Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!!
Interstellar Fighter

• Total Posts : 7
SHENMUE III ON LIMBO FOR 3-5 YEARS!!! - Dec 08, 2006 09:50
Hi,

If anyone here is from the Shenmue Dojo, You' ll know about a campaign BBC Scotland have started to try and get Shenmue III released:

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32193&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

However, today it seems that campaign has come to nothing, if not at least for some comfirmation on just what is going on:

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32193&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=725

Don' t get excited, guys. I' m in here to tell all of YOU first, that it isn' t good news.

We got contacted by a member of Sega staff, and we can at least clear some things up.

Despite any rumours, Shenmue III is not at any stage of development, and is not in Sega' s plans.

" This is hardly an official statement, but I can tell you that despite rumours to the contrary, there is nothing in the works for Shenmue III. However, SEGA is aware of Shenmue' s position and the special place it holds for fans, and we would never discount the possibility of doing another one.

There is no Shenmue 3 in the works because Suzuki-san is too busy on Shenmue online and will be for another couple of years at least. There is every possibility that he would want to do a Shenmue 3, but the general feeling is that it won' t happen in the next 3-5 years; or until SEGA reaches it' s current business goals - That is to become a top 3 publisher.

I’d tell our fans not to give up hope – but not to hold their breath either."

That' s it in a nutshell. While the guy says that it' s " not an official statement" this is just to keep him in the clear with his bosses in Japan. Shenmue III isn' t going to happen anytime soon, no matter how much we want it to.

I' m gutted that I can' t come out of this with something more positive for you all. The thing that annoys me most is that Sega seem to be suggesting that the only way it will happen is if Sega' s fortunes really pick up - but in my opinion Sega are producing some poor games these days. The latest Sonic games, for example, are a disgrace. So does Sega DESERVE to have their fortunes improved?

I dunno. Disappointed.

Anyway, at least it clears up any bullshit stories (such as the Kikizo one) about Shenmue III being " out there" somewhere.

Really sorry, guys. Wanted to tell you first, because we never had much time to cover it on the show.

Thanks for all the input. At least now we know where we stand.

Sickened...

The only good to have come out of this is some conclusion, but regrettably Shenmue III seems to be on limbo.

The reason I post in this forum is because I now have to question Adam Doree' s article back in August of last year:

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200508/141_p1.asp

I want some understanding as to what this article was about, because everything has been pretty much rebuffed by the SEGA employee.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll