Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
ginjirou

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 03:44
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 07:50
He his an great artist.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 10:53
He' s a professional.

If I' m allowed to share a gripe about this guy it' s that he seems a bit perverse. He' s obsessed with half naked female characters. He even made the Cheif as a woman.

It' s not a big deal I guess. It' s not the fact that he only uses woman, the thing is I always hated how woman are portrayed in videogames. We don' t have real or strong female characters, we only have slutty bimbos with supernatural fighting abilities. The artist is probably gay for using them.

It would be nice if we had woman portrayed in a tasteful and respectful manner.

I' m all for having strong female characters, we just don' t see any. We only have these emotionally and mentally crippled female characters. They should be ignored.

And another thing, put some ***ing clothes on them.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 17 Oct 07 3:14:52 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 11:10
The animation is good, h/e that is all he really did plus the backgrounds, but
all the character models and sounds were given to him by an anonymous hacker
so that Yuna and that Rikku are ripped from the X-2 code, Ayane and Kasumi are
ripped from the DOA code.

All he has to worry about is the animation, the synchronization, and the choreography
he is an amazing animator/choreographer and deserves his current job working
in the gaming industry (I don' t know too much on who he is working for, but he
is busy on some kind of project).

This has been around for about two weeks.. Why didn' t I say anything?

Stay tuned for a long time.lol
ginjirou

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 11:22

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

He' s a professional.

If I' m alloweed to share a gripe about this guy it' s that he seems a bit perverse. He' s obsessed with half naked female characters. He even made the Cheif as a woman.

It' s not a big deal I guess. It' s not the fact that he only uses woman, the thing is I always hated how woman are portrayed in videogames. We don' t have real or strong female characters, we only have slutty bimbos with supernatural fighting abilities. The artist is probably gay for using them.

It would be nice if we had woman portrayed in a tasteful and respectful manner.

I' m all for having strong female characters, we just don' t see any. We only have these emotionally and mentally crippled female characters. They should be ignored.

And another thing, put some ***ing clothes on them.

What the hell is this? Agent Ghost is.... moralising? Wow, didn' t see that coming.
I think there are a couple of good female characters out there, like Bastila Shan in KOTOR. But we don' t have many guys portrayed in a tasteful and respective manner either. Most male characters are super beautiful silly emo' s a la Final Fantasy, violent piles of muscles with loads of guns a la Gears, or just some silly idiot kind of guy.
Even though the guy who made the videos is probably slightly too interested in female characters for his own good, I think that he might have been making a little fun of the fact that most female videogame characters are portrayed as... uh... sluts.
Agent Ghost

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 12:19

I think there are a couple of good female characters out there, like Bastila Shan in KOTOR.

Yeah there' s a few good ones. You' re also right about men, but at least they fit their role though. The big dumb muscle guys in Gears are at least suited to fight, the indignity is justified at least in part. They are the perfect kind of asshole we need to send to war. However seeing some chick in a bikini with breasts bigger than her head in a fight is pointless. This is especially dumb in fighting games, that' s why I don' t buy them.

What the hell is this? Agent Ghost is.... moralising? Wow, didn' t see that coming.

I actually have a very high moral compass, logical, fair and uncontaminated by religion. I just have a poor way of expressing my moral standing. Largely because I don' t believe it matters.

People think I' m amoral because I' m vulgar and break the law on a regular basis, however it' s a fallacy to think these two things are counter good morality.

I' m always thinking of morality. It' s one of these things that never stops to increase in complexity the more you learn about it.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 17 Oct 07 4:32:54 >
ginjirou

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 21:18

You' re also right about men, but at least they fit their role though. The big dumb muscle guys in Gears are at least suited to fight, the indignity is justified at least in part. They are the perfect kind of asshole we need to send to war. However seeing some chick in a bikini with breasts bigger than her head in a fight is pointless. This is especially dumb in fighting games, that' s why I don' t buy them.

Girls can be perfectly suited to fight or do whatever they want despite having little clothes and big boobs. Just like smaller guys with less muscles can fight really hard.
I think fighting games have pretty good female characters, especially Virtua Fighter. As for DOA... that game is crap so it doesn' t count.

I actually have a very high moral compass, logical, fair and uncontaminated by religion. I just have a poor way of expressing my moral standing. Largely because I don' t believe it matters.

People think I' m amoral because I' m vulgar and break the law on a regular basis, however it' s a fallacy to think these two things are counter good morality.

I' m always thinking of morality. It' s one of these things that never stops to increase in complexity the more you learn about it.

Well, you' ve always seemed like a nice guy so I guess you somehow manage to show signs of moral.
Agent Ghost

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 21:42

Girls can be perfectly suited to fight or do whatever they want despite having little clothes and big boobs. Just like smaller guys with less muscles can fight really hard.
I think fighting games have pretty good female characters, especially Virtua Fighter. As for DOA... that game is crap so it doesn' t count.

Give me one real life example where that' s true. Where the woman with more sex appeal physically makes her a better fighter than the woman dressed and fit for it.

Even if we' re looking at the same woman, she would fight better if she trimmed her nails, and wore real clothes.

Ten times out of ten. This woman...

Would kick the living crap out of a woman like this should they ever get in a fight.

Infact we never see fights like this because realistically the DOA chick would hide behind her boyfriend. Then the army chick might just end up beating him up.
lol
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 17 Oct 07 13:43:34 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 22:10
However it is well known humans can only use ca 15% of their muscle in strenght,while a monkey could use 30% etc.

Thats why a sumo lose to a orangutan in a arm wrestling.

Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 22:26
The last woman supposed to be beautiful or anything??

All I' m seeing is an ugly face with a bitchy expression and a rediculous bikini. And ofcourse the army chick would win hands down.

As for men in videogames...most are just stupid. Just take a look at the guy from Gears or Cronos from God of War. Characters like that make me sick. Some bulky muscles almost no attitude or morals to speak of besides the " I' m strong, cool and I' m gonna kick your ass" part. Sure they are suited for combat but they are just plain boring, overused and have no depth to them at all.

The best male characters I have seen in games are Ryo Hazuki, Snake (Big Boss) and Solid Snake. They have their personalities. They aren' t characters that could do pull ups with their ears. They clearly are just men who suffer and have feelings besides the usual " Oooh yeah that was a great fight I want to kick some more ass" .

This is one of the major flaws in character design in many video games if you ask me. Males most of the time have an extremely bulky body and are always shown as bad asses, hardly any emotions and just completely unrealistic. While the women are mostly made half sluts and weaklings.

The legend of Zelda is a great example of how to make a good male and female character. Link never said a damn word in all of his years but he' s a thousand times more man and a better character than any bulky dude with some guns or a white looking idiot who becomes a god.

And Princess Zelda while yeah sure she needs to be saved most of the time but unlike in other games she is beautiful and she has class. She isn' t made bitchy and she can fight well enough on her own as well.

Showing off the body of the female characters is mostly just a trick to get your attention away from the fact that they just made another stupid character that is nothing more but some textures. And then they give it a bitchy attitude to mask the fact that the character is just an empty shell.

Take away the weapons from a character like the one in Gears of War and what remains of what made him " cool" ??? nothing at all cause the only thing that gave those an attitude are weapons, armor and whatever other shit they have. Unlike if you would take Snake his weapons away that character has still has his wide range of emotions, his own mindset and their own code of honor.

Instead of focusing so much on graphics they should make some more time to develop their characters fully. It only makes the game better. The more depth the character has the more you can relate to the character. The more you get pulled into the story, the better the game becomes.

Well atleast that' s how I see things
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 17 Oct 07 14:38:52 >
ginjirou

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 23:21
Samus Aran is the best female videogame character ever. She is just as badass as Master Chief and her outfit is just as classy. And she' s not just good at mindlessly blowing things up, she also explores stuff, solves puzzles, travels through space and stuff.
Yet she hasn' t lost any of that female touch at all.
In many games were you play as a female you sometimes really notice that I AM PLAYING A FEMALE. Which is bad because that means they made her way too girly. but with Samus, you just enjoy the game and that' s that.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 17 Oct 07 15:22:56 >
Agent Ghost

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 17, 2007 23:46

The last woman supposed to be beautiful or anything??

That' s not the point. The point is how she' s dressed. Plus she' s an actor playing an actual videogame character for a fighter (DOA), so it fits into my argument.

Obviously characters in videogames are not developed hardly at all. That' s not quite what I' m talking about, even though it' s a worthy discussion on it' s own.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 18, 2007 02:49

I' ve often suspected that VF doesn' t sell as well as DOA because it' s simply more tasteful, less crass -- in spite of the fact that it' s clearly the better game!

Similar situation with Panzer Dragoon Orta. If Orta had had head-sized breasts in a bikini and it had a title like " BloodSky" if would have sold five times as many copies. But I would have been too annoyed by the tastelessness to get it.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 18, 2007 03:19

boss - mgs3

jade - beyond good and evil

best I could think of.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 17 Oct 07 19:25:03 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 19, 2007 03:04

Thats sounds gay but I feel what you are sayinf. I like the sexy woman hell its a video game. I would not have play heavenly sword if it had some chick that looked and acts like a man. Big boss was a great women in mgs. but I wanna see some jugss and more jugs you know man stuff.

But I understand what your are saying.
ginjirou

RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 19, 2007 05:42
Even though I hate DOA I must admit that I really like Hitomi. Her style and personality just cheers me up
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 19, 2007 09:53

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Even though I hate DOA I must admit that I really like Hitomi. Her style and personality just cheers me up

You sure it' s not just her second base?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 19, 2007 10:04
No mention of Alyx Vance? For shame...
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Rikku+Yuna+Tifa VS Ayane+Kasumi+Hitomi - Oct 19, 2007 18:12
This is another reason why I like Anime. Most of the women aren' t made to look defenceless and some can even beat the shit out of the most muscular of men without so much as lifting a finger.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message