Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 09:41
Lame
Agent Ghost

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 10:00
So Ghost, having a good time I take it?
Agent Ghost

RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 10:04
Well I try. I was supposed to go down with some friends but our plans fell apart. Responsibilities and all that garbage... I had some weed left from a few days ago so all is not lost, I just wish I had more on me though.
Joe Redifer

RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 10:20
OK I have to give my 2 cents (which is deflated due to the value of the US dollar):

I am not against marijuana or the like. If you want to smoke it, great (just as long as you don' t do it around me and wash your clothes and your hair before you hang around me... I don' t like smelly people). If you want to snort cocaine, great. Having the stuff be illegal isn' t an issue to me. It can and should be legal, I really don' t care. You can even snort fly testicles, whatever toots your horn.

What I DO have an issue with is all of the mentally challenged people coming together specifically on April 20th at 4:20pm (why don' t they ever do this at 4:20am... it' s still a 420) and light up saying great things like " 420 duuuuude oh yeah!!!" etc etc etc. So many users seem to live for this number. Like I said, smoking MJ is your choice, but the users also have a choice not to be moronic imbeciles about it. It does not do good things for the image of possessing marijuana. The rallyers will say things like " We are here to let the everyone know that we are against people getting arrested for having marijuana on them" . OK. But do you really think getting together on 420 and acting like dim-witted stoners will change anyone' s mind on the issue? Of course not. It' s just an excuse to get together and hold a huge MJ party and rebel at the same time.

So my whole point is this: act like you have intelligence if you want the issue taken seriously. Otherwise April 20th is no more special than any other day. Your weed won' t suddenly give you a better high. Also please PLEASE shower and wash your hair (twice) after each time you light up.
Agent Ghost

RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 10:52
I don' t think anyone expects 420 to be a political stand. At best it serves as an opportunity to have people interested in the politics to meet other like minded individuals. What can that accomplish, who cares? It' s a celebration more than anything else. Why do people gather on July 4th? Will it prevent the country from falling into a reccession, no. People just like gatherings, especially when you have alcohol and loud music involved.

I myself know marijuana should be legal, will it change my life if it was, nope. I' ll discuss this topic for the sake of principle, I' m not too conserned about it. I don' t care. The government is ***ing me over in far worst ways than this.

I would agree that the rights of non smokers overrule the rights of smokers. I feel the same way with cigarettes. It pisses me off when cigarette smokers blow smoke in my face. The rate of smokers in Quebec is probably the highest in North America too. I' ve always lived in a house of smokers. I' m sick of it actually.

As for the smell of weed. I used to hate it too, it can be a strong smell. It' s an aquired taste I would say. However, not all weed smells strong though. The odor and taste of marijuana can vary greatly, some strands are even odorless.

However saying that a person should wash twice after they smoke is not a reasonable response. Using this logic we could say the same about anything that smells bad. I don' t like the smell of, hair spray, perfume or most deodorants among many other products. I wouldn' t advocate banning these things. It' s a minor discomfort to have to deal with bad smells.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 21 Apr 08 2:55:10 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 11:08

I am not against marijuana or the like. If you want to smoke it, great (just as long as you don' t do it around me and wash your clothes and your hair before you hang around me... I don' t like smelly people). If you want to snort cocaine, great. Having the stuff be illegal isn' t an issue to me. It can and should be legal, I really don' t care. You can even snort fly testicles, whatever toots your horn

i agree with you Joe. Yeah 420 is when everyone comes together to met and bake brownies, share their grown marijuana, etc . It' s like a normal convention like the trekkies or D&D role players but this is all about weed but I don' t see the need for the big gathering.
Joe Redifer

RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 12:20
Brownies are pretty low key and don' t stink. But whenever I turn on the news on April 20, it' s about 20-somethings shouting " Make pot legal!" to the camera while blowing smoke and laughing. I just hope those people don' t drive home from their gathering. Driving while stoned is just as bad as driving while drunk or drowsy, but nobody ever seems to mention it.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: 420 - Apr 21, 2008 12:34

I' m just really tired...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 420 - Apr 22, 2008 02:09
Me and my friends have never used 420 as a political platform. It IS just a great big MJ party to us, as it is OUR day. We enjoy going to Vic Park and sitting down smoking without having to worry about being arrested (don' t really have to worry about being arrested on any other day). I could care less if it is ever legalized or not, because it wouldn' t change anything at all for me and my friends.

Joe Redifer

RE: 420 - Apr 22, 2008 02:34
It' d change how you get it. Instead of handing one of your shady friends a few bucks for a sandwich bag of the stuff (who knows where he gets it, and where the guy before him gets it, etc etc), it' d be sold at places like 7-11. You' d have Marlboro brand MJ and the like, and it' d be taxed like cigarettes are (which is fine, you choose to smoke, you choose to pay).
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 420 - Apr 22, 2008 05:19

ORIGINAL: Mass X

I' m just really tired...

...and fat.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: 420 - Apr 22, 2008 05:26
420 just another excuse for me to throw a huge party. I' m a drinker tho. Not much a smoker.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 420 - Apr 23, 2008 02:59

It' d change how you get it. Instead of handing one of your shady friends a few bucks for a sandwich bag of the stuff (who knows where he gets it, and where the guy before him gets it, etc etc), it' d be sold at places like 7-11. You' d have Marlboro brand MJ and the like, and it' d be taxed like cigarettes are (which is fine, you choose to smoke, you choose to pay).

The only problem with the having the Government step in like that, is the fact that they would regulate the THC levels just like they do with the medicinal stuff. If they made it too weak, then smokers would still just go to their dealer because they know how good the weed is that they are getting. All the Government would have to do is just make sure that they didn' t sell shitty pot.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll