Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 " PS3 is in full production"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
" PS3 is in full production" - Jul 02, 2007 23:46
I don' t know how they can consider this a press announcement, but it should be noted that it seems they' re now attributing their lackluster sales to a lack of supply.

Sony has reiterated comments made by chairman Howard Stringer that the PlayStation 3 is now in full production with regular supplies reaching all key sales regions.

According to a report on compoundsemiconductor.net Sony is now manufacturing 1.7 million blue laser diodes for both the PlayStation 3 and its Blu-ray movie players.

" Production problems have now ceased, we' re in full production as far as PlayStation 3 is concerned and there' s a steady chain of supply in North America, Japan and Europe," said a spokesperson for the company.

Sony is confident that pitching the console as a home entertainment device rather than a dedicated games machine will help the PS3 sell as many units as its market-leading PlayStation 2.

" We' re aiming towards a much broader lifestyle for home entertainment enthusiasts, that' s one of the reasons the PlayStation 2 went on to sell over 115 million units worldwide," offered the representative.

LINK

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message