Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit?
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
Cool to call Kikizo out on its bullshit? - Apr 06, 2007 07:01
With this latest article by Alex Woslkchobodoburger I' ve noticed some very interesting immature fanboy comments. I like this community, and I want to stay, so I' m going to use this thread as an acid test to see whether or not Kikizo likes getting called out on its stupidisms.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200704/008.asp

ED 1:

Europeans forced to overpay for a while longer.

Now, is this angry fanboy getting pants into a twist because he thinks that $200 is too much for a portable system? Or is he of the opinion that the euro market is overpaying because the American market has it cheaper. While I' d like to give him the benefit of the doubt, the nature of markets is completely different than one another. 1 American dollar is different in every single country, let alone state. Somebody needs to go back to school.

With the price drop, Americans are now paying substantially less for the PSP than their British counterparts.

Ignorance of economics, fanboy tirade, or " can' t afford" psp anger? You decide.

March saw the end of a troubled second year for the PSP in the US, which is falling further behind the DS by the month. In February the PSP sold 176,000 units compared to 485,000 units for the DS.

This brings so much ignorance to the forefront it' s impossible to find a place to start.

March saw the end of a troubled second year for the PSP. Wokukakaburger has listed definitive proof of PSP' s failings where? Oh, it' s behind the DS. It wouldn' t be possible for the PSP to be okay despite what the DS sells. There is also proof that the PSP lost Sony money in that quote. Troubled times for the PSP indeed, as people like Wollenschraber continue to distort reality to sort their intrinsic fanboy needs. Nobody has convinced me that PSP being outsold by the DS is proof positive of troubled times, or that 177,000 units sold is bad. Ace reporting, Wushupan.

By catering to hardcore gamers with titles such as New Super Mario Bros and expanding into the mainstream with Dr Kawashima' s Brain Training and others, Nintendo is consistently trouncing the PSP at the tills.

Aww yes, the MOST definitive proof of Wexle' s bias lays in this quote. First, he attributes Nintendo to two games that appeal to certain audiences as the reason for its " trouncing" of the PSP at the " tills" . He uses terms like, " hardcore gamers" and " expanding into the mainstream," as 100% positive and accurate descriptions of titles, and he cites them as the reason for the PSP' s downfall. Forget about the fact that the PSP' s downfall wasn' t articulated with any facts other than a comparison between two different systems. Let' s focus on the fact that Wings completely cucklesucks Nintendo titles, he assumes that his opinion of them are the reason why the DS is doing well. This isn' t an opinion piece, this is reporting, and he inserted his stupidity into entry level reporting.

He does NOT know that the PSP is doing poorly.
He does NOT have any logical argument as to the DS' s successes.
He does NOT have the ability to determine opinions on games as the reason as to why they might sell. It' s not heinous because he said it, but because he reported it as fact. It was opinions being spun as something other. Disgusting.

Sony is trying to rejuvenate the PSP by associating it more with its new PlayStation 3 console. Recently Sony started to let PS3 owners download PSone games for use on their PSPs - something the underground homebrew community has been doing for months.

Here Sony is desperately trying to save the PSP from an existence of laying in the glorified DS' s wake. In order to do that, they are implementing something that simple plebeians had at the start of the game. Sony' s incompetence shones through, here, and I' m sure Wooper' s accurate reporting captured Sony' s entire essence for the PSP' s future. He didn' t just pull the PSOne downloading thing out of his asshole as the ONLY plan for the PSP' s future, Sony told him that the only thing they had to offer was PSOne downloading, and that was how they were going to draw in new consumers who are utterly abandoning the system because 177,000 sold in one month is nothing. Wundun' s accurate reporting here is ace.

In summation, Wollengancerbioux has identified:
The PSP is in trouble not because of any accurate financial reports, but because of its competition with the DS.

The PSP has one hope for the future in PSOne downloading, and that was done beforehand with the same precision as Sony by plebeians.

The DS is successful because it has hardcore games as well as games that appeal to the mainstream. The former is completely subjective and utterly stupid, because super mario bros. is as far from hardcore as a licensed cash-in repetitious piece of shit can be. The latter is also an opinion that has many ways of being translated.

PSP bashing and DS favortism reeks in this article. As is base stupidity of assuming prices should be the same in all territories. Whodunit is a terrible reporter.
< Message edited by DontPeeOnBilly -- 5 Apr 07 23:45:02 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message