Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 To Replay or not to replay
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 18:36
So as the topic states, how often do you revisit games?

This generation the only game ive completed twice is Gears of War, iv done some coop in Halo 3 though but not through and through.

I do sometimes replay my old favorites, like Fallout 1-2, Planescape Torment, The Longest Journey and most of the lucas arts adventure games.

Do you replay games?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:21
rarely.

I've replayed some of the good CODs, Gears, and Halo series on higher difficulties and in coop.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:29
Do I replay games?
Let's see..

I've played through and completed Metal Gear Ac!d 2 about 18 - 20 times. I kid you not..

I've also complete Kingdom of Paradise about 10 - 12 times. I complete Star Soldier for the PSP about 7 times, completed Resident Evil 4 a handful of times.. Completed BOURNE about 5 - 7 times. Completed Project Sylpheed 13 - 15 times. Completed the PS3 Ratchet and Clank game about 5 or 6 times. Completed Wrestle Kingdom about 10 - 13 times. Completed Viewtiful Joe for the DS about 4 - 6 times. When I enjoy a game I'll revisit and replay the hell out of it. :)

In fact, with the exception of Resident Evil 4, I've been planning to revisit all of the aforementioned games a couple more times.
<message edited by Terry Bogard on Feb 04, 2009 19:35>
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:40
I can always revisit a good platformer. I still play all the old spyro and crash bandicoot games. They're just that good.

Mirror's Edge is about the only game I can think of that I would replay, on the same difficulty level. There has to be more incentive in today's games for me to go back and retouch something.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:41
Nearly never.  It's rare that I even finish a game these days.  I only care about multiplayer anyways.  Fuck single player, you want a good story read fucking book.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 20:13
FFVII - finished once in Japanese and three times in English.

Silent Hill 2 - twice for good and bad endings

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins - about 10 times for all the hilarious cutscenes.

Streets of Rage 2 - great music and without saves you have to replay it to get to the later stages again.

Gears of War - once on 360 and once on PC.

Apart from that not really...  obviously multiplayer games like Pro Evo, racing games, online shooters you pick up every so often.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 21:00
Games I've constantly replayed and plan on the future):

Price of Persia's Sand of Time Trilogy
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy (Quadrilogy now)
Okami
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy VII (Like 12 times since 2001)
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill's 2, 3 and 4 (don't have the others unfortunately)
Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Uncharted 
Yakuza (and now Yakuza 2)
Tenchu's 1 and 2

I find the time to at least do the bare bone campaign on those at least once a year.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 22:29
Not so much anymore. Typically if I do replay a game its to beat on a harder difficulty. Although I do still play the hell out of some SNES and 64 games(just finished DK Country for the millionth time today).
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 23:07
Agent Ghost

Nearly never.  It's rare that I even finish a game these days.  I only care about multiplayer anyways.  Fuck single player, you want a good story read fucking book.

reading is gay
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 23:24

reading is gay

Your mom is gay.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 05, 2009 02:04
If I havent traded it in then I will get back to it often. Sometimes if I find a good deal I'll repurchase a traded in game amd re assimilate it back into the collection.

I really have no qualms for how old or what the genre is. I have my disc based games in a dvd holder so sometimes I just open to a random page and see what my options are.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 05, 2009 11:16
I stopped actually collecting a long time ago. If there's really nothing out there for me to play i'll ressurrect an old favorite. I keep a copy of Grim Fandango, etc.

One thing I still haven't done is play through a game like KOTOR  or Mass Effect making all the asshole choices. I really like being the hero, I hate playing an evil character. The closest I've ever come was completing the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion, then I immediately deleted that game. Just a quirk of mine I guess. I've never even played a GTA game.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 05, 2009 17:39

One thing I still haven't done is play through a game like KOTOR or Mass Effect making all the asshole choices. I really like being the hero, I hate playing an evil character. The closest I've ever come was completing the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion, then I immediately deleted that game. Just a quirk of mine I guess. I've never even played a GTA game.

Funny that! i have it the exact same way.

I never completed a GTA (not counting the first 2 :P) before GTA4, Niko doesnt feel like a bad guy, he feels like a real guy.

I played some of ME as a bad guy but i didnt like it much, the same with Fallout 3.

I play goodhearted in all choice games.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 06, 2009 00:07
Most games I just try to play the way I more than likely would if I were in that situation. However, it usually winds out being a good character. I have to force myself to be evil most of the time.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 06, 2009 20:19
This gen I've completed and replayed Gears, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Uncharted and I have a couple more - Oblivion I'm going to get GOTY edition on PS3 and play through again, and I might replay Fallout 3 once all the DLC is out.  Gears 2 will be getting played again too I'm sure.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 07, 2009 14:53
At times there's just periods where I'm not interested in any of these new games coming out.

So yeah I replay old games...I do it a lot even. If you got them sitting there being pretty  and your old consoles still work perfectly fine. I don't see why I shouldn't replay some older games that I enjoyed while I'm waiting for something new that I'm going to like.

As things are now I want to get me some deadly creatures but since it's so short I don't feel like paying so much for a 10 hour game. Tenchu is just that...so I'll wait before buying till the price drops. The only thing I might pick up soon is HoTD and maybe Killzone 2.

Right now I'm replaying Phantasy Star: the end of the millenium, Chrono Trigger, A link to the past, Super Metroid and just for the fun of it even some good old Forgotten Worlds.

Replaying good old games is a great way to pass your time when there ain't something special out right now.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 11, 2009 09:53
I replay most games that I own except the few ones that I didn't like at all. Even if it's storybased it's worth it I think since you discover some new details in the storyline that you couldn't catch the first time.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 17, 2009 17:38
I used to do it frequently, now I pretty much never do.  Singleplayer games I am done when I beat them, multiplayer games I will play like a month or two if they are good, then quit.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll