Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Blinx 2 IGN review
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Blinx 2 IGN review - Nov 17, 2004 17:33
Link to full reveiw below

Closing Comments
Having always played dozens of platformers over the years, I find it mildly interesting that Blinx 2: Master of Time and Space is going the way of Naughty Dog and Insomniac. Artoon' s time and space bending platformer is an example of the trend toward getting away from traditional head-bonking, twitch design, and stretching out toward action, adventure, stealth, weapons and gadgetry.

It does some of these things well and some not so well. For instance, stealth is executed with the most simplistic notions, while gadgetry and weapons are very base-level, too. But the lunacy of a pirate pig throwing a warp hole to catch an enemy is hard to match. It' s so inane, it' s funny. All in all, Blinx gets most things right, but not everything.

Still, for being a cuddly platformer filled with furry animals, Blinx 2 cuts against the platformer grain. This is thanks to the complexity of some moves and the extensive training required to nail them. I just wanted to jump in and play, but the game forces you to use its depth. Which is well and fine, but the steps required to use these gadgets and tools are not as intuitively useable as, say Ratchet and Clank, and they' re sometimes awkward in a quick pinch. This should be a quick pick-up-play game, but it' s not. At times it' s tedious and intrusive. At other times it' s clever and engaging.

Despite some awkwardness, Blinx 2 is a solid, quirky platformer with a healthy amount of replay value and enjoyable multiplayer options. It' s definitely worth renting, and if you' re bent on buying an exclusive platformer on Xbox, get this.

IGN full review
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess its not good nor bad...An average platformer, but an exclusive to the platformer-less X-Box. However Gamespot gave it a much lower score of 6.3
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/17/2004 5:41:37 PM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Blinx 2 IGN review - Nov 17, 2004 18:09
6.3 is the same score Gamespot gave the first Blinx (which I liked anyway).

I think IGN gave Blinx 2 a lower score than the first was because the competition has gotten stiffer and Blinx 2 isn' t pushing the enevelope enough. At least that' s the impression I got from reading their closing arguments.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll