Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Recommendation
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
Recommendation - Sep 28, 2004 05:40
Hey, Daroosh, I have a recommendation for you. In my opinion, I think forum topics are passing by too quickly with the quantity of threads (mainly game news) you post. No offense Daroosh. What I meant was that threads are being pushed " off the screen" by other threads that recieve no considerable amount of replies. So, here' s what I think would be better: make a thread titled something like " gaming news" and post your news and things in there. You will not be loosing post replies, but rather than it spreading and leaving, posts will be packed into one category. Plus, the mystery will be that people won' t know what news you' re posting in there, and they will definitely click to see what' s going on, therefore giving threads more attention. Of course, I' m not saying you should pack " everything" in there, but once in a while, you can post a new thread.

I gotta give you credit for liven' up the forum with news and movie discussions and miscellaneous information though.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Recommendation - Sep 28, 2004 13:05
Sounds like laziness to me...how hard is it to check the dates of the replies and go down the list? Just as easy as making Daroosh put all of his news in one spot.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Recommendation - Sep 28, 2004 15:09

Sounds like laziness to me...how hard is it to check the dates of the replies and go down the list? Just as easy as making Daroosh put all of his news in one spot.

When I first read Alley_Hater' s response, I thought of fathoms and what he might say...then I wrote what you' ll see below.

I agree with yoshimitsu15...I tried to put all console news into one posting, and the number of responses dropped by over 50%.

Most posters want to pick and choose their topics of interest, and they do not want to read a 10,000 line post covering all the news they don' t want just to read the 15 line post that they really want.

The proof is in the pudding...

And though it does come across as being bold or brash on my part, I bring news and topics from between 5-10 websites. What one site reports, another dismisses...here you get to see them all...and YOU decide what to read.

I believe that serves the readers more effectively than worrying about whether a specific posting was pushed to page two or not. The readers will look for your (or anyone' s) topic whatever the location...and if it' s a hot topic, it will surely remain atop the first page no matter how many postings are added.

The bottom line...people like to pick and choose and reply accordingly, not be bogged down with searching through un-interesting topics to get to what matters to them.
Alley_Hater

RE: Recommendation - Sep 29, 2004 01:12
well, maybe you can think of an alternative to your postings. cause if you say it' s successful, i' d have to bring out the fact that the bottom threads of your gaming news have a whole row of " 0" s in replies and 10< in views/hits.
DaRoosh65

RE: Recommendation - Sep 29, 2004 16:07
It' s not the number of replies that I look at...

It IS the number of hits that I pay attention to.

Yes, there are a lot of " 0" post threads, but that' s gonna happen. I can' t please everyone, and you' re the only one complaining. Even the Mods have said nothing...maybe that' s because they want people to post on these forums...hmmm, isn' t that what I' m doing?

What are forums for, if a person can' t post based on forum subject matter.

I put the news stories out there for everyone to decide what they want. I don' t usually post fluff, cause that will interest few-to-none on these forums.

...but at least I post up-to-date stories.

I also take part in others' threads, as well as coming up with ' what if' and ' informational request' threads. All the things I do are expected from each member within this forum.

I apologize for coming across as arrogant or pig-headed, but I tried it the way you suggested. I got fewer hits and posts...

...and credit for fewer posts that took me quite a bit longer to edit, format, and present.
Alley_Hater

RE: Recommendation - Sep 29, 2004 21:43

and you' re the only one complaining.

I am in no way complaining. I meant no offense to you, Daroosh. As you can see my thread is " Recommendation" , not " You suck at posting" .

I don' t usually post fluff, cause that will interest few-to-none on these forums.
Well, how do u explain :

the fact that the bottom threads of your gaming news have a whole row of " 0" s in replies and 10< in views/hits.

But, as you wish, I don' t intend to go against you, so keep posting the way you do.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Recommendation - Sep 29, 2004 23:50
I' d limit posting stuff to interesting subjects. Stuff like " Trigger Man Blasts Into Stores!!!!!!!111!!1!!one!!!!!OMG!!!1!!!!1!" is pretty lame. Also to be consistent and fair you' d have to make a new thread whenever any new game is released, especially an interesting one people might care about. I' d only create threads which have the possibility of interesting discussion, not just news quips. If people just want the news, they' ll go to the news section of this site or some other site. So unless it' s big news or has the potential to have an interesting discussion, I' d think twice.

And there are a lot of people who don' t check page 2 of the thread topics, so older, more interesting threads may have been bumped down there and I' d never even see them. All I' d ask is that you post interesting threads and less stuff that almost seems like spam.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 9/29/2004 11:51:37 PM >
DaRoosh65

RE: Recommendation - Sep 30, 2004 13:58
Thank you for the personal attack, Joe.

Just because YOU do not read all of the posts, like the ' Trigger Man' post, doesn' t mean that others wouldn' t be interested. I can not read the minds of the readers, but I do try to post a variety of items that will cover the range of preferences of a large portion of the readers here at Kikizo.

Some reader' s do not have the time to read about game releases from other websites...that is why I make the less visible one' s available here. Everyone knows when Halo 2 is to be released, so why post such obvious release information?

And to answer you concerns about being pushed to page 2 (or beyond), I go through the 29 (or so) pages and bring back subjects by responding to them. This brings them back onto page one for everyone to see and respond. This is every forum member' s repsonsibility, but it is understandable that some people just do not have the time...

Since I joined this forum, I have noticed a few ' regulars' and a whole lot of ' here-and-there' posters. I came here to be a ' regular' , not a ' here-and-there' poster/participant. If I am being too aggressive on a site that asks for people to become more involved, then I will reluctantly resign my position and go elsewhere.

There are plenty of forums out there that are well-established and are very active...even more so than here at Kikizo. I came here to make friends, work within the rules, and help make Kikizo successful.

From what you two are telling me, I guess my participation has been in vain...

When I calm down, I will be back to post in this thread again...maybe with a less aggressive response...maybe not.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/30/2004 2:08:41 PM >
Joe Redifer

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 19:20
Don' t feel bad. My response above surely wasn' t written to be taken as a personal attack. My main point is that the forums are for discussion, not news bites. Granted the line between the two cannot always be clearly defined. If there is something you want to discuss that was mentioned somewhere in the video game news, I' d wholeheartedly suggest posting it. But if you' re just informing us of a news tidbit, then I dunno.

In the end it' s always up to you.
DaRoosh65

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 19:36
Joe,

I would say that you hit it right on the nose...

However, I looked at just the videogames category, and saw others posting news on just about every other game (the one' s that I have not posted a thread for).

The news is a subject that gets responses from others. Or, in my case (as has been stated earlier), the lack of responses from others.

By the way, isn' t this post considered fluff-like? What is its purpose other than to attack one member' s way of interacting?

Can' t we all just get along...

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 19:56
DaRoosh, all that I ask is that you ALSO send me a weekly print out of posted news each week :)
I spend alot of time in the baffroom sometimes and it would make great reading material since me and my GameBoy Advance aren' t on speaking terms as of late.
DaRoosh65

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 20:57
Let me guess...

You pushed its buttons and it got mad, right?

If I provided you with a weekly news listing, you would have enough reading material to stay in the bathroom until the next report comes out...at least some of the time, that is.

I don' t want to be responsible for your head hitting the sink or tub, because you fell asleep on the toilet. (LOL!!!)

The good thing about all the paper being used for the report is that it could be a good backup just in case you run out of toilet paper...just make sure that you use the already read portion of the report to wipe your behind.

LOL!!!
Terry Bogard

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 21:11

Let me guess...

You pushed its buttons and it got mad, right?

Actually MUCH worst than that.. It caught me salivating over pictures of the PSP and some of its games. It' s acting just like a human female would act if one caught me looking at another with such lust in my eyes :D
DaRoosh65

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 21:43
Well, if it' s mad because you looked at another...game system, that is.

You might as well forget about gaming for a while...

LOL!!!
Alley_Hater

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 22:04
wow...hahahaha....from a recommendation to a game thread...what a transformation...I have never seen any thread so ironic.

Daroosh...your participation in the forums has been the most active, and i' d have to say that you' ve brought Kikizo more attention by posting in varieties. I did type " no offense" , and I meant no offense. I called it a " recommendation" , and a recommendation is a suggestion; a suggestion is not required to be obeyed, but taking into consideration. Since you are not happy with the suggestion, then I suggest you follow your own suggestion and keep posting the way you are. There are positive sides to post in such a way: people see more changes around Kikizo and perhaps give it more attention. So, in other words, be yourself...your participation has NOT been in vain....and I don' t think anyone here thinks it has.
Alley_Hater

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 22:06
^
< Message edited by Alley_Hater -- 9/30/2004 10:06:55 PM >
DaRoosh65

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 22:26
Look...I hold no grudges...I want to be a part of the Kikizo forums.

I usually check what the Kikizo news offers and choose from other topics so as to not duplicate their efforts...

Sometimes I post new releases and other not-so-big stories...but I know there are people out there that like games like Bust-A-Move and Wings Of War just as much as others like Halo 2 or Fable.

I am just trying to bring variety, sometimes coming across as boring, to the readers of the threads in this forums.

Maybe I could combine the news by individual consoles or something similar.

I won' t be posting too much after the beginning of November due to my game -playing of the title Halo 2...so everyone will get a rest from my onslaught for a while...maybe (LOL!!!)
Terry Bogard

RE: Recommendation - Oct 01, 2004 23:58

Well, if it' s mad because you looked at another...game system, that is.

You might as well forget about gaming for a while...

LOL!!!

LOL, Well it doesn' t mind me looking at gaming consoles, it' s not threatened by them,
but when it comes to portables, it wants to be the only one I look at. My GBA is very territorial and possessive.
Joe Redifer

RE: Recommendation - Oct 02, 2004 00:56
Yeah DaRoooosh. I think you are a valued member and I have no doubt that you' ll (eventually) win the free game. Your good topics outweigh the bad ones.

It' s funny, in online multiplayer games like Crimson Skies where everyone is battling eachother, I like to yell out " Can' t we all just... get along?"
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Recommendation - Oct 02, 2004 02:43
No offense, but I also agree you over do it. The mass amounts of news you post can be easily accessed just by going to the sites. If people come to gaming forums it' s more than likely they are in the habit of looking at gaming sites. Gaming forums are places to pick out the highlights of the news that is shown on news sites and are elaborated on with people' s opinions. Topics should be posted to get replies not hits. People we' ll most likely come across all this news anyway. If it' s interesting enough people will come to the forum an elaborate and share opinions.

It' s just kinda annoying to have to gig through pages just to see what was pasted a day before because the board was spammed up by a bunch of news no one will ever reply to. Just try and post really interesting stuff and put a lot of your own opinion into it rather than just copying and pasting other sites. It' s more enjoyable to read and will most likely get a good discussion going(the whole point of forums).
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message