Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 03:13
I' m sure their recent one billion dollar hardware sales, and their 73% annual sales jump have them positively in tears for the poor consumer.

Talking with Wired magazine, Fils-Aime spoke about the company' s strategy and lamented the US stock shortages that have left many consumers unable to find and buy a Wii.

" We are passionately upset about the lack of product relative to demand," Fils-Aime explained to the magazine."

Somehow, the lament doesn' t quite translate into print.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 24 Apr 08 19:15:18 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 03:49

" We are passionately upset about the lack of product relative to demand," Fils-Aime explained to the magazine."

Shouldn' t you be passionately upset about the lack of games, and you' re piss poor attach ratio?

Then again, like you said Eddie, I really don' t think they are too upset with any of this. They have ripped the consumer off, and are now rolling around naked in a room full of money.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 03:50
You really do hate Nintendo Canadagamer lol.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 03:54
lol...

Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 04:02

and are now rolling around naked in a room full of money.

I wouldn' t mind doing that
canadagamer

RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 04:55

You really do hate Nintendo Canadagamer

I don' t hate Nintendo at all. What I hate is, and I have said this on many occasions, is the fact that they have ripped the consumer off. Nintendo, admittedly, has targeted an audience that did not buy a PS2, Gamecube, or XBOX last gen and told them that the Wii is worth $280 when of course it is not.

I am not going to discard the " fun" value that I am sure a lot of these " non-traditional" gamers are having with their Wii' s, but I still think it very low on Nintendo' s part for ripping them off and charging way too much for a machine that is frankly a GC with the motion sensing control and THEY know it!!

What they have done, IMHO, is con these people out of I would say $80-$100 for each Wii they sell and it seems that I am the only one to see this. Even when the PS3 first came out I didn' t bitch about the price, for the simple fact that it had Blu-ray so you would already be getting a Blu-ray player at a significant discount, and a PS3 pretty much for free.

The Wii offers nothing in the way of multi-media support, a laughable online service, and games that we have seen and played for the past 15 years. I know this, most of you know this here, but Nintendo' s targeted audience does know this and therefore I say shame on Nintendo. You are no better than a con artist who targets the ill-informed and the elderly.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 05:48
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 15:38
Silents picture goes well with Canadas statement.

Reggies goes! A man gotta do what a man gotta do. " Wanna buy a wii old lady. its the must fun you' ve had with a stick in 20 years
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 16:32
I laugh upon all who have boughten a Wii.
kitten

• Total Posts : 197
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 25, 2008 19:51

and are now rolling around naked in a room full of money.

I wouldn' t mind doing that

I' ll film

I personally really like playing Wii' s. Though I cant figure out if i prefer playing Twilight Princess on Wii or Gamecube.

and games that we have seen and played for the past 15 years.

Hey, if you love said games, what the hell is wrong with playing them in a whole different way, and yes, going from one Nintendo control set to a Wii remote is a whole different way in my opinion. It gives the experience of the game a whole new take.
< Message edited by kitten -- 25 Apr 08 21:54:28 >
canadagamer

RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 01:04

Hey, if you love said games, what the hell is wrong with playing them in a whole different way, and yes, going from one Nintendo control set to a Wii remote is a whole different way in my opinion. It gives the experience of the game a whole new take.

That statement was of mine was directed at Virtua. Oh, and IMO adding the motion sensing was just a very lazy way for them to come out and say exactly what you said. " It gives the experience of the game a whole new take" . When in actuality it is only an illusion. Games like Spore and Little Big Planet are games that will prove that you don' t need a gimick to attract a new and different audience.

It' s just too bad the non-traditional audience will be waving there hands like they just don' t care, and are going to miss out on these games.
< Message edited by canadagamer -- 25 Apr 08 17:05:10 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 01:17
Dude, seriously, youve been trying to aim things at me all week but ive been ignoring you until now..

Until you tell me one games company thats contributed anywhere near as much to the games indusrty this generation than Nintendo, i' ll even read the drissle you have to write about.

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 01:29
But Nintendo hasn' t contributed anything to games this generation aside from shaking your hand. Something you can go do with this, this, or this. Nintendo successfully turned the Gamecube into an infomercial plug and play game system.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 01:34
The Wii is overhyped and dare I say it?...Ok I dare under supported, purely because Nintendo are aiming at demographic that has no income...children.
Vx Chemical

RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 01:45
EPIC, Rockstar, 2 companies advancing the games buisness, by doing something that wasnt possible previous gen, and something that isnt possible on the Wii.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 02:22

But Nintendo hasn' t contributed anything to games this generation aside from shaking your hand. Something you can go do with this, this, or this. Nintendo successfully turned the Gamecube into an infomercial plug and play game system.

You really think like this ?? Yeah, Wii was all that easy!! Just slap a Remote on to a CG and there you go!!! you could of done it yourself !!

It' s all about the execution and software that goes with it.

It' s Like me totally undermiming the Impact MS' s Xbox live has had on Console social gaming by stating this and this.. Dosent make any sense.. (though ild have a better argument as xbolive gives you nowhere near the freedoom and options a PC online gaming gives you and unlike the poor comparisons you' ve linked, that are not only crap but has reached about 30 people WW)

EPIC, Rockstar, 2 companies advancing the games buisness, by doing something that wasnt possible previous gen, and something that isnt possible on the Wii.

Can' t be done on Wii? thats as obvious as Wii sports cant be done on 360-gen or previous out-of-the-box either.. Crysis cant be done on 360 / PS3? whats your point?

Still want a name of a single games company that has touched Nintendo in contribution????

No??

Until then, the dissing of Nintendo is invalid.

Now... i have Wii Fit to Try out.... Oh fu.ck... ive played a game like this before .. (sarcasm)

Edit.. Jesus the WiiBoard is alot smaller than i expected.. Anyway..

Ild like to add two points where i could find valid argument against Nintendo (Wii)..

1.The Price of the Wiiis too high, and VC games are in most cases extorsion.

2. Wii does need more core third Party support but thats down to you Core gamers to support and buy these types of games IE, NMH, Pro EVO 2008, Zak & Wiki, Metriod, Ect. the longer you totally dissmiss these, the longer you' ll wait for stronger 3rd support..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 25 Apr 08 18:44:23 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 02:56

Can' t be done on Wii? thats as obvious as Wii sports cant be done on 360-gen or previous out-of-the-box either.. Crysis cant be done on 360 / PS3? whats your point?

Still want a name of a single games company that has touched Nintendo in contribution????

No??

Until then, the dissing of Nintendo is invalid.

Now... i have Wii Fit to Try out.... Oh fu.ck... ive played a game like this before .. (sarcasm)

Nintendo didnt invent motion control you know, MS had a controller out over 10 years ago, sure not as complex as the wiimote but they had it.

If we name a game company thats done more than nintendo in our opinion its not valid to you, because your narrowsighted, you only see the wii.

but wow you mentioned 3 points thats wrong with it.

let me name a 4th,

the wii mote is a fucking gimmick, thats why its sitting one everyones shelf never getting played. except yours ofcourse.

Nintendo should be glad they are making money on each sold console, or it would have been the end for them after this gen.

If nintendo makes a new console with propper hardware specifications and adds a decent traditional controller, ill have more respect for them.

As it is, half the games they make are better played with a standard controller.

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 03:09

The Wii is overhyped and dare I say it?...Ok I dare under supported, purely because Nintendo are aiming at demographic that has no income...children.

Not trying to get caught up in this firestorm, but your analysis is completely wrong. In fact Nintendo is applying a similar strategy that has been very successful for companies like Disney and McDonald' s. Develop brand-loyality at a young age. It potentially generates two to four or five times the income than targeting one 20-something slacker (present company excluded.) Obviously now we' re seeing the first generation of Nintendo gamers buying Nintendo products for their kids.

It' s also worth noting that there is a small but significant number of people who are getting Wiimotes for various alternate applications, e.g. to use as interactive composition tools with applications such as Max-MSP-Jitter.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 25 Apr 08 19:14:20 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 03:49

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

You really think like this ?? Yeah, Wii was all that easy!! Just slap a Remote on to a CG and there you go!!! you could of done it yourself !!

Actually yes. That' s exactly what I think... and that' s exactly what they did. It' s well known that' s what they did. It' s the reason they made Twilight Princess identical (well aside from the integrated motion controls and mirroring the world so Link would be right handed)... because it' s virtually the same tech with a motion controller. If Nintendo really wanted too they could have made a Wii-mote for the Gamecube... but hey, then nobody would have bought it because it was for the Gamecube.

It' s all about the execution and software that goes with it.

It' s Like me totally undermiming the Impact MS' s Xbox live has had on Console social gaming by stating this and this.. Dosent make any sense.. (though ild have a better argument as xbolive gives you nowhere near the freedoom and options a PC online gaming gives you and unlike the poor comparisons you' ve linked, that are not only crap but has reached about 30 people WW)

Execution does play a big role. That is why they are selling... not because of the software, but because they' ve made a marketable item. It' s trendy. It' s a minigame console for parties. this is why the attach ration for the console is low. People buy it for Wii sports. In fact that' s about the only reason most people buy it. You are in the minority of Wii users that actually buy games for the console. You don' t even represent the core Wii gamer which is hilarious.

I' ll be the first to say Live wasn' t a huge leap over PC gaming but it' s refined online gaming as a whole. It made voice chat built in right out of the box. Integrated friends list across all games. Mandatory broadband connection for better game speeds. Movies, tv shows, game downloads, etc... all right there with extreme ease of use. Does it make it better than PC gaming? I can' t say yes, that' s an opinion question. Does it make it a far easier and streamlined experience compared to PC online gaming? That' s a definite yes.

Oh, and those links I provided you can dismiss all you want. The baseball game is Wii Baseball with a wired controller. Doesn' t matter if you deny it. The fact that it doesn' t sell makes the Wii selling all that much funnier.

Seriously? You bought Wii fit? That' s pathetic. Go do a real workout.
canadagamer

RE: Reggie is " Passionately upset" You Can' t Find a Wii - Apr 26, 2008 09:42
Drizzle? You ignorant f.uck.

Why is it my f.ucking problem that you get personally hurt or whatever when any one of us makes VALID points about the Wii that you disagree with?

I am very sorry for hurting your feelers, but I am not just spouting DRIZZLE about the Wii. I provide valid f.ucking points showing exactly what the Wii is. A COMPLETE AND UTTER RIP OFF.

Done.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread