Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 18, 2005 17:54
To be quite honest, I hated Techno back in the day. I thought it was a butch of high pitched jibberish. Until one day my best friend gave me a copy of The Prodigy " Fat of the Land" cd. He was like just listen to it man, you' ll never think of techno the same way again. He was right. Damn. Fat of the Land cd has to be the greatest techno mix ever created. I mean seriously, Fatboy Slim and others can' t compare. After that cd, I was waiting on another release by them but, it didn' t come until 2004. I was like what happened to these guys?!?! Fat of the Land came out in 1996 and they' re just now making another cd?!? It didn' t hit the US until this year and I had forgotten about it until I went to Best Buy yesterday. I picked up the latest and still greatest, " Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" . I recommend to anyone that you buy the Fat of the Land cd before buying this one because they went back to full techno and not a mix of rock. Seriously tho, if you don' t like techno, Fat of the Land will change your mind about it period
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 18, 2005 18:04
Maybe they all lost weight and are no longer " fat" enough to make techno?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 19, 2005 00:52
I' ll have to check that out. I mostly listen to industrial music which similiar to techno. Frontline Assembly, Assemblage 23, Apoptygma Berzerk and Delerium are my favorites.
kombatfighter

RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 21, 2005 08:34

Maybe they all lost weight and are no longer " fat" enough to make techno?

Lame and yet, somehow pretty funny.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 21, 2005 11:29
comparing Prodigy to Fatboy Slim is like comparing the moon with the sun, both are bodies in space, but the dont consist of the same things.

Fatboy Slim is more like house music, where as prodigy is techno rock. Both are great, but fatboy is more for easy listening, and Prodigy is aggresive.

Ill be checking out the Always Outnumbered album. I loved the video for smack my bitch up.

edit created a thread about favorite music videos

http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=34245&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 21 Nov 05 19:33:22 >
kombatfighter

RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 21, 2005 18:01
Ok, to me techno is techno. Just a compilation of sounds mixed together. But I follow you on the placement of Prodigy and Slim. However, Prodigy has usually been techno and not a mixture of rock as heard in the Fat of the Land cd. There were a few songs that showed signs that they really wanted a new sound mix. Fat of the Land was a groundbreaker in the world of techno. It really mixed and truly gave you a feel of how techno can sound like when it' s done correctly. Instead of just a compilation of sounds mixed together at certain speeds with a rythm.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 23, 2005 11:15
I too like techo, house, some industrial, and much dance...

But whichever type of music you listen to must make the ladies (or guys) shake and move to capture the interested party' s attention.

From there, you two can work on making a little music of your own...
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 23, 2005 16:41
...dudette, check out MUSIC FOR A JILTED GENERATION.... this was the CD before Fat of the Land and features a collaboration with old-skool industrial act Pop Will Eat Itself, and also has guitar contributions from Jim Davies (Pitchshifter) amongst others...the sound of this CD is similar to Fat of the Land, but with a more Industrial mindset....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 24 Nov 05 0:43:45 >
kombatfighter

RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 23, 2005 17:36
Yeah, that' s a good cd too that I obtained <cough> I mean...I bought right...I' m a big financial supporter of Prodigy (I really would have bought thier cds IF they hadn' t died on me for over 5 yrs and just now returned).
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 25, 2005 10:45
..... well there was L. Howlett' s solo cd THE DIRT-CHAMBER SESSIONS, which came out a couple of years after Fat of the Land (which isn' t really a solo record because L. Howlett does all the music for the Prodigy anyway!)....... and Maxim (the dredlocked MC) also released a solo record a year or so after that (there' s this really cool track done with Skin from the now defunct British band called Skunk Ananse).....

.....or have you already ' acquired' these too?..... If so are they any good??...

..i never got round to picking them up.....
kombatfighter

RE: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - Nov 25, 2005 14:23
True on the L. Howlett. Nah, haven' t gotten anything from the dreadlocked MC. The only thing that I want is for Howlett to make something that will out beat or meet Fat of the Land mix one more time. I' ll be happy and so will a lot of fans if he makes another cd in it' s likeness with different beats but same composition. He tried to do that with Baby' s Got a Temper but it reminded fans too much of Firestarter due to the same beat he used with a little mix. The video was actually pretty good tho. They were at a circus and were singing or something like that. I only saw the video 2 or 3 times tho.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll