Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis - Halo for Adults
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 23, 2007 13:26
Re-purposed thread...

I' ve been thinking (dangerous i know)... why didn' t Crytek position Crysis as Halo for grown ups? It would have probably sold better...

Dorothy once said " ...I' ve got the feeling we' re not in Kansas anymore..." - well if Far Cry was Kansas, Crysis is definitey the Land of Oz. I don' t want to spoil too much, ...i get the feeling that there are only a couple of us playing this right now, and that many of you guys will be planning to play it a little further down the line. I guess it doesn' t help that it' s almost impossible to play the game on it' s highest listed settings at a reasonable framerate right now. It won' t be until the next generation of videocards that the game really comes into it' s own and it' s suspected that there are ' Ultra' settings that can' t yet be accessed. Something tells me that some assets that had been present in the demo never actually made it into the retail version and will be made available as some sort of graphical upgrade package in the future.

Anyhoo, i penned the game all wrong. Not only is it vastly different to Far Cry, it' s also the best FPS i' ve ever played and a game that simply shouldnt be missed.

EDIT: Removed the re-sized screens while i upload the original 1680 x 1050 images...

< Message edited by nitro -- 23 Dec 07 14:13:58 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Crysis is the best single-player FPS i' ve played yet... - Dec 23, 2007 21:09
Im in the alien ship,great review/impression but dont agree it hasnt draw me back yet,however when I do play it im very very impressed by the graphics.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 23, 2007 22:39
your just saying that to warrent the 5k desktop you bought right?
Nitro

RE: Crysis is the best single-player FPS i' ve played yet... - Dec 23, 2007 22:53
Below are 100 (1680 x 1050) screens. Most are DX10 ' Very High' but the ones with aliens and/or ice in them are DX9 ' High'

These last two are DX10 ' Very High' and DX9 ' High' respectively. However. the DX9 ' High' has been tweaked to get close to ' Very High' with minimal framerate cost...

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 23, 2007 23:01

Anyhoo, i penned the game all wrong. Not only is it vastly different to Far Cry, it' s also the best FPS i' ve ever played and a game that simply shouldnt be missed.

Ive noticed alot of people already had an image of this game, either, before actually playing it or playing it on a PC that just about ran the thing / ran it shit.

To fully understand you really need to own the game on a bad-ass PC. Once you actually have the game yourself on a Bad-ass PC that runs it to great levels (both graphically and Framerate wise).. Crysis' s experience is far and beyond any other single player FPS out there. It' s a totally different kettle of fish.

Im currently playing through Crysis for the 3rd time now, everything about it kick ass.
Nitro

RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 23, 2007 23:02

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

your just saying that to warrent the 5k desktop you bought right?

Obviously.
Nitro

RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 23, 2007 23:11

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Ive noticed alot of people already had an image of this game, either, before actually playing it or playing it on a PC that just about ran the thing / ran it shit.

Part of the problem was how th dev' s portrayed it though. They showcased the first couple of chapters during all of their demonstrations and it' s those early sections of the game that are closest in both look and feel to Far Cry.

They hinted at more, but everybody figured that it' d be a lame twist like the Trigens in their first game.

I' m sure it looks better than most other games set to ' Low' and it' s not like the minimum system requirements are hefty so the reason it hasn' t sold as well as say Half Life 2 did in it' s first month has to be to do with peoples perception of the game. If they' d shown more, ...the Halo-esque stuff, i' m sure it would have done far better.

It' s the first of a planned trilogy too, but since EA are publishing it, if the first game doesn' t sell as well as they' d hoped they' ll force Crytek to port to consoles before working on the sequels and i don' t particulary want that to happen.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 24, 2007 00:52
Alas, I' ve been waiting until we get some new Alienware kit in until I even touch Crysis. Can' t wait though, the reviews have been awesome.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 24, 2007 01:27
Adam, I' ll review it if you want. I' ve beat it twice now on a Dell XPS 720 that runs it like a charm. The game is one of the best FPS games I' ve ever played if not the best.
Nitro

RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 24, 2007 06:27
More screens...

Note: they contain potential spoilers...

I can' t help but imagine what an Aliens or Predator (no not and AVP) game would be like using this engine...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 24, 2007 08:42
I' ve been looking at screens & watching videos for months now, and the character models (especially the ones out of power-armor) still make my jaw drop.
Nitro

RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 24, 2007 11:50
Last lot of screens...

Again, spoilerz ahoy...

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 26, 2007 06:06
While it looks interesting, I refuse to play games under 60FPS with max settings so I won' t be getting this until Geforce 9 come out and can hopefully handle it better.

I have an 8800GTX OC' d near Ultra speeds and its not enough to get the frame rates I want, I dont understand how people can tolerate playing a shooter at sub 30fps...
< Message edited by emofag -- 25 Dec 07 22:07:15 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 26, 2007 08:39
as long as its a smooth fps, its playable.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll