 576i), on a HDTV look far worse than running on an SDTV. Since Zero and the REmake didn' t support 480p on Cube, they look really bad on my HDTV. They looked fine on the SDTV i had before, but 480p would make a huge difference now. 16:9 would be nice, but there' s talk about this being a Japanese release only anyway so it may not even matter.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 14:30
Yes, that is confirmed. RE Zero Remake is Japan-only.

http://ww2.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=26375&page=6
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Resident Evil Zero Wii Edition Announced - Feb 28, 2008 21:00

ORIGINAL: Zoy

Come on man... you know you essentially missed half the game by playing it interlaced. Don' t you want to know what the other half looks like?!

Hehehe

ORIGINAL: Chimura
I don' t care too much for Zero or the REmake, but if they remade 2, 3 and Veronica the way they redid the REmake, then it has incredible potential. The REmake was almost an entirely different game.

Those ones could indeed benefit more from some kind of remake like they did before with the original.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll