Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Heavenly Sword captures!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 20, 2007 21:01
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 04:34
Amazing looking environments, and the high-res screens do her justice, but what the hell is with her hair!? It looks terrible! Man... it' s just... eugh!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 04:36

Amazing looking environments, and the high-res screens do her justice, but what the hell is with her hair!? It looks terrible! Man... it' s just... eugh!

I was about to say something about that. It looks like she either piled hair gel on it or its fake
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 05:06
Since when do we care about the character' s hair? It' s probably not that bad in motion.

I' m much more bothered by the fact that the main character is a female with no male option. I have no problem with a female being the main character or even the strongest character but I don' t want to play as a female. Ever.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 06:48
I get your point Agent Ghost, but playing as a girl would not put me off an excellant game.
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 07:09
One of the games that will make me buy a ps3.....
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 07:13
I didn' t use to have any interest in this game, but testing God of War for the first time recently, this game seems to be within my interests. I truly hope it will turn out a GoW, but on the Ps3. Meaning great.
At the very least it might be able to qealth my thirst for GoW3 (I know I' m greedy bastard, I haven' t even tested the second installment yet).

Btw, agreeing to comments on the hair. Otherwise I find everything beautiful (especially the animations), even though I' m not all that fond of the visual style and character designs in the game.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 20 Mar 07 23:14:49 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 11:59

I have no problem with a female being the main character or even the strongest character but I don' t want to play as a female. Ever.

I' m going to smack you.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 12:03

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Since when do we care about the character' s hair? It' s probably not that bad in motion.

I' m much more bothered by the fact that the main character is a female with no male option. I have no problem with a female being the main character or even the strongest character but I don' t want to play as a female. Ever.

I knew you were gay.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 15:53

Call me kinky if you will, but im always drawn to playing the female characters in games. have no idea why!
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 18:58
The graphics look good but I wasn' t impressed. The hair looked a bit ugly in the video. Those guys claim they are doing something totally new with their motion capturing but stuff like that has been going on for a long time. It isn' t new at all. Capturing the emotions isn' t new either. I really didn' t like how they claimed you couldn' t show emotions on anything older than the PS3. They act like their audience are idiots. Ever heard of PC or Xbox 360, even weaker systems have shown that much detail in character' s faces.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 21, 2007 21:14
Yeah... with all the incredible games coming out revcently the visuals for this game aren' t as impressive as they were back when it was first being shown off. Still looks good visually... but not great. Still, the gameplay was cool at E3 so I still expect it to be a great title.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 22, 2007 04:27

I knew you were gay.

Is it just me or does it seem like evilman is gay, because he doesnt say anything on the forum for the longest time then pops up when he has the chance to call someone gay. Someones a bit insecure
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 22, 2007 04:59
You guys need to remember what type of game it is when comparing visuals.

It is much easier to have high detail models in an FPS compared to a adventure game. The animations, speed of movement, and number of enemies in FPS almost never comes close to the top tier adventure games. For example, compare the animations in say, God of War, to Gears of War. Gears has great animations, but its still a shooter style, meaning they don' t do any crazy kicks, flips, spins, jumps etc. Add in the fact that you are fighting 4 or 5 monsters in a relatively closed environment, and it makes it a lot easier to render than a character doing acrobatic attacks while fighting on open terrain against 6 to 15 guys.

This isn' t to discredit Gears, or say HS is amazing, its to say that they have different constraints and aspects they have to work with.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 22, 2007 15:20
Graphics wise i hate it
I mean come on Crisis Core looks better than this in my opinion, but the animation is very cool i like it very much.The game looks promising but needs a little push graphics wise.
Agent Ghost

RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 22, 2007 23:03

I' m going to smack you.

Why? There' s no need to take it personally. I never said a female character makes the game worse, I just won' t care for it as much. It' s just a strange preference. I prefer to play male characters. Even better when the character actually looks like me. I get absorbed in the games I play, and the illusion just isn' t as strong if the character isn' t a male humanoid. I also don' t like playing as animals or anything else either. The only avatar I want while playing a videogame is a male human. Anything else feels awkward. If I can' t relate to my characters, I won' t care about them.

I' m actually looking foward to seeing digimask technology placed in more games so i can use my own face on the characters I use.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 22 Mar 07 15:07:13 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 23, 2007 00:55
Agent Ghost, you' re using a flaming demon skull as an avatar; how is that close to reality?

If I can' t relate to my characters, I won' t care about them.

The question really is, why do you only want to relate/care about other male humans who look like you?
Agent Ghost

RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 23, 2007 01:11
" Agent Ghost, you' re using a flaming demon skull as an avatar; how is that close to reality?"

I' m not playing a videogame here.

" The question really is, why do you only want to relate/care about other male humans who look like you?"

It' s not a choice, it' s just the way I am. Keep in mind this is only with videogames. it' s not like all my friends look like me or anything like that.

I' ve never put much thought into this before now, but I guess you could say that the character I' m controlling in a videogame is like my alter ego. Everything just works better if the character is a man. Simply put, I want to play as myself.

I don' t play videogames to escape myself, I play videogames to escape everything else.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 23, 2007 02:31
Deep!

I play games for fun!
< Message edited by dionysius -- 22 Mar 07 18:41:53 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Heavenly Sword captures! - Mar 23, 2007 02:35
I want to play with myself now.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to: