Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 In Local News
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
In Local News - Jul 24, 2005 20:08
In Local News...

This thread is for people to post their local news (may it be copy form a website or summerizing it themselves). The reason is to basically see what people are dealing with locally around the world.

Weekend Weather: On saturday in the Twin Cities of Minnesota we were hit with a sudden storm just before noon. Winds ranged from 40mph - 70mph. Rain poured to flooding levels as all roads layered with water. I myself was on my way to Jess' (chickapoo88) and was trailed by the storm at first then finally trapped in it. To make things worse I had to drive by a construction site where the dirt was being blowing like a sandstorm onto the roads making visibility very minimal. Going 20mph I could only barly see the tail lights of the car several feet infront of me. Just before reaching her house a tree branch fell onto the hood of my car then being blwon onto the car next to me.

Today was hit with humid weather many were still cleaning up the mess from yesterday.

Related News Power outages from the storm are still being resolved down to 7000 customers from the 61000 origionally.

Breaking News A body has just been found by a man and his dog walkign along a railroad track. Nothign further at the moment.

Other News A 10 year was shot with a stray bullet fired by an unknown person. The kid is in stable condition.

A gunman was arrested after runnign thru a Plymouth hotel fire shots into a room which was occupied. The only one hurt was the gunman who got a bullet fragment stuck in his eye.

yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: In Local News - Jul 25, 2005 00:49
Only news in Tennessee...it' s hotter than two rats fucking a sweat sock...
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: In Local News - Jul 25, 2005 18:04
In the buckeye state its pretty humid. But, hey it' s summer so nothings unusual here exept for the fact that they still can' t find Erica Baker' s carcass.
< Message edited by George Foreman -- 26 Jul 05 2:05:06 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: In Local News - Jul 25, 2005 19:41

Only news in Tennessee...it' s hotter than two rats fucking a sweat sock...

LOL!!! Definitely sig worthy material ;)
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: In Local News - Jul 25, 2005 22:30
on the front page of the calgary sun today
Baby Shot In Head
Sal

• Total Posts : 38
RE: In Local News - Jul 25, 2005 22:39
haha front page of the edmonton sun today was a pic of a baby that got attacked by a dog. I love the sun...such quality newsgathering....no reliance on sensationalism at all.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: In Local News - Jul 25, 2005 22:49
In Denver local news:

Weather
It rained today. And Yesterday. About time.
The entire state was on fire two days ago because of the vengeful sun.

Sports
The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Team is back. yay.

Real news
The murderer of a girl I went to high school with has still not been caught after 2 years on the loose.

Senator (?) Tom Tancredo pisses Muslims off by saying we should bomb Muslim holy sites if terrorists attack the US with nuclear bombs.

More illegal Mexicans sneak into the state.

Mass X

RE: In Local News - Jul 25, 2005 23:23
I was curious if ppl would actually post in this thread.

His thw quickies here in Minnesota: More rain, more power outages

Kare 11 News Article:

A boat exploded as it was being started at East Lake Okoboji on Monday, injuring a Minneapolis girl and two other teens who were getting ready to go water skiing.

The engine cover and two rear seats were blown into the water by the blast, which happened at a dock at Camp Foster on the lake' s east side, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources said.

The three teens were burned on their legs. They were identified as Maddie Dineen, 14, of Omaha, Neb.; Emmy Rush, 14, of Minneapolis; and Amelia Ambrose, 13, of Omaha.

Two of the three children jumped into the water when the explosion occurred and a third managed to step back on the dock, the DNR said.

Rush and Ambrose were treated at a Spirit Lake hospital and released. Dineen was held for observation, DNR spokesman Kevin Baskins said.

Two camp employees, Jackie Ryan, 22, and Neil J. Carroll, 20, were not injured.

The explosion occurred when Carroll tried to start the 34-year-old boat, which had been used earlier in the day. Carroll put the fire out immediately with an extinguisher, the DNR said.

DNR officials said the group had been going out on the lake to ski.
Thats about all of todays excitment
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: In Local News - Jul 26, 2005 06:09
Some actual news, out of Nashville:

A homeless man turned himself in this morning, confessing to the murder of two other homeless last week. The man stressed that if the police did not lock him up he would kill again. The suspect has lived in Nashville for three months. Police are currently searching for even more murders.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: In Local News - Jul 26, 2005 12:23
News here in California:

A Liberty High School student who was kicked out of the Kern High School District in November after bringing a bunch of guns and knives near campus in his truck is suing the district to allow him back into school.
Mass X

RE: In Local News - Jul 26, 2005 13:00
creepy kids...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages