Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 laptop
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
PS3 laptop - Apr 12, 2008 19:58
This guy is fucking brilliant. From the guy who modded a 360 and Wii into laptop form.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/11/video-the-ps3-laptop-in-action/

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 12, 2008 21:48
Not quite as sexy looking as the original console, but still awesome nonetheless. I' m guessing the official PS3P when it eventually arrives will be a little smaller!
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 12, 2008 23:43
The idea is cool but its not practical for everyday use unless youre Arnold Schwarzenegger (I love firefox' s built in spelling checker).
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 13, 2008 01:48
Ben Heckendorn is the man, but he needs to ditch the bizzare skins he puts on all of his creations. In my opinion, he' d be far better off by giving the console a solid color, similar to the portable SNES he did a while back.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 13, 2008 02:41
So Eddie when you going to do modding like this!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 14, 2008 11:25
This guy is skilled.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 15, 2008 00:44

So Eddie when you going to do modding like this!

Hehehehe.... time and money my friend. Time and money.

Ben Heck has been tinkering with electronics longer than I' ve been alive. His asthetic taste bugs me, but his hardware knowlege is unparalelled in the modding community. What he' s got over me is experience growing up with computers. I' m a product of the nineties, and consequently became interested in modding after computers were already a booming industry.

He grew up as computers did, and thus has a better understanding of how they work, and what one needs to do to alter them. I' ve actually found it useful to go back and build legacy boxes using 80s and early 90s components just to get a better grasp on where hardware is now.

As for miniturization, I frankly don' t have the patience. I' d much rather take what I' m given, and add to it, or make it more asthetically pleasing.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 15, 2008 05:33
Since we' re on the topic of Eddie' s home projects, how did that arcade that you working on go?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 15, 2008 05:59
Already mentioned that it was on the backburner in it' s forum.

I got consumer-gangbanged out of $30-40 in arcade buttons, and had to stop the project early. I' ve got a fully functional wooden arcade board, with PS1 and SNES hookups, and enough plyboard for the cabinet though, if I ever get the money and time to go back and finish it (it' ll be during or after summer, when I have a slight surplus of both).
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 15, 2008 07:18
That guy is up here -----------

Eddie is down here ----------------
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 15, 2008 07:49
Yes.

This has already been established. Anything else?
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 16, 2008 08:07
I just wanted to make it clear that it has nothing to do with the age you were born in, he is simply better than you. What an absurd excuse.

The guy is an expert, he has probably spent thousands in his hobby, while you abandon your project because of $40 - LOL. Get a job eddie.
< Message edited by emofag -- 16 Apr 08 0:10:41 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3 laptop - Apr 16, 2008 09:12
Right.

The fact that I' m not swimming in a pool full of hundred dollar bills, being tended to by midgets with facial deformities right now has nothing to do with my age either. Everyone else is just better at making money than I am. Age has everything to do with talent. There are certain things that simply come with practice.

Do you think he was turning out things this impressive when he was my age? Somehow I think not.

LOL. Get a job eddie.

LOL. Get a new hobby Emo. Is this how you get your jollies off, trying to bug a really tiny gaming community with under the belt insults?

I' m not insulting you. I' m just genuinely confused by your motives. Nine out of ten posts you make are trollbait, and while you do make the occasional intelligent comment, it' s covered up by a poor excuse at witty cynicism. I mean, wouldn' t it make sense to move to a larger forum if you genuinely enjoy insulting people?

Edit: Oh, and if you' ve got any leads on jobs, be sure to let me know. You try getting a job in this economic climate in high-school. I' ve applied 12 places in the past 2 months. Not a single hit off of one, they' re all being snapped up by the ignorant forty-something ex-white-collar masses.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 16 Apr 08 1:17:49 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message