Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What happened to puzzle games?
Cromania

• Total Posts : 3
What happened to puzzle games? - Aug 16, 2003 11:54
What ever happened to puzzle games?

Sure, there' s remake after remake of Puzzle Bobble (bust a move) and endless remakes of tetris, but the last original puzzle game I can remeber (Eye Toy aside, which is really more of party game, as it DDR) was Kula World on PSX (only released in Pal territories) and which is now rather collectable.

Actuall... the only thing I can think of recently is Wario Ware Inc. now that game is awesome.

Come on game designers.... if gaming is suposed to reach out to wider audience then let' s have some simple to learn, but hard to conquer games.

That aside, come on Bomberman online

PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: What happened to puzzle games? - Aug 17, 2003 00:29
If you like puzzle games then Bombuzal is a must.

For the majority of you the old dos game available here is possibly a good alternative.

If it does not work in your dos mode or you are intelligent enough to use something besides Windows in these virus times, then playing it in an emulator might be a good idea. If so first you need an emulator. Hatari is a good choice, it is an Atari ST emulator that runs under Linux (Any CPU), Mac and Windows among others. If you do use Windows then the best emulator for you is Steem, you can also find TOS images there. And then you need the actual Bombuzal disk image, this is a good link.

The goal of the game is to blow up all bombs on the play-field within the set time limit without blowing up yourself. The bombs set up chain-reactions, bombs are of different sizes, transporters, traps, switches etc. It is really fun and requires some actual brains to master.
< Message edited by peylow -- 8/17/2003 12:30:46 AM >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: What happened to puzzle games? - Nov 17, 2003 13:01
puzzle games died like the Power Rangers (overnight) only I actually care about puzzle games dieing.
SteveHabs2k

• Total Posts : 12
RE: What happened to puzzle games? - Nov 22, 2003 10:52
hmm actually its still on freaking space force and ninja force on abc family formally fox family. not that there ratings are high or anything probably not but the only puzzle games around now ull see is in like survival horror games.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll