Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 iPod rant
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
iPod rant - Sep 01, 2006 09:05
I bought a new computer about a month ago and its great, best money I ever spent. The only problem I have with it isn' t even with my computer but with my iPod. I want to transfer my songs from my iPod to my new computer so i don' t have to use the shitty family computer in the smelly basement to manage my songs. You' d think it would just be a matter of plugging in your iPod and clicking a button that transfers your songs from your iPod to your new computer. Fuck no, life is never that simple is it? There is no way to do this, instead I have to jump through hoops and put my song library in a folder and transfer that to my ipod as a file then to my new computer and open the folder through Itunes.

Its a good thing I didn' t delete itunes on my old computer before trying to trasfer my ipod library to my new comp. If I would have lost my songs because of this bull shit I would have smashed my iPod in a thousand pieces and mail the remains right back to Apple HQ.

I don' t fucking have the patience for this shit anymore! I just want to listen to my tunes with my god damn X-Fi card.

Why must humanity always complicate our lives. I fucking hate Apple. Why the Hell did I buy an iPod anyways!?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 1 Sep 06 1:06:52 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: iPod rant - Sep 01, 2006 11:45
Welcome to 2003.

I had an ipod a long time ago and the #1 reason I returned it was because it was too retarded when it came to handling files, get a creative labs mp3 player they are the same price and much easier to use, everything is drag and drop you dont have to go through gay programs like itunes. Though their flash memory mp3 players are a little more expensive than ipod nano, the hard drive mp3 players are the same price as normal ipods.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Sep 06 3:47:08 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: iPod rant - Sep 01, 2006 12:03
I know, I wanted a Creative Vision: M but at the time I couldn' t fucking find any. I should have waited for it instead of getting my shitty Nano which by the way doesn' t even have half the advertised battery life. I fucking hate Apple, all style no substance.
Evil Man

RE: iPod rant - Sep 01, 2006 12:39
Yea that was the 2nd reason, battery life is gay, and their mp3 players are fragile, I mean they' re fairly sturdy and hard to break but the ipod skin scratches so easily its ridiculous, I also hate that metalic finish on the back because it gets full of fingerprints and looks digusting.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Sep 06 4:40:15 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: iPod rant - Sep 01, 2006 18:51

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Welcome to 2003.

I had an ipod a long time ago and the #1 reason I returned it was because it was too retarded when it came to handling files, get a creative labs mp3 player they are the same price and much easier to use, everything is drag and drop you dont have to go through gay programs like itunes. Though their flash memory mp3 players are a little more expensive than ipod nano, the hard drive mp3 players are the same price as normal ipods.

I agree I had and archos (drag and drop) and as easy as it was to manage files and stuff the thing broke down really bad. Decided to go apple and itunes just puts me off it blatantly, iv' e noticed it even loads songs I don' t want on there, plus it automatically changed all my media files to play via itunes. So if I just wanted to quitckly listen to a song it has to open up itunes then load it from there rather than windows (changed it though).
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: iPod rant - Sep 01, 2006 22:33
I dont have an ipod, but I know what your going through. Its such a stupid design. Probley to stop people from shareing music.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: iPod rant - Sep 01, 2006 23:24
I have nothing against any ipod (except the video ipod which is crap for the video playback).

Awesome design, smallest size comparing to competition and their battery won' t die when they lay unused for two days (creative has this problem - you need to charge it even if you haven' t used it).

Battery life could be better though.

With new NANO coming out with scratch proof shell , it could be even better.

I never had any problems with itunes and it' s obvious you can' t go and drop all your music to other PC (copyrights).If you read what it says while installing and change some settings - it works great.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: iPod rant - Sep 02, 2006 01:03
it' s a shame they created those copy right laws isn' t it??

i hate it when i take some clothes and stuff from other peoples houses and then i get home and i have nowhere to put it....dammit! why can' t stealing stuff be easier??
]GaNgStA[

RE: iPod rant - Sep 02, 2006 01:43
AMEN
Evil Man

RE: iPod rant - Sep 03, 2006 02:38
Itunes doesnt stop piracy. It just makes it annoying for you to transfer files around, legally or illegally.

And creative labs mp3 players dont die when theyre unused for two days, I' ve left that shit off for months and when I turn it back on the batery is still charged and working.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 2 Sep 06 18:44:17 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: iPod rant - Sep 03, 2006 03:02
Get cell phones with mp3 playback!
I recommend Nokia or SonyEricsson Walkman.
Silentbomber

RE: iPod rant - Sep 03, 2006 03:57

Get cell phones with mp3 playback!
I recommend Nokia or SonyEricsson Walkman.

Ha ha, thats what I have, an 6230i with 1Gb MMc card. Hold about 200 mp3' s not much, but if you change it quite alot like I do, its not that much of a pain. I hate some of those new nokias, they look so ugly and are huge. Big screen and a simple clean look with some nice features[plus a decent battery, but that goes without saying]. thats all I want.
]GaNgStA[

RE: iPod rant - Sep 03, 2006 06:36

And creative labs mp3 players dont die when theyre unused for two days, I' ve left that shit off for months and when I turn it back on the batery is still charged and working.

I knew that from reviews so I could be wrong.
sweetboy2k

• Total Posts : 44
RE: iPod rant - Sep 04, 2006 00:53
hmm it is a shame that they made this copyrite thing. =(
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: iPod rant - Sep 04, 2006 01:32
I have one of the first creative muvo' s. It is almost 10 years old. I don' t really use it anymore but I' ve never had any problems with keeping the charge. Sadly the sound quality on it is better than my friend' s new iPod Nano.
dasher232

RE: iPod rant - Sep 04, 2006 02:28

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

I have one of the first creative muvo' s. It is almost 10 years old. I don' t really use it anymore but I' ve never had any problems with keeping the charge. Sadly the sound quality on it is better than my friend' s new iPod Nano.

I don' t know why people bother with the nano. As for the phone thing i' m the kinda person that has to have something that is dedicated to doing it' s job if I have a concole it' s to play games, dvd to watch movies on and mp3 player to play music...that and the batteries on my phone is crap as it is.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: iPod rant - Sep 04, 2006 02:46
With a cell phone you can watch movies, watch TV, use the Internet, check e-mail, listen to music, play videogames, messenger chat, make phone calls and send messages, take pictures, make notes, keep your schedule and much more, all in one single tiny device. Sure it may not be the best thing for everything, but it does the stuff well and takes little space in your pocket.
Cell phones KICK ASS!
I' ve got Sonic the Hedgehog, Castlevania, Tamagotchi and Street Fighter 2 on my cell phone and they' re all great. Doing special attacks in Street fighter is easier on my cell phone than on the PSP...
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Sep 06 18:46:36 >
dasher232

RE: iPod rant - Sep 04, 2006 02:51

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

With a cell phone you can watch movies, watch TV, use the Internet, check e-mail, listen to music, play videogames, messenger chat, make phone calls and send messages, take pictures, make notes, keep your schedule and much more, all in one single tiny device. Sure it may not be the best thing for everything, but it does the stuff well and takes little space in your pocket.
Cell phones KICK ASS!
I' ve got Sonic the Hedgehog, Castlevania, Tamagotchi and Street Fighter 2 on my cell phone and they' re all great. Doing special attacks in Street fighter is easier on my cell phone than on the PSP...

Well I suppose we have opposing ideas of what a phone should be. I haven' t played any games on a mobile phone sine snake...which was a looooong time ago.
Silentbomber

RE: iPod rant - Sep 04, 2006 06:56
What phomne do you have ginjirou ?? i have opera mini on my phone, dont use it much as it eats my credit.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll