Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My PS3 thoughts n questions
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 08:09
First off my reason - Being bipolar tends to make you do things out of your control. Take purchase for example. I went out to shovel the driveway and came with a PS3. Not regretting it or anything it was just out of my control. MY THOUGHTS - So far there is plenty i like a few things i hate. + Aestetically pleasing all around Games are nice and even somewhat differ from those of the 360 Internet and PC functionality Bluray player - I hate the controller Long download and install process Not all psn games have a trial option Repeatedly signed out of PSN TBC when I get on pc and can use keyboard...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 08:19

ORIGINAL: Mass X

First off my reason - Being bipolar tends to make you do things out of your control. Take purchase for example. I went out to shovel the driveway and came with a PS3. Not regretting it or anything it was just out of my control.

MY THOUGHTS - So far there is plenty i like a few things i hate.
+
Aestetically pleasing all around
Games are nice and even somewhat differ from those of the 360
Internet and PC functionality
Bluray player

-
I hate the controller
Long download and install process
Not all psn games have a trial option
Repeatedly signed out of PSN

TBC when I get on pc and can use keyboard...

Nitro

RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 08:21
What is is about the controller you don' t like? It' s design in general or the fact that it' s as light as fuck and feels cheap?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 09:35
I thought about getting a PS3 just for the blu-ray player because I wouldn' t play many games on it, but then I remembered I don' t buy movies.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 10:28
The only thing I dont like about the PS3 control is the left analog stick is side by side with the right, 360' s controller feels more ergonomic when playing first person games.

The fact that the left stick is higher up on 360 gives more range of movement with your left thumb, which you need if you' re right handed, the right analog stick is fine on both consoles for me because being right handed I have the dexterity to better control it in that " tighter" position.
< Message edited by emofag -- 30 Dec 07 2:30:24 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 12:05
Majik why are you able to see what he posts and not us? Do you need to use the PS3 or something? It' s fukcing dumb lol
Nitro

RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 12:12
I pressed ' quote'
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 12:49
Mass, you have haunted posts

I think my only problem with the PS3 controller is the new R2, L2 buttons. Though at first I thought the ideas of " trigger" like buttons would be cool, the end results feels a little loose. Overall, I think its a nice controller, though I have grown to like since the PS era, so you' ll get used to it in time.
< Message edited by chimura -- 30 Dec 07 4:49:28 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 22:33
Yeah, if you' re gonna have trigger-like buttons, how about shaping them like triggers?

Edit: now the word ' trigger' looks completely bizarre to me.
< Message edited by zoy -- 30 Dec 07 14:34:02 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 23:09

I think my only problem with the PS3 controller is the new R2, L2 buttons. Though at first I thought the ideas of " trigger" like buttons would be cool, the end results feels a little loose. Overall, I think its a nice controller, though I have grown to like since the PS era, so you' ll get used to it in time.

I like the new thumbsticks, but the weight and the " triggers" would bug the hell out of me. Sony' s triggers are a joke. I really like the DualShock design, but they' re parallel with the L1 and R1 buttons from the start, so by the time they' re depressed your fingers feel like they' re going to slide right off. It' s just not natural.

Majik, how much heavier is TouchSense in comparison to Sixaxis, & the old DualShock?

Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: My PS3 thoughts n questions - Dec 30, 2007 23:30
It' s not TouchSense. Sony didn' t take Immersion up on that particular offer, instead deciding the use the exact same rumble tech from the Dual Shock 2.

It' s heavier than both the Dual Shock 2 and the SIXAXIS (obviously). It' s nearly as heavy as a wired 360 pad (though not the official weight as that includes the 9ft cable)... but still lighter than the wireless.

SIXAXIS 4.7 oz
DualShock 3 6.5 oz

For comparison...

DualShock 2 5.5 oz
Wireless 360 pad 9.35 oz

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages