Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 XBox 360 Dashboard Updated
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
XBox 360 Dashboard Updated - May 10, 2007 06:14
Been playing around with it. The new VGA settings definitely make a difference. Intermediate reference settings make the colours noticably richer but overall darker. Expanded reference level is too dark though.

The IM feature is nice, but who' s really going to use it much. In my experience, my 360 chums are usually a different lot to the people in my MSN address book, people who I wouldn' t game with. Still nice to instant message someone instead of the usual SMS style messages, even though once you' re in a game, you can usually just talk to them over the headsets.

Only thing left for me is extra monitor resolutions like 1680x1050. By the time they add it though, I' ll probably have a decent HDTV anyway heh.

Oh that and the Forza 2 demo, which I' ve heard might be coming out late today (US time)! *Stressing the might part!*
< Message edited by choupolo -- 9 May 07 22:17:00 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: XBox 360 Dashboard Updated - May 10, 2007 08:29

FINALLY!!!!

I' ve gotten myself excited 3 days in a row waiting for this to come out. I could have sworn they said monday, & as I didn' t see anything on the web about it today I didnk' t think it hit...

So the VGA is good then Choupolo? That was the only major thing I was interested in as VGA is my main input for the box. It' s not hooked up online right now, but I' ll definately download before the night is up.

Thanks buddy!
choupolo

RE: XBox 360 Dashboard Updated - May 10, 2007 09:06
Heh, the VGA thing is subtle, but those washed out colours were really nagging me, and now things are bearable. I still dont think it' s as saturated as component.

I' ve only tried Gears so far, but the picture definitely seems more vivid. My main beef was with PGR3, but I' ve sold that now. Might borrow it off a friend just to see what it looks like now.

Get downloading foo' !
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: XBox 360 Dashboard Updated - May 10, 2007 09:12
So how come you guys were using VGA and not component anyway?
choupolo

RE: XBox 360 Dashboard Updated - May 10, 2007 09:23
Using a cheap PC monitor for my PC and my 360.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: XBox 360 Dashboard Updated - May 10, 2007 20:06
Using a really big $85 monitor instead of a $799 HDTV with component. There' s not enough space at my gaming desk for a big HDTV, so monitors work quite nicely. I' m liking the new update a lot, and suprisingly, I can see myself using the chat feature. If only I could get MSN Messenger to work on my PC.[:' (]
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: XBox 360 Dashboard Updated - May 10, 2007 20:09
VGA often comes off sharper than component, but up until now the colours have been washed out. I may connect via VGA for good now.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll