Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gearwhores
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Gearwhores - Jul 21, 2006 11:45
...get off on tech?...

....love spending ridiculous amounts of cash on top of the range cyber-bling?...

..yea?..

...well this thread' s for you.... ..post lots of pics of your insanely expensive hardware and make everyone else, super Jealous....

...i' ll start with my current pride and joy... ..my 2005 Apple Dual 2 Ghz PowerPC G5 ..which features:

1.5GB DDR SDRAM, 160GB Serial-ATA Hard-disk, x16 dual-layer DVD-R Superdrive, 512 KB L2 Cache (per CPU), 1 GHz Bus Speed and a ATI Radeon 9650 GPU with 256mb VRAM and a 2560 x 1600 max resolution...

behold: 21st Century Supercomputer

in profile... note un-removed plastic stickys.

from top, bottom left: silver power button, headphone jack, USB 2.0 and Firewire 400...

simple access.

that' s right... two of them.

..i want it remotely hooked up to my brain...

top left: latch release for side panel.
top right, from top: x3 33Mhz PCI slots, Dual DVI display ports, Airport Extreme Antenna port, Bluetooth Antenna port, Optical Digital Audio Out, Optical Digital Audio In, Analogue Audio Line Out, Analogue Audio Line In, x2 USB 2.0, Firewire 400, Firewire 800, 10/100/1000 twisted pair Ethernet and an internal modem (optional).

..all as standard, except the GPU (to power Apples 30" Cinema Display, which you' ll see in my next post) and the extra RAM (normally ships with 512MB)...

..my G5 can also be expanded to have a maximum of 4 GB' s RAM and has room for a second optional ATA hard-disk...

Cost: around $2,000 USD or £1,350 Pounds Sterling (inc VAT)...

note: Apple have updated their workstation range recently.. ...the newest models feature Intel' s and ' Dual-Core' processors, amongst other upgrades..

...ok ure turn!..

...actually... it doesn' t have to be ultra expensive.... ...it could just be something which you think looks amazingly stylish or whatever...

...don' t forget to include full specs also!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll