Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bayonetta
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Bayonetta - Dec 26, 2009 21:43
After hearing about Famitsu's perfect score, I figured I would give the demo a try. Anyone else here make that unfortunate mistake? The story, at least whats presented in the demo is your typical weeaboo babble, and the controls/camera work against you so hard its frustrating.

What are your opinion's, remnant of kikizo? Any of you in Japanland got to play the full game?
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Bayonetta - Dec 28, 2009 14:42
I liked the demo, but did find the 10/10 scores baffling.  Enjoyed it enough to pick up the game myself when it comes out.  Wasn't exactly planning on getting it for the story though...
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Bayonetta - Jan 09, 2010 20:31
The story in the game sucks ass, it's cheesy like DMC's.

The game itself is very good, pretty much what DMC4 should have been.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Bayonetta - Jan 09, 2010 23:35
You have to turn the camera speed up because for some jacked up reason it defaults to hyper mega slow.  Game is OK but I just can't get over how tiny the main character's head is.

Famitsu giving this a perfect score means they must be selling out, though. 
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Jan 09, 2010 23:37>
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Re:Bayonetta - Jan 12, 2010 23:26
Edge gave it 10 as well though. Haven't played it myself yet but I will. It can't be better than Ninja Gaiden.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Bayonetta - Jan 29, 2010 19:06
I normally hate these kind of games, but for some reason had fun playing the demo. Haven't picked it up yet but am very tempted after seeing it going for $40 at most places.
Iad umboros

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 11, 2010 18:22
Why did no-one mention how incredibly tough it is?  I think you'll need two replays on normal just to get a meagre amount of equipment/weapons.  I've been dying repeatedly after the initial levels (which were okay) and deaths wipe a huge amount of points off your score for the level.  As points equal prizes, I'm struggling!

Still, I can see it will be worth the repeated playthroughs. It just takes a couple of deaths to work out attack patterns of new baddies encountered.
Joe Redifer

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 11, 2010 22:12
I think it is a good game, but each chapter is just too damn long and I keep thinking "Damn when am I going to get to the end of this chapter?"   I don't think I will replay this game when I am finished because it just takes too long to dispatch certain enemies and it gets tedious.  Right now I believe I am on chapter 12 on the Xbox 360 version and at 9 hours exactly.  It can be very difficult.  People like to say how hard Demon's Souls was, but really, this game is much harder/cheaper than that.  It's much harder than Ninja Gaiden 2 as well.
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Feb 11, 2010 22:14>
emofag

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 14, 2010 08:27
Um, are you playing it on the hardest difficulty or what? I played it on the default setting and it wasn't so bad, I struggled in some areas because I naturally suck at these types of games, but it wasn't anywhere near as hard as Ninja Gaiden 1 or 2, I quit both of those games cause I just sucked and couldn't get past the first few levels.
Joe Redifer

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 14, 2010 16:35
Ninja Gaiden 1 was definitely harder, I'll give it that, but the PS3 version of NG2 definitely seems much easier.  I am stuck in a part in some giant underground lake in NG2... not because I keep dying but just I don't know what the hell to do.  I'll worry about it some other time.  The only boss I had problems with was the statue of liberty for about 10 or so minutes. I had no heal items or anything to help.

My biggest problem with Bayonetta  is that it seems to take forever to kill some enemies and they just keep stacking up.  I can't earn enough Sonic rings to buy more than healing and protective items.  Some combos are difficult to pull off consistently as well.
emofag

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 14, 2010 18:50
Some of the big ones take a while, but they are like minibosses, and they usually come in pairs, when you kill the 1st one it usually drops a weapon that allows you to make short work of the 2nd one.
Joe Redifer

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 15, 2010 02:17
Sometimes I get my ass handed to me as I'm trying to pick it up!  The Bullet Witch Time doesn't work on all enemies, either.  I think I am at the start of chapter 12.  Haven't started it yet.  Maybe it is chapter 13.  I know I just fought a boss.  Must be 13.

I need to farm for more Sonic rings so I can buy more crap.  But it won't let me buy any more hearts, I now have to find them.  :(
Iad umboros

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 15, 2010 18:51
I actually had one of my stupidest moments in gaming on this.  I hadn't realised I had unlocked the sword, shotguns and claws and just had to equip them.  Managed to finish it after that and I'm now tearing through it on a second playthrough.  What a numpty!  I had played up to half way through Chapter 10 I think.

Joe, you're pretty near the end.  The two angels with claws which you can't use witch time on are probably the hardest guys in the game.  I really struggled on the level with the 3 Kinships, but that was just before I realised I had the sword.  Fantastic game.  You can play earlier levels again to get more rings if you really need them.  Take your time on the Angel Shoot bonus levels and you shouldn't need to buyt any items beyond what you earn there and concoct yourself.
Joe Redifer

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 16, 2010 10:30
Now I am on an anti-air gun shooting at the tentacle-fingered boss in chapter nine billion.  How many times do I have to fight him in this game?  Any time a game repeats a boss, it's because the developers lack creativity.  Stupid fuckers.  Storage space is no longer an excuse. 

Anyway I am getting my ass handed to me.  He shoots green missiles which I have to shoot down and then I guess I shoot his shoulders (they seem to alternate).  Then he does a mega-attack which absolutely cannot be avoided, even if you dismount the gun, run away and hide.  This is what does me in.  If I see one more enemy in this game that I have already seen before, I am going to piss mustard on the director's wife's ass, that whore.  I hope he and all of his friends and family for eternity get chronic diarrhea.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Bayonetta - Feb 16, 2010 10:46
I'm going to be playing this a good three months after everybody else has exhausted the achievement list, as with any other game I'm not given to review :(

Not 100% sure what the fuss is about, tbh. I've played the demo, and yes it's very slick and your hair can eat sumo wrestlers and you can kick people into iron maidens, but... it's just Devil May Cry with tits, shirley.
Iad umboros

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 16, 2010 18:18
Edwin - it is, but it's also the most polished and fluid DMC we've seen yet.  I wouldn't have scored it a 10/10, but it is a great game.  The story is a huge mess, but the camp delivery and outrageousness of the whole thing is a spectacle to behold. I'm still confused why every Japanese evil boss man sounds like the evil twin of Kenneth Williams?

Joe - He is a massive anus. I guess you've beaten him by now, the only way to avoid his giant scream thing is perfect timing on your dodge.  I found dodging the missiles until he had finished (try to get witch time at the end) then jump on the gun and shoot him the face works well.  Jump off the gun as soon as he launches another wave of missiles.
Joe Redifer

Re:Bayonetta - Feb 16, 2010 22:02
No, I haven't beaten him yet.  I haven't played the game since I typed the last post, but I plan on booting it up in a few minutes or so.  I'll try what you suggest.  If it doesn't work, you and I are through professionally, man! :)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll